“Drop by in the evening”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went here around 4pm. The facade is truly majestic and so is the inside.
We catched upon the 'show' inside wherein a big diamond appear in the middle of the lobby together with music and lights. It's like a 10 minute show where you can just sit down and enjoy the view.

The only bad experience i have is when i tried to go to the comfort room. The bathrooms are uncleaned and there's the trash is just overflowing.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review following your recent visit at Galaxy Macau. I am glad that you have enjoyed your experience with the hotel. I will be sure to share your notes with our team so they can create a better experience for our guests. We all look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the nearest future.

Best regards,
Guest Care Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,710)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel compound is impressive, both inside and outside. There a lot of shops and restaurants, beside the casino and the pools. Once you are in, you will feel welcome by their staffs. They will not let you wait in the check in line for long. The room is spaceous and modern, quiet and clean. The buffet restaurant Festiva has a very good lunch buffet only $188. The shuttle service is good but when coming back you will have to wait a bit longer from town because of too many people.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear WWWilliam,
Thank you for the review following your stay at Galaxy Macau. I am delighted that you consider Galaxy Macau impressive and you enjoyed the buffet at Festiva Restaurant. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward for your return.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed November 10, 2012

A hotel with a real 'WOW' factor. Impressive reception lobby (lobbies!), gorgeous bedrooms, massive pools, it's own shopping centre, and of course it's sprawling casino...this hotel deserves a big overwhelming 'WOW' for all it's efforts. As other reviews have described it - it's spaces are indeed enormous, opulent, awesome, breathtaking... absolutely superb!

Pros:
- this hotel is a real sight to behold, well worth experiencing.
- complimentary shuttle bus service from ferry/bus terminal to Galaxy, and from Galaxy to many other hotels & places of interest. Moving around is easy.
- lovely Crystal light show in the main lobby, great for the kids
- lots of restaurants around and even a food court
- lots of ATMs for easy cash withdrawals
- massive pools & a 'beach', will be a big hit with kids
- bedroom is gorgeous - plush carpets, luxury trimmings ('royal' style) and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (smoothest bedsheets too!)
- luxury bathroom is another big 'wow'
- free minibar (including tsingtao beer)
- free wifi

Cons (hardly any!):
- bathroom door can't be locked
- no robe hook outside shower cubicle so no place to hang bath towel
- no hairdryer? Couldn't find one!

Unfortunately, I only had 1 night to experience the grandeur of this hotel as I was on a business trip. But I would like to bring my kids here one day soon.

Room Tip: Request pool view rooms to see the massive pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for sharing with us your latest experience at Galaxy Macau. I am delighted to know that your recent experience has been a success and even more pleased that you have enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we all look forward to welcoming you and your kids to Galaxy Macau.

Yours truly,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had a wonderful stay even though it was just for a night. The cleanliness and the service - Very good. Easy time to check-out. No gift like cake for a guest like me who happened to celebrate my birthday there, sadness. What I dont like is the lady dispatcher for shuttle service in San Man Lo station who was disrectpectful to me and to my friend considering that we were guests to the hotel where she works.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Robes04,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay at Galaxy Macau and you enjoy the room with great services. I am however sorry that we failed to do anything on your birthday and you were treated badly by the shuttle bus lady dispatcher. Please be assured that this is by no means normal practice and we normally pride ourselevs with a good quality product as well as a warm, friendly and effecient guest service from the heart. I will be sure to address the issues with the related teams so they can make improvement. Please accept our apologies and do reach out to me should you wish to discuss this further. We hope to welcome you back to Galaxy Macau so we can demonstrate to you our commitment to service.

Yours sincerely,
Email: nathan.yu@galaxyentertainment.com

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at the Galaxy for 5 nights in Oct/Nov for the 2nd time.

Check in was smooth, and the suite was lovely. High floor with a view.

Great bed, bathroom, living area etc. As good as it gets imo.

On the first night, the air con in the bedroom was freezing. It was so cold, I could not sleep good. Next day told reception and after two attempts it was fixed. The staff were concerned about it and kindly offered me an upgrade on my next stay. So in the end I was happy. Next stay will be new year.

The concierge service were great, I missed my flight due to a tournament and the Galaxy staff re-booked me a new one and faxed the ticket to my hotel ! I had to move hotel as Galaxy was full that night and it was late.

Overall , very good. I look forward to my next stay there.

Room Tip: High floors have good views. Suites are stunning.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear benbee1,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your latest experience in our suite and shall pass on your sweet mention of the Concierge Team to Julian. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back during the New Year.

Sincerely yours,

Dear all,
Thanks for your excellent Service to us,
We enjoyed a great holiday from Galaxy,everybody also well provided their nice smile and helpful FROM HEART.
You all are best of the best,"Professional".

We MUST be back.

Ms.Chan.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Ms. Chan,
Thank you for considering Galaxy Macau your best experience. We are very proud of the dedication of our team members who deliver the Asian Heart experience and delighted that it left a great impression on you. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We feel warm and very happy for this trip for Macau, one of the reason is the service of Galaxy let us feel so good, each staff is very kind. And the hotel room is very clean and comfortable. We will choose Galaxy when we come to Macau next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Yu,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed our service and your experience with us. It is truly uplifting to read such sweet words. We all look forward for your return.

Warmest regards,