“very good thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We originally planned to go to the African village for bbq food at the Fisherman's Wharf, unfortunately the atmosphere there is not very good. We therefore wander around and found that this restaurant is full of customers. We could not find a table inside and had to take a table outside, which is quite hot, view was not bad though. Food was very good and not expensive. Will recommend this place.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went to Talay Thai two times and reservation was required for Friday and Saturday. The restaurant was extremely busy in both times, so we wait a little for the food. Nevertheless, the food was excellent with a lot of choices. Not expensive for the quality I really recommend it.

1  Thank MiguelMen
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The place is indeed a busy and bustling restaurant. The seats inside the restaurants are already filled up and they had to set up more tables and chairs to accomodate more dining patrons. We were seated outside. With a nice evening though a little hot at the time, the view of the waters and the dock proved to be a wonderful sight for the night while taking in your meal.

The food attendants does speak English a little but we have to pay really close attention and listen to understand if the food attendant got our order correctly as we only relied on the food shots in their menu. . . . trying our best to ask for a little spice in our viands and not to make everything hot and spicy. The food arrived freshly cooked and steaming . . . very good for our stomach.

Indeed a nice place, the restaurant's interiors looks great and lovely . . . but I guess always full of patrons on a daily or weekly basis . . . I must advice diners to come in early to reserve their seats.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I’ve been to this restaurant a lot of times with my family and my kids love it.
This restaurant is located at Fisherman's Wharf a very nice place for a stroll. If the weather is nice you can seat outside looking at the river and at the ferries coming and going. It is very nice at night also with the lights of the bridge near the ferries.

Usually I go at lunch time when it is much calmer than at night. If you decide to go at night, I suggest that you book in advance or be prepared to wait as it is always packed.

Sometimes families’ don’t go to Thai restaurants because they are afraid the food is not suitable for kids, but there are a lot of no spicy dishes.
Here is a suggestion of a few no spicy dishes: #1 pork neck grilled; # 5 shrimp cakes (with very tasty minced shrimp); #8 Spring roll with minced shrimp (is similar to #5 but has the spring roll skin on the outside, tasty and crispy), #17 minced beef is spicy but you can ask for no spicy, still tasty with some herbs, #37 Thai fried water spinach can also ask for no spicy.
There are some other dishes I would recommend that are spicy, like #49 vermicelli salad, #55 pork neck salad, or #55 pork with lemon.
The pineapple rice is very good as well as the fresh coconut. At lunch time, if you order beer you get two for the price of one.
The price of the food is very reasonable. Last time we paid MOP$495.00 (after 10% discount from BNU Visa Card) for 4 pax.

Some of the waiters don’t speak English very well but they understand enough to make the order and as always with Thai people, they are very friendly and always with a smile.

Just go there to appreciate the food and the view and be patient as some times your order may take some time to arrive.

1  Thank SmasKim
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Went there on a rainy day for Halloween...Scary...
We end up waiting 30 minutes outside...
This restaurant was packed, full.
They squizzed us upstairs...
Great effort and the food was good...Fish ok, prawns ok, soup good. Spring roll and chicken? too.
Boy the mango juice was so good that i could not believe it...the Coconut too.
I won't go back before awhile as i found an other Thai in Cotai part. Don't get me wrong, try it for the view on clear day and outside.
Overall fantastic night, but, not for me or i was not in the moud that night.

Been to Talay Thai? Share your experiences!