Hotels.com
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Daydream403324
Macau, China

A STAY WORTH REMEMBERING!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 26, 2012
Heard a lot of good comments from friends about Banyan Tree Macau. So since it was my parents' wedding anniversary, I decided to book a suite in this hotel.

As I arrived the hotel, everybody welcomed us warmly as if we are one of the VIPs. Approached the reception, there was this receptionist named Cristina who proactively assisted me for the check-in. Took my ID for registration and brought us up in the room for the in-room check-in. I was really surprised with the in-room check-in as the other hotels doesn't normally do this. She explained to me everthing down to the last detail.

Anniversary amenity has been set up in the room prior to our arrival. Which I found really sweet and thoughtful. Cristina also arranged a table for us in Belon which is the hotel's fine dining restaurant. The restaurant's located on the top floor of the hotel. Food and Service was superb. Gabriel was the person incharged in our table. He even recommended food to us with full description. Which I found very professional. They even gave us a dessert platter as it was my parents' anniversary.

Everything turned out well. It was way beyond my expections. I would like to thank Cristina for helping me to make my Parents' anniversary well remembered. Will definitely come back!
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip.com
0.8 miles from Banyan Tree Macau
View more hotels in Macau
1,527 results
All reviews relaxation pool housekeeping team cake galaxy hotel saffron spa suite luxury turndown
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Banyan Tree Macau is an amazing property. To put it simply, dont think twice when booking, just book it!
Id recommend this place to anyone and everyone when visiting Macau.
The pricing for the rooms is not cheap, however every dollar spent is well recognised upon check in.
We booked the Grand Cotai Suite with in room relaxation pool. The initial reaction when walking into the extremely large room was overwhelming and jaw dropping.
The only flaw would be that we didnt get to spend too much time in the room considering we were on the go trying to make the most of our stay by checking out the local attractions for the two nights that we were there.
Oh actually the other flaw would have been we were unable to adjust the temperature in our in room relaxation pool... We were advised upon check in that we can adjust the temp of the water in our pool to cooler or warmer. However when we attempted to add warmer water the tap didnt flow through with warm water. We called reception to notify them of the issue to which they sent someone up who advised that tap is not working properly and they could arrange to send a technician which would take some time. Who has time on holidays really. I did notify the staff upon check out that the tap wasn’t working and was very disappointing, however she didnt really care which was odd considering how good the service had been.
All in all, the property is amazing, very exclusive compared to the other local hotels as they do not allow drifters from other hotels to walk about in the Banyan Tree. The property is connected and shared with the Galaxy, however no one other than Banyan Tree guests can use the hotel (including the exclusive outdoor pool). Guests at the Banyan tree have access to an amazing pool exclusive to Banyan Tree guests... So no riff raff.
Quiet an enjoyable stay and highly recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very nice spacious room with in room pool and spa/ bath facilities. we were happy with our stay except the bed & pillow was too soft and not very supportive, wished we have slept on the sofa instead (which was big enough!)
otherwise it's a highly recommend resort hotel in Macau for a little escape.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My uncle is a friend of the GM, but I didn't bother the GM during our stay. Hoped to be treated as a normal guest, and could write up a non biased review. Here it is:

My husband and I are fans of the Banyan Tree group. Our favorite one is the Phuket one. I even purchase their products online for years now. Massage oils sent to my doorstep every three months. So when the Banyan Tree Macau opened, I was very happy to know soon I will be able to go to a Banyan Tree much more convenient than flying for hours to the nearest one from Hong Kong.

However, I chose to wait until all the possible "kinks" have smoothed out after grand opening. So we took our family to stay for 3 days this october over the kid's term break. Booked FOUR rooms and and spa treatment.

I requested early check in by email as well, like a previous reviewer had mentioned. But unlike him, I never expect it as a guarantee. No hotel should be penalized for NOT giving you an early check in, that would be unreasonable. Unless, you paid for a previous night, you shouldn't expect one. Even though they emailed me that it is subject to availability, it is a standard reply. Whether the hotel is full, they cannot tell really until the night before you arrive as things constantly changing in hotel management. So, I requested early check in, but asking as a simple courtesy.

Upon arrival by the Galaxy free Shuttle Bus at the Taipa Ferry Terminal. 11 of us were dropped off at the Crystal Lobby of Galaxy hotel. We had to walk quite a bit to get to the Banyan Tree Entrance. It is on the OTHER side of the free shuttle bus lobby, and with children, you may not walk through the casino. The luggage were taken from us at the entrance of this lobby, and they brought it for us to Banyan Tree without having us to dragged all the way to the hotel. That was good.

Early check in was given to ONE of our rooms, this was very nice of the hotel. We got to drop off all our bags, and got the baby settled with change of clothes and a bottle of milk. Kids got to use the washroom, and we headed out for lunch while we waited for the rest of the rooms to check in at 3 pm.

We went to lunch at Festiva, a nice buffet restaurant near the Galaxy hotel. Very good variety and good quality of foods. Good price for adults, $ 188 for lunch and half price for children. With such a big group, and mixture of ages, and also no reservations, (many were full) we were glad we went here for lunch.

