“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Singapore
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Well, I have to say, I am very impressed with the hotel. There, you really feel like royalty. The decoration is awesome. It even has its own cinema so basically you can just spend your whole holiday at the hotel and not go anywhere else.
The only thing was that when I was there, the pool was under renovation. Was kinda looking forward to using the pool so was a little disappointed since I was not informed beforehand that the pool was closed.
The room was really nice. I booked the suite and it was really great. It has everything and very spacious, compared to Hong Kong. For the same price paid, the room in Galaxy is really worth it. One thing that can be improved is that the pillows are too soft. Even when i stacked 2 pillows on top of each other, the whole pillow sinks down once I lie my head on it. Had quite a difficult time trying to find a good position to rest my head. Other than that, everything was nice. Though I had quite some trouble with the tv. The one at the living room had to be repaired as it suddenly just had no picture. The one in the room blacked out once too.
Appreciates the complimentary mini-bar. It is very well-stocked.
Services of the staff were good. Everyone was very welcoming. However, the English speaking ability of the Concierge can be improved because they couldn't really understand what I am asking in English and I had to switch to Chinese instead. English speaking ability of the staff at the tour agency was great though. Really appreciates it.
One other hiccup was that when my family and I wanted to collect our luggage at the Crystal Lobby, we could not really find which desk to approach. The Desk nearest the Casino directed us to the Cloak collection instead. Then there, we were then directed to the correct desk. There was no sign that indicates luggage collection was there, so maybe this can be improved.
Galaxy hotel is very convenient because there are shuttle bus to many places.
Breakfast at Festiva was wonderful. They have a wide selection of food. It would be good if they allow the patrons to get hot and cold water themselves instead of waiting for a wait staff to serve. Because many of them seems quite busy. I think its much more efficient if we could get all drinks ourselves.
Despite the problems that I listed here, it is a really great hotel with many great food in the place itself. I would stay at the hotel again the next time I visit Macau as it really gives me a very warm and welcome feeling. The ceilings are high and thus, compared to Venetian which is quite low, it actually makes one feels happier to be there. One of the best hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Serene L
Dear Serene L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your latest experience at Galaxy Macau. I am delighted you found the hotel great value in addition to liking the design concept of having everything built under the same roof. I do apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused due to communication problems, I will make sure to address this with our Bell and Concierge Team. I wish to see you soon at Galaxy Macau where you are Royalty!

Best wishes,
Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is an excellent choice for traveller with family to relax, play and shop around. It got frontage and hotel provide buses to many area of interest. Food is excellent too with various choices of nationality. Prices are reasonable for the size of room compare with other surrounding hotel which we have stay before. A dream hotel to stay!!!

Room Tip: High floor with good view and no to smoking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lee C
Dear Lee C,
Thank you for an outstanding review following your stay at Galaxy Macau. I am delighted that you consider Galaxy Macau your dream hotel and you have enjoyed the entire experience. Truly touched by reading your feedback and we all look forward to welcome you back soon!

With best regards,
Singapore

had an enjoyable stay in Galaxy hotel in mid-December 2012

room is spacious, bright and inviting. bed is big, comfy and seemed like it's bigger than king-sized. the toilet is big and clean too, complete with separate bathtub. first round of items in the mini bar is free.

there is much to do and see within hotel premises. there's the crystal lobby, wishing crystals shows, movie theater and casino -- all under one roof. there're some high end shops and some mid-tier popular shops where you can grab Macau snacks or buy facial products at Sasa.

there's plenty of food choices as well - from MacDonalds to fine dining. tried the food court too. initially was quite skeptical on the food standard but was utterly impressed. the food is delicious and comes in big portions too. Taipa Village is just a few minutes away by foot, where much more food choices await.

visitors to Macau will be well-accustomed to how many casinos/hotels provide shuttle buses to ferry visitors from casinos to casinos (and surrounding shopping areas too). but when i saw Galaxy's bus "pick-up points", i was impressed. there's essentially a bus terminal within the hotel premise. each route is clearly marked and queues were neat and organized. there's always a Galaxy staff there to regulate, so no fears of jumping queues or alike nuisances.

when night falls, the hotel transformed into a vibrant "city". the premise is so huge and beautifully designed that it looks like a rich Arabian city from afar. it's ironic that other nearby hotels (such as Venetian) get to have such wonderful view of Galaxy from their hotel rooms when guests of Galaxy itself can't have.

service staff was polite & efficient. no complains during check-in and check-out.

give the thumbs up for Galaxy. will definitely be the first choice if i were to visit Macau again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ahLi,
I am delighted to know that had an enjoyable stay at Galaxy Macau. I will gladly share your comments with the teams, especially F&B and Shuttle Services which I am sure it will excite them. Thank you for a wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Galaxy Macau where you are treated like Royalty.

Sincerely yours,
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Galaxy Macau. The room was very comfortable and a great baby cot with changing mat was provided for our 1 yr old son. I like the fact all of the shops/restaurants are close by, unlike the Venetian, and there is lots of choice. The breakfast at Festiva is also excellent. There is a very good shuttle bus service to both ferry terminals and other hotels. It was be great if a shuttle bus service could also be provided to the old town in Macau (St. Paul's ruins) and to Coloane.

The food court could be improved with more variety, such as Mexican, rather than just Asian cuisines.

At Christmastime, there are lots of lovely decorations and a winter wonderland with different performances happening throughout the day for kids to enjoy. It's a great time to visit.

The swimming pool is amazing, and very warm, even in winter. Our son loved it.

We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Macau.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear krl198,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am please that you found the room was comfortable and our shops were conveniently located. I will also be passing on your comments to Shuttle Team and F&B so they may utilize it to improve their areas. We look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, comfortable bed, strong shower and good services! Good amenities for kids. Good varieties of restaurants in the complex. I would give a "5" if they can allocate nearby rooms for the whole family and if not the sliding door of the shower wet the floor.

• Stayed January 2013
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Traveller0619,
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Galaxy Macau. I am delighted that you found the room comfortable and the amenities are suitable for the family, nonetheless, I do apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused, I will make sure to address this with our team. I wish to see you soon at Galaxy Macau.

Best regards,
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Really feel like royalty there, got complimentary yummy chocolate cake for our honeymoon. Got everything you need in this hotel even free shuttle to go around town, will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Macau :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rainying129
Dear Rainying129,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very pleased that you decided to make Galaxy Macau part of your special occasion and of course knowing that you have enjoyed a memorable experience. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Galaxy Macau where you are treated like Royalty.

Sincerely yours,
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

we stayed here after venetian, thus it was little laid back affair... also the casino blasted my pockets....
the rooms are good, spacious and very fresh....
the swimming pool is nice and the hot water Jacuzzi was also gr8!! but the big wave pool was under renovation thus felt a little cheated, but it was winters so its ok....
also the food options at the hotel very typical chinese...
the diamond fountain show in the lobby is must watch.... over all its a nice place stay and chill....

Room Tip: near the lift
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ateetsb
Dear Ateetsb,
Thank you for a great review following your stay at Galaxy Macau. I am delighted that you found the room nice and you enjoyed a relaxing moment at the Resort Deck. I will pass on your comment to F&B who truly appreciate any feedback from our guest. We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Warm regards,