“Simply stunning”

Ranked #4 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Perth, Australia
“Simply stunning”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful and perfect. The service and the room were amazing. The hotel is well located and feels like a fantasy land. It's easy to spend hours getting lost just wandering through the hotel and surrounds.

Absolutely worth the expense.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights. We got a room on one of the upper levels, but the view was not great as all we could see was construction in the surrounding area (for those not familiar with Macau, the area is fast developing and undergoing considerable construction. Once it is over, the view should be great). The room itself was luxurious as can be expected in any Banyan Tree property. The best features are the long indoor pool and wooden bath tub. It was also set up very attentively. However, and this is a matter of personal taste, I did not like its interior decor and particularly the colour scheme (lots of black...), which I found lacked warmth. One other (negative) note was that the pool's maintenance (?) was scheduled somewhere around 10 or 11 am everyday and on most days we were still sleeping at that time only to be abruptly awakened by the harsh noise of water flowing hard and wondering what was happening (especially the first time!) - not a very fun way to wake up..! As for service, it was excellent with extremely courteous staff. The food was equally top-notch. And perhaps what I liked best was the feel in the hotel. As soon as you step inside its corridor and lobby, you feel a sense of peace and tranquility. It has an ambiance that is completely different from the rest of Macau and we found it to be extremely refreshing.

In all, I would go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberley_Mcmillan
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I went to Macau on Monday, February 10 2014 and stay for one night at Banyan tree Hotel Macau with my husband. First time to stay there, really fancy.. I'm really amaze with the decoration from lobby hotel. The receptionist really kind and helpfully. After check in I went to my room and once again amaze with the room decoration. Fancy room....... perfect room....... small pool inside room... Bathroom has two showers. I really enjoyed my stay there. I do not think there is any shortage. The receptionist give me what I want, No smoking room. Everyday there is a different aroma therapy in our room.
Shuttle bus is also available to all other places.
Next stay in Macau, I'll be at Banyan Tree. Thank you!

Room Tip: Grand Cotai Suite with pool inside
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Second stay at Banyan Tree Macau for 8 nights. My first stay there was 2 months ago, but the hotel staff makes you immediately feel like you didn't leave. Nothing to say about the rooms except perfect.
Furthermore, before leaving I was given by hotel staff one set of their spa kimonos for me and my wife, an extremely nice touch.
Next stay in Macau will be at Banyan Tree of course!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

london
Reviewed February 4, 2014

STayed for 2 nights and even though it is one of the best hotels we ever stayed in, the sleep quality was bad:
- First room was close to the street, low floor and was very noise in the mornign, we were up at 7am. Reception kindly moved to us to another room the next day
- Second room was very quiet, but after retiring to bed, tired from lack fo sleep we realised what some reviews mention i.e. water from plunge pool was making an annoying noise. Had to get dressed to let a member of staff come in and fix it, who showed up promptly but with a trainee guy with him, you don't really need 2 people showing up in your room when your partner is in bed already.

Other than that, the room, the smell, the ambience, the staff, the food, the casino, the gym, the casino, the breakfast (oh the breakfast!), were some of the best we ever encountered. THanks Banyan Tree, just hope you fix the room noise issues. SOmehow

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank thisisme?ok
Joseph B, Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear thisisme?ok,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

First of all, please accept my apologies for those disturbances that caused your inconvenience. We have experienced some challenges with the Relaxation pool water overflow into the surge tank, where we have installed a slider to prevent the noise of dripping water in some test rooms. This has proven successful and we are in the process of installing the slider into all 246 suites, eradicating the water dripping noise. I shall also be reviewing the procedure of entering rooms during the evening, as this must be discreet, again my apologies.

Aside from the mentioned, I’m happy that overall you enjoyed the hotel, restaurants and facilities. I would have preferred an all round trouble free stay, however, we will work to rectify those shortfalls.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Banyan Tree Macau in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Joseph

Joseph Beck
Hotel Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is the only hotel that I really stayed there for the whole time without leave the room. Stayed for 1 night with my 2 little girls age 7 and 3. Check in is fast and service is good. Although room is not ready until 3pm but I can understand that because there is a lot of cleaning work since there's a little pool inside each room. The room is big and nice. The only thing is there is cigarette smell while I went into the room. Called housekeeping and they sent someone right away. It suppose to be a non smoking room but I guess someone did not obey the rule. The pool is definitely a hit! It's the perfect size for little kids. They just love it and don't want to leave the room. We even call room service at night. Food is good and not expensive but I guess they may use a lot of MSG because I feel so thirsty at night.
Breakfast is good too from food to service. Variety is good and it's up to the standard.
This is a really good experience and my 7 years old already asking when we can go back and if we can choose Banyan tree next time at other place.
There is one more thing which disappoint us. They used to have an indoor kids playroom in the Galaxy property but it's closed now.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear Mochaaaa,

I was pleased to read that all your family enjoyed the suite and the features within. The suite, at 110sqm, certainly has lots of space and the relaxation pool is a great addition. One night is too short, however, I am glad that the first experience was fun for all.

My apologies for the cigarette smell in the suite, we do have smoking and non smoking rooms, however, housekeeping have taken note of this comment, and will pay attention to the detail and aroma in the rooms. I have taken note of your comment in regards to the use of MSG in food preparation. All Banyan Tree hotels do have a policy to avoid products that contain MSG and transfats of which I have requested the Executive Chef to review and ensure we are adhering to this.

Unfortunately, the kids indoor activity area at Galaxy was closed. At the Grand resort deck, there are still outdoor activities on a daily basis from 8am to keep the children occupied.

Once again, thank you for all your comments, rest assured we take all feedback received and share with the teams in order to improve the guest experience and address shortfalls quickly. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Macau in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Joseph

Joseph Beck
Hotel Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The moment you step into Banyan Tree at Macau, you know you're in for a treat. The atmosphere is pleasant, a nice change from all the casinos around the area. It's all very serene, and all the staff greet you as you walk by. The room itself was fantastic, even though it was the "basic" room. However, there is nothing basic about it, as all the pictures you'll find online will tell you! A special mention to Tom at the concierge - we were running late for our ferry back to HKIA, and as the taxi service was too busy at the time, he gave us use of the hotel limousine service free of charge so that we got to the ferry port on time! 5 star service at Banyan Tree - thanks for the wonderful time there!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple