“Wonderful stay!”

Mandarin Oriental Macau
Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have a great stay in mandarin oriental Macau. The room is big, modern and fantastic! Bathroom is nice, especially the tub beside window. You may see the whole Macau view when u having a bath. And salt make you skin very soft. Will back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 25, 2014

They say that the first impressions were the last impressions but in my case my first impression was not very good but the last impression was fantastic. Upon arrival I was told my room was not ready at 5pm! I had difficulty communicating with the staff as my English was not very good nor their English was at their best. Once I was got to my room after requesting a non-smoking room, my room smelled of cigarette. After coming from a long trip from Portugal I wanted a place to relax with no casino hassle. I went back to the reception and complained when one of the managers took over where I was instantly attended and felt that she was willing to help and solve my room issue. It was great to have someone to speak with in Portuguese/Spanish. Her name was Sneha. She gave me another room and was escorted to the room personally. I was then given some hotel amenities and a personalized letter from her apologizing for my arrival experience. I was overwhelmed. I deliberatly stopped at the new Mandarin Oriental in Macau because it was a non-casino hotel and is known for their service, and I certainly did receive it from her. Plus I was given a complimentary transfer form the hotel to the pier upon check out. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pepa p
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It hard pick a particular reason to choose this hotel. Even if you are looking for a non-casino hotel that has something different. The hotel doesn't have anything to offer that other places don't. I've settled here because I couldn't book a room at it's neighbors, Wynn Encore and MGM.

The location is not that great. Quite a long walk from Senado square and the business center. With no shuttle service. The room itself is quite average, considering it's rates. There's no in-room safe, which is unusual. For this rate it's much better to get a room at Wynn or Grand Lisboa, with better location,restaurants, and overall experience. Or at cheaper rates at the similar room quality at Lisboa, Sintra, Grand Emperor.

The swimming pool is disappointing. It's under the shadows all day and very underwhelming.
The hotel is connected to Central One shopping mall. But the shops at Wynn are more attractive.

The service is excellent. With staffs speaking good English and very attentive.

This hotel should glam up to meet it's standards such as in MO Hong Kong or Bangkok. Or just change the name and lower the rooms rates.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank OuijaAble
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The rooms are follow Mandarin Oriental standards, the breakfast was good and the overall hotel is nice with a great location. The Service though does not follow the standards, two hicups, one my room was not ready when i arrived for my check-in at 4:30 PM!!!! and the wi-fi was paying...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental just has a way of making you feel like you are a special person. The service was excellent and the room was beautiful. We were upgraded to a suite, which we appreciated very much. The breakfast was very good with an extensive selection. We also ate dinner at the hotel one night. The food was excellent and the servers were extremely attentive and warm, but without being overbearing. The location was very convenient as well. We will definitely stay here again when visiting Macau in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Non-casino hotel but just beside MGM and Macau being small, very easy to get around by foot or taxi.

The rooms are really spacious with large bathroom and views overlooking city, bay or lake. Stayed in the Deluxe Bay View Room, travelling with family. We got two rooms interconnecting and the overall feel of the rooms are very homely, cosy and welcoming.

Service was great, particularly from the porters and doormen. Room did not include breakfast but did tried for one morning and loving it. Good spread and still reasonable pricing for a 5 stars luxury hotel, like the noodle soup station very much. Most importantly, the restaurant service was top-notch, very friendly, warm and genuine to every guest. Highly recommended.

Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JevJev
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights - I in a corner room and my friend in a Deluxe room - the view from our respective rooms were good, even though my room was on a lower floor. There was no lack of privacy. Room facilities were very good, with an extensive mini-bar and a good quality coffee machine.

Staff service was very good in general. The Concierge was helpful, approaching us when we appear in the lobby to offer their services whenever low guests volume in the foyer allows it - it is an impressive style not seen in too many places.

The Spa is "standard Mandarin Oriental", which means good service is guaranteed and guest comfort is of paramount importance to the staff. They are quick thinkers - the Receptionist, who did not speak very good English, immediately asked for help from a colleague. We hardly had to wait. The herbal tea they served was the best of the 3 Mandarin Hotels in Hong Kong and Macau.

Breakfast was surprisingly good. We had expected crowds and a lot of noise - which did not happen. I think we chose the right hotel in Macau - one without a casino. However, there is a casino in the same complex, barely 3 minutes walk away, so this is convenient for guests who wish to stay in a quieter environment but who may wish to use gaming facilities.

As an upmarket shopping complex is accessible from within the hotel, entertainment is handy and the quality of the shops is excellent. I shall certainly return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms - these rooms are big; with the bathtub right next to the window for good views.