“Please improve the following items & some I feel very good items.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Banyan Tree Macau

Banyan Tree Macau
Ranked #4 of 94 Hotels in Macau
A TripAdvisor Member
“Please improve the following items & some I feel very good items.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

Improve:
1. On time check-in service - a lot of booking just got a room key around 1700L, this can't accepted because you are five star hotel. ( I understand clean up a room facilities need a long time. Hope you will improve.

2. Due to the customer just get the room key around 1700L. But your outdoor swimming pool closed on 1900L. Is not enough time to you customer enjoy the facilities.

3. Breakfast time, alhough your room rate including breakfast, but we need to spend one hour to wait for the table. So we don't have enough time to swimming again. Then we need to check out hotel.

4. We paid a expensive room rate, but we just only have 3 to 4 hour to enjoy your resort hotel's facilities, that is not really relax & enjoy. Feel every time we hurry when I live in your hotel.

5. I'm very happy your hotel provide free in-house wifi for you customer. But I'd try a whole night still can't login my account, although I'd call your customer service four time already.

Enjoy item:

1. Your front line service very Efficiency, check in & check out time just waiting around 5 mins. Very good. And all staff very helpful, friendly, have smile and professional.

2. This time I choose your hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday, You hotel very kind to arrange a birthday cake for us, and let us choose the timing to send to my room. This additional service, let me feel understand why your hotel service is very famous, very professional. ( but io minor mistake is a birthday card writing to me instead of my husband)

Any we really enjoy room facilities. Your hotel is the best.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Banyan Tree Macau on Tripadvisor.

We always appreciate to receive comments on our service and product so that we may look at those areas that we can improve. Your comments on check-in time are well noted, we are working on improvements in this area, however, particularly during weekends, where we do experience high occupancy, it is challenging for any hotel to turn around rooms where high volume departures and arrivals are involved, and more so here at Banyan Tree Macau, where we are an all suite hotel with minimum room size of 120sqm.

Without excuse, I can assure you the team here at Banyan Tree Macau are working diligently on improving the overall product and service aspects of the property and committed to providing the Banyan Tree experience to our guests.

We would like to thank you for your gracious comments on our staff and their service, it is always a pleasure to read and share such comments which certainly motivates the team to keep on providing the personalized touches we are known for.

We do look forward to welcoming you to Banyan Tree Macau and being of service to you once again, in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I like the hotel very much, it is a definitely good experience in the hotel. I only find that the room service could be improved. The overall facilities are excellent. I will recommend this hotel to everyone.

BTGroup, Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

We were pleased to read that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and had an enjoyable experience. Your comments on room service are noted and we shall endeavor to work on the service sequence and processes in order to improve the overall service delivery of this area.

Once again, on behalf of the team at Banyan Tree Macau, thank you for taking your time to post your comments, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again to Banyan Tree Macau.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I booked this hotel through its website under its opening promotion offer of "stay one night and get a subsequent night free". We made our first night stay last week. Check-in was lousy as the staff could not locate my reservation. It took them 30 minutes to complete the whole process, excluding waiting time. There must be something wrong with either their staff training or their computer reservation system, because I had never encountered such confusion when I checked in to any hotel world wide.

Then came the worst part of my stay, when I used the sauna facilities in the changing room of the hotel's fittness centre. The changing room was in a big mess, with used slippers and towels lying around on the wet and slippery floor. Even the hair dryer was lying on the floor. It was really dangerous as I nearly slipped several times. There were only two shower rooms and there was only shampoo in one of them. Unlike similar facilities in all other established hotels, eg the Four Seasons or Grand Hyatt Macau, no cleaning attendant was in sight and no bottled water was provided inside the room. This was really incredible as the Banyan Tree boasts itself as a 6-star holiday resort, and its facilities were so poorly managed. When I complained to the reception counter staff of the fitness centre (all male), they asked me to complain to the management direct!
Had I not already booked a linked second night's stay under its opening promotion, I would not consider staying at this hotel again. There are so many better choices nearby. I have had excellent experiences at the Fours Seasons and Grand Hyatt.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, on behalf of the team, please accept our apologies for the poor arrival experience, your comments on this are well noted and the process will be reviewed.

In regards to the Health Club, I can assure you this is not the standard we set out to achieve and will certainly review the service to the Locker rooms. We do set our standards high, and must not only meet but exceed our guests expectations, which on this occasion we have not done. Your comments will be shared with the team and improvements will be made with immediate effect.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and providing us the opportunity to improve our service and product. Having recently opened, there are still teething problems, but the team are committed to improving and providing a true Banyan Tree experience to our guests.

Taiwan Taipei
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

Thanks Banyan Tree Macau prepare anniversary cake and wine to let us celebrate our first wedding anniversary , we like it and we like the big room & big bathing pool.
I praised Banyan Tree Cafe have delicious food , we all like to enjoy breakfast time in this.It is a great experience to stay in Bnayan Tree Macau.

BTGroup, Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

It is a great pleasure to read that you celebrated the very special occasion of your first wedding anniversary with us. At Banyan Tree Macau, we do like to ensure all those special occasions are well taken care of and that you can relax and enjoy the comforts of our resort.

I shall certainly pass on your gracious comments to the team at Banyan Café who will be delighted to read that you enjoyed the restaurant and food.

Once again, on behalf of the team, thank you for posting your experience, we do hope that you will return to Banyan Tree Macau in the not too distant future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

Banyan Tree Hotel always at the standard of a 5-star hotel, no matter on room design, facilities, service, so sure value for money, but I believe it can be better, As I came to stay this time was to celebrate my Birthday with friends. I checked in exactly on the date of my birth and shown ID card for registration, but there was no greeting at all. Actually, I usually spent my birthday in vacation, such as Peninsula Hotel and even Banyan Tree Bangkok, they could immediately recognize and said Happy Birthday to me, then send birthday cake and dessert to my room that evening. This time, my friends need to ask for this arrangement, and of course, they had arranged it. But this is a kind of not detailed enough in service and customer relationship. Anyway, it's a very good stay in Macau. Thanks.

Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, on behalf of the team, please accept our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations. I can understand your disappointment at not being recognized on your special day. We do pride ourselves on been able to provide that personal service and little touches, however on this occasion we have failed to do so.

Your comments have been shared with the team so that they may learn from this and we will be implementing refresh training in order that our team members are familiar with the service standards expected of a Banyan Tree.

Once again thank you for sharing and providing us the opportunity to improve, I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Banyan Tree Macau in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Staying at Banyan Tree Macau is so relax and enjoyable.
The hotel is a new one. It is very convenient with shuttle provided from pier and shuttle to many spots. The transportation is provided perfectly.
Starting from the lobby, we have the leisure feel. Sufficient waiting area with many receptions to provide services everywhere. It is easily accessed to different area in and out of the hotel.
The deluxe room is spacious with many top graded, most convenient designed. The spa pool and the bucket provision are another attractive facilitate to keep us to stay in room. The high tech wc pan, big area for showering are also enlightening us.
We stay inside hotel room seems staying in home; i.e. home feel.
The manmade beach with wave effect at podium is perfect. All provisions and services there are high standard.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at Banyan Tree Macau

It is was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to relax and enjoy the facilities of the hotel complex and the room. Banyan Tree, as part of the Galaxy complex enjoys the convenience of the Galaxy shuttle picking up and dropping guests off at the various transport hubs as well as central points in Macau. We continue to refine and improve the hotel in order to provide a sanctuary Banyan Tree experience with the entertainment and excitement of Macau right on the doorstep.

On behalf of the team at Banyan Tree Macau, thank you for your gracious comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

It was my brother's 18th birthday so my whole family decided to make it special and take him to Macau for his first time gambling. Because it was a treat we decided to try out new hotel and chose Banyan Tree Macau rather than other new ones because we had a good time when we were in Banyan Tree Phuket and was very impress by the their villas. But the villas for Macau were not ready yet so we took suites instead. The rooms were very big and the pool in room is nice but I am worried about how clean the pool is. The bad thing about the trip was that the coffee machine was broken but when I called housekeeping to check, they were able to fix it. The good things were the beds were very comfortable and we slept well. The food at coffee shop was also good. the hotel was also very nice and arrange a birthday cake for my brother.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BTGroup, Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear chanpymabel,

First and foremost, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and able to celebrate the special occasion of your brother’s 18th birthday. My apologies with regards to the coffee machine in the room, we will pay closer attention to this. I would also like to assure you that we do pay very close attention to the hygiene and cleanliness of the relaxation pools in the room. The system used is no different to a normal swimming pool where there is a filtration/UV system for each room as well as manual daily inspections.

Once again, on behalf of the team at Banyan Tree Macau, thank you for choosing us to celebrate your special occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.