“Quiet stay at MO, Macau”

Mandarin Oriental Macau
Ranked #2 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Chennai (Madras), India
“Quiet stay at MO, Macau”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The MO Macau is said to be the only luxury hotel without an attached casino. Having visited all the casino hotels and seen the MASSIVE crowds, I can say that for us that was a blessing for us. At least the staff knew us by name!

The flip side is relatively poor in-hotel dining options, though the MGM is right next door and has some nice places.

I would advise a stay in this hotel for all those who believe their hotel is a sanctuary. Macau is so full of mainland chinese tourists that it is a relief to get back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor facing the sea
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had a wonderful stay in Macau on 23March 2014, though is a very short stay, a night but MOMAC gave us a wonderful services, it was a fantabulous stay!
They provided transfer service from jetty to hotel, special thanks to Francis for the very warn welcome! Also Ceci and a very friendly operator, Yan and the duty manager as well.
This is definitely an unforgettable stay for me and my family (*^o^*)
The hotel is connected with MGM casino, very nice location. They had a very nice swimming pool that delighted us very much! I will highly recommended to my friend for this 5 star hotel in Macau (^O^)/

Room Tip: Deluxe bay view room, very beautiful view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 20, 2014

It was our first time in Macau and we stayed for 2 nights, it is easily accessible by other hotel's shuttle services from airport. Greeted by helpful Ken Yang who assisted us immediately with our luggages while we proceed to do the check-in. Wasn't able to check in early but Concierge (Benjamin?) was very helpful and knowledgeable to show us attractions around Macau. Vida Rica's food was superb with friendly staffs and hostess.

Overall a very good stay, definitely live up to their reputation. Deeply appreciate the excellent service from Catherine (Concierge) who assisted us throughout our stay until departure.

Would definitely stay again when we go back to Macau!

Room Tip: Hotel without a casino, away from noise!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank j-twqian
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Macau during Christmas time, the reason for my trip was due to business and I have to admit that all my needs were met as a business traveller. During my stay I had this personalized service and unconditional attention on daily basis by one of your staff. Her name was Sneha Shivnani and I have to admit she is born for this profession. She had answers to all my questions and tailored all my needs from day I checked in till the day I checked out. A true asset to your company. Great breakfast and room facilities. Will definitely come back due to the special service I received. The only disappointment was paying for Wi-Fi in today’s time. The location was very convenient because if I wanted a small get away from work and wished the gamble I had various casino on the near about.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Macau, China
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have a great stay in mandarin oriental Macau. The room is big, modern and fantastic! Bathroom is nice, especially the tub beside window. You may see the whole Macau view when u having a bath. And salt make you skin very soft. Will back for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed February 25, 2014

They say that the first impressions were the last impressions but in my case my first impression was not very good but the last impression was fantastic. Upon arrival I was told my room was not ready at 5pm! I had difficulty communicating with the staff as my English was not very good nor their English was at their best. Once I was got to my room after requesting a non-smoking room, my room smelled of cigarette. After coming from a long trip from Portugal I wanted a place to relax with no casino hassle. I went back to the reception and complained when one of the managers took over where I was instantly attended and felt that she was willing to help and solve my room issue. It was great to have someone to speak with in Portuguese/Spanish. Her name was Sneha. She gave me another room and was escorted to the room personally. I was then given some hotel amenities and a personalized letter from her apologizing for my arrival experience. I was overwhelmed. I deliberatly stopped at the new Mandarin Oriental in Macau because it was a non-casino hotel and is known for their service, and I certainly did receive it from her. Plus I was given a complimentary transfer form the hotel to the pier upon check out. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank pepa p
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It hard pick a particular reason to choose this hotel. Even if you are looking for a non-casino hotel that has something different. The hotel doesn't have anything to offer that other places don't. I've settled here because I couldn't book a room at it's neighbors, Wynn Encore and MGM.

The location is not that great. Quite a long walk from Senado square and the business center. With no shuttle service. The room itself is quite average, considering it's rates. There's no in-room safe, which is unusual. For this rate it's much better to get a room at Wynn or Grand Lisboa, with better location,restaurants, and overall experience. Or at cheaper rates at the similar room quality at Lisboa, Sintra, Grand Emperor.

The swimming pool is disappointing. It's under the shadows all day and very underwhelming.
The hotel is connected to Central One shopping mall. But the shops at Wynn are more attractive.

The service is excellent. With staffs speaking good English and very attentive.

This hotel should glam up to meet it's standards such as in MO Hong Kong or Bangkok. Or just change the name and lower the rooms rates.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo