“It is a very good hotel”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #9 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Your Galaxy hotel environment is very comfortable and complete facilities, convenient transportation network, staff attitude is very sincere, very friendly to visitors and enthusiasm, room facilities are also very well equipped. Feeling very comfortable and your hotel entertainment is also offered to guestsimprove overall on your hotel are excellent and I hope that in the near future again to your hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Hojanetbb,
I was absolutely thrilled to read your feedback following your stay with us and also thank you for taking the time to do this. I sure was glad to know that you have enjoyed the overall ambiance of the hotel and our friendly services. Please come back again so that we can look after you once again.

Warm regards,
Guest Care Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,720)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

All are fine except the booking for the 60 minute free massage as offerred by the Casino.
I booked on Apr 9 thru telephone to the massage parlor and the phone was directed back to the casino staff who confirmed my booking for one hour free massage at 1 o'clock Apr 10. However when I went there on time there was no vacancy until 6 PM. As I already arranged to leave at 5PM so I was not able enjoy the free offer.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear valued guest,
I was delighted that you enjoyed the free room night we provided you with but was not happy to read that you did not get to enjoy the service at the Foot Hub. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the Casino Team so that they can make better arrangement. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to be welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

One of the best ‘super-hotels’ to stay at in Macau. We have stayed here numerous times now as it is one of the few hotel / casino hybrids of its type in Macau that actually caters for families as well as those who want to empty their pockets in the casino. The outdoor / beach / pool complex is great for kids and a nice place to chill out with a cocktail. Likewise, the games room with free play arcade and softplay area entertained us for hours although on our last visit they were being ‘refurbished’ so you may want to check they are still a fixture before you book. The outdoor restaurant – Oasis has never disappointed both in service and food quality although after 4-5 visits so far we are yet to see any other diners in there! The whisky lounge was a personal favorite as I managed to get half an hour of peace and quiet whilst enjoying a cigar and a sample menu of whiskies which I was kindly talked through by an onsite expert. In terms of the casino, its pretty much what you would expect although definitely geared more towards the ‘professional’ gambler based on the minimum stake levels of the tables – if you are after a casual flutter then I would suggest gambling elsewhere as your kitty will last longer. The shopping area is predictably vast but does contain a few souvenir type shops rather than just super-luxury brands with the prices to match. I would avoid the food hall which has a ridiculous system of ‘fill a card with money, use it to pay somewhere else, collect your food from yet another place and your drinks somewhere else too’ not only confusing but time-consuming. The rooms are spacious and well kitted out – I’d recommend a pool view….

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eddseven
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Eddseven,
Thank you for your continuous support to Galaxy Hotel and we appreciate you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests. I was absolutely delighted to read that you have always enjoyed this hotel with a great choice of the many facilities and eateries. We are sorry the Kids Zone was closed during your stay and please be assured that we are only trying to offer an even better place for our guest with kids. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, my great team here who along with myself hope to be able to welcome you back and once again to meet your expectations.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed two nights at the hotel. Was very impressed by the level of courtesy displayed by staff of the hotel - every staff, no matter what position, will greet us when they see us in hotel corridors and hotel premise.

Free mini bar is stocked well with snacks, we had some very nice potato chips which we later sought from a convenience store to buy back home :) The swimming pool looks awesome too, too bad we didn't get to play in it since the weather wasn't too good.

Beds are really comfy. However, the design of the shower does not seem to be able to keep water in the shower. We had water puddles outside of the shower everytime we showered. The door could be designed to close completely instead of having a 1cm gap between door and wall.

Shops and eateries can be located within hotel vicinity. The choices are good, however the variety seem to lack with comparison to Venetian Macau. Hopefully more outlets such as Lord stow's egg tarts can be added into the shops in future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank occo1136

Dear occo 1136,
I was delighted to read that first and foremost you mentioned how friendly and helpful our staffs were during your time with us - they will be more than happy to read this as well! I wish to also thank you for your constructive feedback regarding design of the shower room door as well as the choice of eateries in the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the teams so they may utilize it to improve their areas. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcome you once again in the near future.

My best regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This Is My Second times to choose this hotel. It's Very Nice and Great Room.
I Hope can get more discount or gift when i'll stay for here again.
Fun and enjoyable, very relaxed holiday.
“A wonderful experience”

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ki C,
I was absolutely delighted that we have, once again, met your expectations on this stay and you have an enjoyable holidays with us. please do come back again soon for more great experience.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed for one night. Check in was smooth and efficient and the staff made an effort to communicate in English. Was told that my room would only be ready at 5pm. But after making some noise about it, they 'upgraded' my suite booking from the 8th floor to the 33rd! Go figure! Got into the room and it was exactly as promised in the website. Great mini bar. Things became interesting when I went to check on a piece of lost property. The front desk staff were really unhelpful! They told me "go look for a member of the security staff" without even directing me where to go! Fortunately, it being a casino, there were many around and I managed to ask one of them who was standing outside the lift. I think he was Nepalese but he was sooooooooo helpful! Eventually he managed to direct me to the concierge Eddy who helped me in my case. Strange that the front office staff didn't think of that at the start. One of them even asked me if I was a guest! I mean... Should that really matter? Otherwise an excellent place to stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Ironyogi,

I wish to thank you for your feedback as it offered valuable insight to the service of our hotel.We usually pride ourselves in showing attention to detail and looking after the needs of all our guests. I was disappointed to read your comments, particularly in relation to the staff, and do apologize for the service level you have received. In order to understand exactly where we fell short with regards to service, I would very much appreciate if you could find the time to write and provide some more details so that I may look at how to improve the team. I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Amazing hotel and nice service.Easy transportation to visit Macau anywhere by hotel shuttle bus. Dining in hotel or find restaruants nearby just 10 minutes walking. Time is too short for us as we only stay for one night. Plan to take my family again. Will experience the staying of the other two: Hotel Orkura and Banyan Tree which are also highly recommend by friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Zavanlia W,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that we met your expectations. Please do come back again soon for more than one night if you can!!

Best regards,