“nice room, very nice pool area and bad service”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Macau, China
“nice room, very nice pool area and bad service”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights.
At the checkin the girl tried to make us wait for our room because apparently it was being cleaned even though we checked in after 3pm.
After I complained that its not acceptable she offered us a smoking room which we didn't accept and after I said that we will cancel our reservation suddenly there was a room available.
The room is nice and spacious with a good view of Taipa. The facilities are very nice with a large wave pool and several Jacuzzis.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear KingKaisa a,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your room with a great view to the Taipa and you were happy with our facilities. I was sorry to learn your less than desirable check-in experience. I can assure you that I will share your notes with the Front Desk so they may utilize it to improve their service and we hope to see you again in the nearest future.

With regards,
Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Thornlands, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I purchased a Travelzoo offer to stay here for two nights in a Galaxy Room. On check in we asked about purchasing an upgrade to a suite and were able to get a very cheap upgrade to a Premier Suite. So the room was incredible. On the 31st floor, a large living room, huge bedroom and a bathroom that was about as big as my lounge room at home. Huge spa bath that could probably fit 5 people, rain shower with sauna, etc. However...

We waited 2.5 hours to have our bags delivered to the room after chasing them twice. The bar fridge didn't work which I requested to have fixed on our first afternoon. I requested again the next morning and by the afternoon of the second day it still wasn't fixed. Requested again at the front desk, along with a request to fix the TV in the bathroom (hey, it's there to be used!) and eventually they fixed the fridge by that evening, but not the TV and no mention or explanation about this.

My summary is this, they're basically trying to make this place the Vegas of China. Big tick on the casinos and hotels but the service culture just doesn't exist in this part of the world. If we went back to Macau we would probably try somewhere different given our experience at the Galaxy but to be honest, my gut feel is that it is probably just a cultural thing, rather than a defect with this particular hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Dom J,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are indeed very sorry and disappointed to read about the terrible service you experienced during your stay with us at Galaxy Hotel. Please be assured that this is by no means normal practice and we normally pride ourselves in showing attention to detail and looking after the needs of all our guests. I have been in touch with you separately and your feedback from your stay is very constructive. I would be delighted to speak with you further regarding your stay and hope we may have the opportunity to be your chosen hotel once again. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

With best regards,
Email: nathan.yu@galaxyentertainment.com
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Galaxy Macau is an awesome property. Its huge , grand and u feel simply royal. i stayed for 5nights and every day was worth staying. Staff were very friendly, service was superb, food at the restuarants was awesome. Diamond lobby, crystal lobby were very well made and simply awesome. Hotel offered free shuttle services to close by places which were very useful. The only problem i had was that its so huge we had to walk alot to reach the places we had to go. The shops inside the hotel were great but expensive. Wave pool was closed for all 4 four days only on the last day they opened wave pool but i didnt got time to visit it. It was an awesome experience. Galaxy Macau u rock.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear kanu2781,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are delighted that your group decided to make Galaxy Macau a part of your special celebration and of course that you have enjoyed a memorable holiday. We are also pleased that you were touched by the personalized services offer by our staff members and found the food at the restaurants were awesome. We are very proud of the dedication of our team members who deliver the Asian Heart experience and delighted that it left a great impression on you. I will take pleasure sharing your notes with the related teams who most truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Galaxy Macau where you are Royalty!

Truly yours,
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great Hotel, staff, service, pools. location, rooms -everything just great, not one bad word. Due to the the travel agent's mistake, our room was too small for us (travelling with children), the hotel upgraded us to a larger room to compensate for a mistake they did not make(!) that's service.

Dear Ariel Ayelet Z,
I was happy that you enjoyed our service, location and the various facilities we provided for our valued guests. My team will be so happy to read your comments and we will continue at Galaxy Hotel to do 'Whatever It Takes' to exceed the expectations of our guests. Please do come and visit us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Regards,
Reviewed May 26, 2013

It was a wow Property, No Excuse to find any Flaw, All was Perfect More than Expected, Just Loved every Moment of 5 Nights, Service was Prompt, House Keeping was Great. Just Fantastic, Will REcommend ALL. i will come adain....

Room Tip: Where Ever Does not Matter
Dear Rohra S,
I was really pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that we met your expectations in all the areas of your stay. Please do come back and see us soon. I have passed on your kind words to my team here.

With warmest regards,
chennai
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at The Galaxy Macau recently. I must say I was impressed. Both with the ease of check-in, the warmth of the hotel staff, as well as with the luxury of the rooms and the speed of service. There was nothing I needed that I didn't get. BTW, the contents of the minibar are free for first time use. Replenishment is at a cost.

I would recommend this hotel any day both from value for money, as well as from the luxury perspective. We enjoyed our stay and our only regret was that we needed to leave as per our schedule. We expect to be back though sometime next year with the rest of the family in tow! :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello kalpanaO,
I was absolutely delighted to read that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and recommend us to the travel community here on TripAdvisor. I was happy that you liked the design concept of this property and also found your room well worth the price. I have passed on you kind words to my team here at the hotel and I do hope that we can look after your family next year.

Best regards,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed here a couple of days. They have nice rooms, but every night we are awakened by prostitutes that keep knocking on the door looking for customers. They make it seem like they made a mistake by knocking on the wrong door, but 3x in 1 night by different girls is just too much to be a coincidence.

Aside from that, rooms are pretty good.

Hello johan k,
I would like to begin with an apology. Your pleasant enjoyment of the property was interrupted by unsolicited visits in the middle of the night and it definitely should be caught by our Security Team. We would have loved to have found an alternative room for you had we known your privacy was being affected at the time. I have been in touch with you on a separate email and your feedback would surely help us improve our service. I can assure you that the inconvenience mentioned is being dealt with & I sincerely hope that we get the chance to meet your expectations on a future occasion.

Sincerely yours,