“Nice Hotel - Not Vegas”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Macau is not Vegas how ever hard they try and promote that it is, you will be disappointed if that's why you go. The casino is very bright and the atmosphere isn't very exciting now this might have something to do with the fact that they don't serve alcohol at the tables and there is only one small bar area in the whole casino, if fact it was difficult to get any kind of drink once you start gambling. The restaurants with in the casino were excellent, I would highly recommend the Italian they have an excellent Sommelier and the Pasta was some of the best we have had even in Italy, they also make the tiramisu at the able which is gorgeous. Pool are was very nice great sun loungers etc but you lose the sun all round the pool by 2.30-3.00 bad design, again there were no Pool waiters to order food and drink from, this was very annoying and the swim up bar was closed for the 3 days we were there. Exceptional staff and very nice large rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up and away from the lifts, pool facing
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear sarahndel,
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Galaxy Macau. We value your feedback as it helps us in enhancing the service we provide to our guests. I am so sorry you were not properly assisted with your drink orders, I will be sure to address your concerns with the related teams. I would also be glad to share your sweet mention of the restaurants and the Sommelier with F&B team as it would surely make their day. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

check in was a breeze. the pool deck was fabulous. Heated pool, 4 jacuzzis, and the unique wave pool. NOt really swimable though since the waves came in too fast. Kids will enjoy the pool area. A lot of people though during the day. If you want it quiet, go at night and the pool is just fabulous with all the lights on.

Food is very convenient and varied, from budget to expensive (McDonalds, Spaghetti House, a food plaza, etc), and they're all right at the ground floor.

The free "mini-bar" consists of 4 soda cans and instant noodles. Well, why complain when it's free anyway, right? In the hallway, they have an ice machine and a vendo if you want more drinks.

Room was large and the bathroom was beautiful with its glass walls. However, the interior is really gaudy. Yellow carpet, gold wallpaper and lacquer furniture? the hotel's slogan is "we treat you like royalty". Well yes if you want to feel like Chinese royalty. But for someone like me who loves modern architecture, you will never go back to this hotel room. I also just kinda felt the carpet wasn't that clean. The room smells like whatever they put in yang chow rice. Even after housekeeping put an air purifier in the room, it still went back to smelling "chinese" after they removed the purifier.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ambie7,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and share with us your experience. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding room smell concern with the relevant departments so that they may utilize it to improve their areas. I do hope you would return in Galaxy Macau so we can create a better experience.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was very nice hotel that I have stay at Macau, helpful staff, nice interior design, nice swimming pool . And have many entertainment inside. The room was big and clean. If you are looking for relax place galaxy must be your first choice. And they are so sweet know me and my hubby is going to honeymoon and gift us a tasty cake. Thanks you
We will come back again ~

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear yyinl,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this lovely review. I am very pleased that you decided to make Galaxy Macau a part of your special occasion and of course that you have enjoyed it. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Check in was quick enough, staff were very detailed when it came to explaining things but they wouldn't accept a debit master card for a security deposit (I've had this issue once in my life - at a 4 star boutique hotel on a desolate island in Thailand). Why they cannot just put it through as a charge and then physically refund it after room inspection if they don't have the facilities.. I don't know.

Staff were very insistent on taking my bags even when I refused. I was exhausted, hot and sticky after my flight. My pet hate is waiting for bags to arrive - I wanted my laptop for immediate use and I wanted to brush my teeth. But they kept harassing me until I handed them over.

Rooms were nice, not great. Design aspects seem to be confused, modern dark tones and light woods then with 90s style floral printed carpets? Bathroom was lovely, would be nice in bathroom doors locked though. Complimentary mini bar was appreciated.

My issue with the hotel is that there is plenty of staff (too many) when they don't need help. Every time you come out of the lift areas they smile and point left - what is I wanted to go right? .. There's plenty right. Morning of check out I had several issues, was given the run around by staff, given false information and then given the cold shoulder by a lazy woman.

Wouldn't return.. Outdoor pool area was great, everything else was pretty mediocre.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear ladyfitch,
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Galaxy Macau. We value your feedback as it helps us in enhancing and developing the service we provide to our guests. I am sorry you were not properly assisted with luggage at the right time but assure you it is our practice to try to be proactive in assisting to our guest needs. I will also be sure to address your concern regarding debit master card charges with our team and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The room is the best, very big, new and clean. The pool is also great and the casino huge. There is a big food court, but nothing special although looks very nice. The location is not on the main attraction area, but you can take a taxi that will take you there very fast and cheap. The hotel also have several shuttles to different places. The cost/benefit definitely worth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear MarcosESJ,
I am delighted you found the hotel great value in addition to finding the room big and clean. Thank you very much for your lovely review. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Galaxy Macau.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel was impressive from the time we were dropped off. The mostly Filipino staff were very helpful and friendly. The lobby was huge and had an awesome fountain and light show. It smelled very good at the lobby but a bit overpowering since you can almost taste the air freshener which made me a bit dizzy. They have a number of good restaurants and even a fast-food area so food choice is never a problem. Getting anywhere is easy with the use of their free shuttle. The room is modern, beautiful, clean and comfortable. Toiletries are complete but lacked in quality. It was disturbing that a 5-star hotel would have soap that smelled old and rancid. Other than that, there is nothing much to complain about. The free mini-bar is a plus. Shops here are few so if you have shopping plans, head to Venetian or Senado. If you are bringing kids, this is the perfect place to be because of their huge wave pool.

Room Tip: Request for a room near the elevator to make going in and out the hotel faster and easier.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Badidi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your latest experience at Galaxy Macau. We are very proud of the dedication of our team members who deliver the Asian Heart experience and delighted that it left a great impression on you. We value our guests’ comments highly and will certainly take note of the points that you have mentioned as we constantly strive to improve our guests’ experience. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

It's my great honor to hear from your sincerely greetings, I would like to say that GALAXY Macao will be my first choice the next time I visit Macao. Not only the room decorations,but also food and beverage are great, especially the lighting and the space arrangement of the whole building was very impressive to me. Thanks your team for bringing me the sweetest memories since last year. Generally speaking, I will visit GALAXY twice a season, I will let you know if I got any new feelings or suggestions!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Elton L,
Thank you for your continuous support to Galaxy Macau and I am delighted that we were able to amaze a return guest. It was always a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Galaxy Macau where you are treated like Royalty.

Yours truly,