At 230pm, we headed back to the hotel and hoped we can get our rooms and the kids wanted to go to the wave pool and swim before the sun started setting. So we wanted to change into swim wear and get settled in our rooms.

Unfortunately, my rooms are requested as connecting, because three of my kids and my mother in law were staying in one room, while my husband and I planned for the other. Connecting rooms were assigned to us, and we were told soon, we will have our room. My brother got his room, and my parents got their room at early check in.

So we all hung out in my parents' room, changed into swim wear, but we really wanted to get out rooms so we didn't have to repack our luggage. After three kids, and two adults get into swim wear, and a baby..... the things would be all over my parents' room. So I asked at 3pm, WHEN will our rooms be ready. The front desk kept telling me , they will call my parents' room when the rooms are ready. So we all sat there watching TV.... my parents couldn't go out because we didn't know our room numbers yet, and my parents were going separate ways, so my mom needed her key, and my Dad needed his key. So we had to stay in the room. My parents also needed to know our room numbers before they went out. But the annoying thing was, the front desk told me the rooms area ready, just need inspecting.

Finally, after more than an hour, and at least 5 calls down to the guest services, they say the keys will be brought up to my parents' room so we can go to our rooms.

Finally, we got to our rooms connecting door in the middle, at almost 4pm. The sun was going down, and the by the time we got to the beach, it was quite cold and the kids didn't really have a chance to play. VERY disappointed.

Upon entering our room, there was a smell that was really weird, like bad water smell ? They told us there was something wrong with our room before, that's why it took so long to "fix" and not ready ?! I am wondering what it was... was it the pool in the room that needed "cleaning?" the water was still halfway only when we walked in. The front desk duty manager Sherry Lei apologized to us for the delay and told us the water is emptied after each guest checks out and it's cleaned and refilled. Hence it is a delay for our rooms because it still wasn't filled up.

Other than this, Sherry offered us a few coupons for food and beverage at the Saffron for the delay in getting our rooms. This was a nice gesture, and I told her it's a good thing we are not staying just one night like alot of people do. Thank goodness my kids can go to the pool next day because we are staying 2 nights. But still, this is one area Banyan Tree Macau must work on, nothing annoys a guest more than delay in getting their rooms upon check in. After 3 pm, there is NO excuse. My husband was very upset because they kept telling us because OUR rooms are "connecting" hence, they are NOT ready. My husband says this is ridiculous excuse, connecting or not connecting, housekeeping should clean the rooms anyways.

Anyways, the rest of our stay was nice, buffet breakfast was great, lots of variety, and you can your own selection of eggs from the menu, scramble, omlette, egg white only, sunny side up...etc. Fresh fruit juices, Asian and Western varieties..... pastries, congee, noodle station...etc.

The rooms are huge. So big, with two rooms connecting, I found it TOO big !!! I walked so much from one room to the other to take care of my kids. The design of the room really is suitable for couples only. The toilet and washroom design is very inconvenient if you are staying with others ... other than your partner. Each time you use the washroom for shower, bath or toilet... you have to close the TWO huge doors and the two huge curtains first. Then you have to walk over to the other side to close the closet door, otherwise, people can see you peeing, and showering.

The beds are comfortable, and pillows need to be better. Not comfortable pillows as I expected it should. The air conditioning in our room was very noisy, I had to shut it off in order to sleep. Luckily the other air con in the living room can be on and we didn't feel hot.

The shower was nice, but the turning handle of the temperature control were loose, it wouldn't hold in the spot I wanted, so I had to use the OTHER shower in the stall. There are TWO. So it's ok. But still, needs to be fixed.

Amenities, not as good quality as I expected. The first day, the toothbrushes kit and comb .... amenitied in a cloth bag, I didn't realize had so many missing items, until the NEXT day. So the Housekeeping forgot to replenish our toiletries bag on the first day.

Cleanliness- I was quite happy overall. Dust free in most areas. The rooms are huge, I feel sorry for the housekeeping if they are at Peak season. So many cushions, the pool is already a crazy idea... and hard to clean. Aromatherapy oil, and incense, and fruits changed daily. Free bottles of water provided to guests.

The Spa was fabulous, had good massage with husband on second night. Very busy spa, must book in advance. I bought some massage oils and shower cream from their gallery.

I would stay again at this hotel, lots to do, not crowded, and not bombarded by mainland china tour groups, relaxing stay.

But wish it will reach the standards of what a true Banyan Tree hotel should be..... getting there, but a little disappointed in certain areas.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Katetam
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in pool villa to celebrate our vow exchange. The villa was beautiful, enhanced with a very high technolgy appliances and completed with an imporessive personal touch from the service team. Our stay was really memorable. We couldn't thank the service team enough for bringing the hospitality standard to the next level.
*special thank you to Mr.Sandro and Ms.Julia for all your help and hospitality.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

First of all,
I would like to say when I reached at the lobby the greet and the hospitality of the bellman was so excellent. Smiles and greet were every where to welcome me and assistance was automatically offered.

Second,
The privacy was so good, room was nice with the relaxation pool and cleanliness was no doubt. I enjoyed very much our stay and hoping to come back end of this November 2012

Date of stay: September 2012