“Museum of Macau's history and culture”
Review of Macao Museum

Private Tour: Macau Day Trip from Hong Kong
Ranked #9 of 244 things to do in Macau
Reviewed June 24, 2013

C1 ( 2013.06.19 )
There was located in Mount Fotress beside ruins of St.Pauls Cathedral. I visited without expectations, but there was very charming and good. I saw and felt Macau's history and culture well. There was not large-scale, but contents was very good. If you visit St.Paul's Cathedral, make sure visiting.

There are newer reviews for Macao Museum

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I lived for the last 25 years in Portugal but this was my 1st visit to this former colony. Therefore I wanted to know a bit more about the history and decided to go to the museum. I was positive surprised about the entrance fee from just 15 HK$. I spent nearly 2 hours there and enjoyed a lot to know more about the history. Everything is very well explained, in Chinese and in English. If you are interested in history this us a place you should not miss. It is also very easy to find; all taxi drivers know it.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The museum is right next to St Pauls ruin and the fort. It is medium size and the exhibits are well laid out and are interesting. Gave us a good sense of Macau's historic past with enough to keep us occupied for an visit.

1  Thank Nigel K
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited Macau Museum because it was located next to St. Paul's Ruins, and I really enjoyed it, much more than I expected, it is really worth a visit!

1  Thank suniwati
Reviewed May 18, 2013

If you love museums, you want to visit this one when you are in Macau. I feel like the architecture of the museum is a good mix of ancient and modern décor. I love going up the modern escalator. The museum gave me a good education on Macau history, and I got to learn a lot from my visit. Many of the exhibits are interactive and fun. After visiting the museum, make sure you go around its grounds, and climb up to the top for an amazing view of Macau. You will see most of its famous buildings and hotels from the top of this hill that the museum is on. Then also go over to see the fortress just right next to the Museum.

1  Thank FabGlobetrotter03