“A rude mannered security guard that tarnished the image of this beautiful hotel”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed December 10, 2012

It was our 2nd time to stay at Galaxy Macau. This is a very beautiful hotel and most importantly, the free transportation provided to almost all places of attractions. The hotel employees were very polite and attentive except for one of their security guard who scolded my 75 year old mother-in-law when she unintentionally leaned against a pillar at the hotel lobby hall after a long day out for sightseeing with us. He used harsh words to tell her off that that was an expensive hotel and it was improper of her to lean anywhere within the premises. I was there and very unhappily told him to mind his manners, I asked for his name and he ignored me and walked away. Before that, the hotel has a good image in my heart but was somehow tarnished by that rude mannered security guard.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Shereen L,
Thank you for staying with us. I sincerely apologize for your negative experience at our hotel. I can assure you your review will not pass by without notice. I will be passing on your notes to the Security Team so they may utilize it to improve their service.
Please do contact me directly should you wish to further discuss in details, and I surely hope we will be welcoming you back to Galaxy Macau.

Email: nathan.yu@galaxyentertainment.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,669)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Before booking this hotel, i was choosing between the Venetian and this one. Luckily, I booked the Galaxy as the Venetian is getting quite tired and the crowds there are insane!

Excellent rooms and the hotel grounds are superb. At night the whole place looks like a bastion of opulence. Staff are always helpful, checking in was a breeze. Concierge and the travel service was very excellent also. Filipino staff are the best and most helpful.

Transportation to the other hotels and other destination is quite nice as there are free shuttles provided by Galaxy.

Wifi and internet are available and is quite fast.

The shops and food choices are excellent in this hotel. There was a cinema I think but was not able to go to that floor. Maybe I could check it out next time I stay here.

The complimentary mini-bar in the room was appreciated. The bed, sheets, pillows are 5 star quality. Had a very good night's sleep here.

Pool, Spa, and all other facilities are top-notch. I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room a little bit near the elevators. per floor (i could be wrong) are around 100 rooms so...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear KenPorio
Thank you for choosing to stay in Galaxy Macau. I am delighted to know that your recent experience has been a success and we have lived up to your expectation. I take pleasure to share your comments with the teams which I am sure it will excite them. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Galaxy Macau where you are treated like Royalty.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I would like to say a very big thank you to Ms Ket from front office who has free upgraded our room on 05/12/12/ and 06/12/12. I had made special request for connecting and non smoking for my booking as I have a 6 years old son. Upon check in, connecting room was not available and it is already 4.30pm. We have not had our lunch as we took ferry from hong kong on that day. I was very upset and requested to see the manager. Ms Ket has offered meHK 200 dining voucher. I was given room 06171 and was told it was connecting room. When I went into the room, I found out that my room as not connecting and renovation work are ongoing. I was very angry. But we decided to go for our late lunch first. After my late lunch, I went back to the check in counter to look for Ms Ket. She immediately offered me free upgrade and late check out. My whole family were very happy with the rooms. It had indeed made our holiday special.

The rooms, living room and bathroom are very spacious. The bed are very comfortable and rooms are cleaned every day.

Once again, I would like to thank Ms Ket for her professional management and make our holiday so special. This is first class hotel service and Ms Ket has made Galaxy hotel so special. I will choose Galaxy hotel for my next trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Ngew,
Thank you for your e-mail as well as this lovely review. I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay in the upgraded suite; nonetheless, I do apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused. I have shared your comments with Ket’s manager who is indeed very proud of the dedication of the team member who strive to deliver the Asian Heart Experience…it is service from the heart. We all look forward to your return.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I got a room which is very good,it's a wonderful hotel,the facilities are excellent, especially this hotel provides with fre of charge ground transportation service,that I can going to anywhere of Macao. and i will come again for vacation with my family next time

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Ken L,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the convenience of our Shuttle Bus Services. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward for your return.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

It is my 2nd time to stay at Galaxy Hotel, it is a very nice hotel, the facilities are excellent, especially this hotel provides with fre of charge ground transportation service, it is very good for hotel guests to go to ourside for shoping and sightseeing and going to anywhere of Macao. I like the hiotel shoping street, where have many nice shops and returants, hotel guest can have many choices. Anyway it's a wonderful hotel, I will come again for vacation with my family next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chengsx
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Chengsx,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the repeat business & I am delighted that we were able to amaze a return guest. . I will take pleasure sharing your notes with our Shuttle Services Team who truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests. We all look forward to your return.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I got a room which the shower area glass door can't close tight. After shower, the whole toilet floor will get wet and slippery.
The sky wave pool did not have wave. I check in on 25th November. They close the wave pool on 26th. November till January for yearly maintenance. Lucky the front desk staff told me that the pool will close on the next day. I am dissapointed that my childrens only have one day to enjoy it. The heating pool was not enough heat but the jacuzzi pool was hot and good. The butterfly garden was nice. I am very satisfied about the Galaxy shuttle bus. They do provide route to& from border till 12midnight and to San Ma Lou(Tourist famous place) but one weak point is last bus pick up from San Ma Lou is 9.30pm

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Aida Yeo,
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Galaxy Macau. We value your feedback as it helps us in enhancing and developing the service we provide to our guests. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy the Wave Pool for both days due to the maintenance project but assure you we want to continue to offer our best to guests. I will also be sure to address your concern regarding shuttle transportation and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed in Galaxy Hotel for our Anniversary . We like the mini-bar complementary service - but I suggest to have two cups of noodle instead of one only. I would like to add credits to Free transportation service to different places and other Casino . Overall service is good . We will choose the other two hotels - Okura and Banyan Tree next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Beverly C,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this lovely review. I am very pleased that you decided to make Galaxy Macau a part of your special celebration and of course that you have enjoyed it. I have taken note of your suggestion and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,