“Gem in Macau”

A Petisqueira
Ranked #16 of 743 Restaurants in Macau
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.macau.com/index.php?option=com_restaurants&Itemid=314&task=show_details&sort_by=dateDesc&id=247
Taipei, Taiwan
“Gem in Macau”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My favorite restaurant in Macau.
Forget over-priced and pretentious Antonio and disappointing Fernando, this place never disappoints.
The garlic prawns, sauted clams, roasted chicken and grilled salmon are classics which never fail to impress the most demanding visitors we took here.
Love the quaint atmosphere. The money goes into the food, not the decoration, but that's how you get mentioned in the Michelin guide.
Highly recommended for foodies who want to taste home cooked Portuguese cuisine. Booking recommended but it's worth the wait anyway.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
“Good last minute find”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went in to this place for a bite before a concert. Good food & wine. As we debated over red or white wine, manager happily recommended us to try a vino verde which was light and refreshing and a perfect combo for our food. Portuguese chorizo was a stand out for me along with the grilled boar. Great food and efficient service. Will be back with family.

• Visited September 2013
United Kingdom
“Consistent”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Another former favourite restaurant of our in Macau. I went there this week for dinner thinking I was chancing it to get a table but I had no trouble. The place did not seem as busy as it used to be. It has had a lick of paint, the tables are spaced farther apart (they needed to be) and there seemed to be new staff and owner. I had the Octopus salad to start with and it was the best of three I ate that week. For main course I had Kingfish (I always prefer Swordfish but they never seem to have it anymore). The Kingfish was nice and not too bony. For desert I have Serradura (Sawdust Pudding), a bottle of Casal Garcia, a Port and double espresso cost around MOP500 with tip. Still a pretty good place to sample Portuguese food in my book.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank AgedMan
Zhuhai, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent all around”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We've visited this restaurant for 4 years now, and it has been one of the most consistent in terms of food, service, quality, and price.
We have brought an abundance of family and friends, and all still rave about this place and have become regulars. Our favorite waiter John is the most hospitable host with a great knowledge of Portuguese wine... Love love love this restaurant!

Visited June 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Great Food - Muito bom!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Fantastic place to eat, food is great, well cooked, tasty, and they serve you what they tell you they are going to serve you! I remeber this place being cheaper a few years ago, but it is still good value. Good wine list, that is a little over priced (thats Asia!) Garlic Prawns and Bacalhau is awsome...

They did try and rush the service and get you in and out quickly.

I can say it is one of the best places to eat in Macau, you have the other famous places... but not as good.

• Visited July 2013