“GALAXY MACAU”

Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Macau
kanpur
“GALAXY MACAU”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

IN NOVEMBER 11 i visited in macau.There i stayed in Galaxy hotel.It was at the centre place of macau.It has fabulous lobby before entering the reception.At front of hotel a large area for walking and waiting for taxi.From main entry point to main gate every spot eluminating.Different size television screen on many spot of walls of hotel and one very big screen mounted on two piller base gives extraordinary look to hotel.A large shopping area inside the hotel consisting every brand.A large stage is there for free to see the dance performance of international standard.Extraordinary lifts.Fabulous rooms and good room service.Decent views from window all arround.Big casino inside the hotel along with attached dance performane stage.
But takes too much time to check in as much crowded every moment .

Room Tip: Keep patience while checking in as it takes too much time to check in may be more than an hour
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear casudhirg,
Thank you very much for your kind comments following your stay at Galaxy Macau. I am pleased that you found the room nice with good services offered by our dedicated team members. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely yours,
Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Having stayed in Macau previously in many of their hotels and particularly at the Venetian and knowing this was an extremely high class hotel, I was amazed by the Galaxy and felt this was BETTER!
The service of staff was better, the facilities (especially the pool areas) and the room was modern and the view fantastic!
The staff could not have been more helpful and when we rang for an iron to be brought to our room, this was brought immediately. The turn down service is done everynight without question and this was equally as good as the daily maid service, fresh towels, water, toiletries!
The consierge was excellent and really helpful and went out of their way to accomodate us.
Definately choose to stay here.

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that your experiences and opinion about Galaxy Macau is outstanding. I am also pleased that you have enjoyed our services and shall pass on your sweet mention of the Concierge to the team. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had a wonderful 2 night getaway. Service is great. No problems at check in or check out, other then simple waiting in line. Room was beautiful. Not much of a gambler so can not comment on the casino. Ate at the Portuguese restaurant one and night and the Italian the next. Both had great food and very attentive service. Transport between the Galaxy, the other casinos and the ferry pier is very simple and free. Went to the Venetian one day....horrible! Super crowded and constant noise. The wave pool at the Galaxy is great for kids and the heated pool is perfect this time of the year. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back again. Only negative is the Asian food court. The policy of buying a cash card to pay is a bit annoying and more hassle then it is worth.

ADpsufan,
Thank you for your comments regarding your food experience at Gosto and Terrazza. rest assured I shall pass on your notes to the F&B team which aim to please. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I surely look forward to welcome you back.

Regards,
Tung Chung, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was first time to stay in Galaxy Macau. It was really great as I expected, cause some of my friends recommended me to stay here, especially because of the outdoor swimming pool, whiche I couldn't use at all due to the bad weather. So sad!!!!! So, If I should get the chance to stay in Galaxy Macau, It will make me incredibly happy and I will not miss anything there.
All the staff were always really helpful and kind to us, so whenever i had some difficulties like finding some places or shuttles , I could solve it quickly thanks to Galaxy Macau staff.
The rooms ( 1 King Bed/ 1 Twin ) we stayed were really fantastic! Clean and spacious and has got wide view of city! enough sofas to take a rest!!! Amenities were good quality and enough!!

Therefore from my experience, I will certainly recommend this hotel to my friends in my future!

Ah, the only one demerit I felt was the strong scent throughout the whole hotel.
For the first time, the scent made me feel good, but too storong scent from all areas gave me headache a little bit. So, I would like to ask you to make the scent weaker than now if you can^^!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jessica K,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. It is with great pleasure I read your review knowing that we have lived up to your expectations and even more delighted to know that you have enjoyed your experience and recommend it. I will be sure to pass your note to our team regarding the strong scent at the lobby. We look forward for the opportunity to welcoming you to the hotel in the nearest future.

Best regards,
Reviewed October 29, 2012

One suggestion is that as I was in a twin beds room, I would like a larger bed, maybe half feet width is enough.
Secondly, hope the check out time could be changed to noon time will be much better.
Furthermore, hope the complimentary drinks and food will last forever.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank JenFafa
Dear JenFafa,
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at Galaxy Macau. Rest assured I shall pass on your notes to the teams so they may utilize it to improve the services. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I surely look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 29, 2012

[iminent=0IUZRZYVffOB] We started our visit on 23 October. Our family promptly entered the pool area to enjoy the valuable sunlight. The water was warm and clean. The two girls played a lot of activities there. There were many facilities set for the children where and they laughed, ran everywhere, full of joy and excitement.
After staying in the pool area for almost three hours we returned to our galaxy suite at the twentyth floor. The room was clean and spacious. The sitting roomwas well designed so that we could comfortably sit there to enjoy the TV. The bathroom was well lighted and fully equipped with all sorts of necessities. The master bed room was so spacious that we could roll over and over freely.
The food at different restaurants were really enjoying and we concluded to plan a future visit soon.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows facing the sea are quiet, peaceful and warm.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Stanley L,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am very pleased to know that you and your family have enjoyed the Wave Pool and your experience with us. It is truly uplifting to read such sweet words. Hope to be welcoming you to the hotel soon.

Best regards,
bham
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Booked online, you get free mini bar first night!. Beautiful hotel in Vegas type mall and casino atmosphere. Spotless and high spec rooms. Pool and facilities around it lovely. Stayed extra night but confusion over checking out and backin meant they wanted to charge extra £20 at desk and no free mini bar. Argued over hotel policy and eventually got reduction and drinks! On site restaurants offer excellent quality fast meals at very good prices you can spend as much or little as you want as the choice is there to cater for all pockets. Free shuttle too and from station or ferry.

1 Thank anthony b
Dear anthony b,
I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay, nonetheless, I do apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused, I will make sure to address this with our Front Office Team. I wish to see you soon at Galaxy Macau.

Warm regards,