“Luxery in the middle of nowhere”
Review of Grand Hyatt Macau

Grand Hyatt Macau
Ranked #7 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Huge room with all amenities (even a Nespresso coffee machine!),enormous bath tub etc.etc...
A pity it is located among a few other hotels,near the airport with the only alternative to leave this dead spot to go to Macau city thanks to free transport.
Ideal for expensive luxury stores and an extremely stingy casino where one-arm bandits are fixed with the lowest returns you will ever meet.
A taste of western high class for continental Chinese vacacionists,not for educated Europeans looking for historical places.

1  Thank Racam
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed January 3, 2011

this is my second trip to Macau and now starting to understand the place abit.

essentially Macau for me can be separated into 2 parts, the original aspect where we have Grand Lisbo, Wynn and MGM and then we have another satellite area called Cotai Strip with Hyatt, Crown and Venetian are located. this two areas are about 15 minutes apart by direct free shuttle bus.

Grand Hyatt is located at one end of a large under cover shopping mall , Crown Hotel at the other end with Hard Rock in the middle. Across the road in the Venetian Hotel and Four Seasons Hotel with its shopping complexes.

Upon check in the first thing we noticed was that the club floor reception was on the ground floor itself, so the club floor lounge was there as well. checking in was done standing up and there was no welcoming drinks. so within 5 minutes I knew the club floor was note worth it at all compared to the rest of the places I have tried. so avoid it and save your money !!

the room itself was huge located on the 32nd floor. we had twin queen beds, separate by water closet and bathtub / rain shower at either ends of the corridor. in the middle 2 wash basin with a ladies make up table in the middle. the room was perfect for our needs. there was a clear glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom. the best part was the coffee making machine already mentioned by previous reviewers.

though it their winter, our kids felt it was warm enough to swim in the outdoor pool, which was heated to about 28-30 degrees. pool attendants were great with 2 life guards and 2 attendants.

back to the club floor, under staffed and outside breakfast and evening canapes time , you would be hard press to find someone there there to get you a drink. would be far easier to have an open drinks / bar system to help your selfs, hence once again avoid the extra cost of club floor.

at the end , would I stay at the hyatt again, NO. not because the service or the room was poor, but rather I want to try other hotels on Cotai Strip area. If you like shopping recommend staying in Venetian or Four Seasons area where the shopping malls are bigger with lots more choices

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank chai77
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Stay in this hotel for 1 night, so far, this is my best hotel I ever stayed. Reception was helpful, room is big and comfortable, morning breakfast.....best ever. Location near to shopping center and lots of attraction. No complain so far.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Probably a 4 1/2 star, but I save five stars for the truly exceptional. The room was exceptional and the hotel amenities and service were great. Doesn't quite deserve five stars as the location was soso and it wasn't exceptional value as the price wasn't that cheap.

We originally booked a grand suite and upon check-in, they upgraded us to an executive suite. Needless to say, the room was fabulous. Large living room, bath tub, TVs, etc. Location wasn't so convenient, but we didn't care as we had been to Macau before and were just there for the hotel. The pool was heated and very nice. Overall, a very nice experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I was staying in the suite for a conference. The suite is really very spacious and there is even a high end coffee making machine (those where you feed in packet coffee powder type) provided. I must highlight that the room is very neat and clean.
Maybe due to the huge bookings, the services were not as prompt. e.g. I have to called 4 times from 8.30a till 4.30p for my morning papers.

Reviewed December 15, 2010

If you want to be in Macau but a cut above the garish casino mainstream (although to my mind that's part of the whole POINT in going to Macau) then this is the place for you. I stayed for 2 nights with our 30 person HK/Shanghai offices on a work do and it was very good for that. We had a very nice conference room with excellent coffee and nibbles during our break out. The bedrooms themselves are very nice, immaculate and spacious, with an extremely comfortable bed and a nice bath (although no shower head in the bath, so you have to get out to do your hair, and a plug in the middle of the bath that pops up and starts to drain if you move about too much!). Very good in a corporate Grand Hyatt way - which is a compliment; the place is VERY well kept. Didn't notice any noise from corridors or other rooms which I always hate. Pretty efficient check in and out which sometimes doesn't work well in these casino hotels. A LOT of traffic backed up around the hotel at night when we were trying to get out - that could probably be resolved with better parking guards outside. Good cocktails in the lobby bar - although it was pretty quiet apart from our crowd. The only slight downside to the hotel was I thought the Chinese restaurant was disappointing. It LOOKS great but the food was only so-so and it came in an oddly staggered fashion in VERY small amounts each time (we were 2 tables of 15, eating a set menu that the restaurant had given us, so not ideal to assess a restaurant, I will admit). BTW the pool looks EXCELLENT although I hadn't brought a swimsuit! It is large, and rectangular and ideal for laps and was beautifully heated (perhaps overly so for hardier swimmers, but I would have loved it). Not used very much as the guests tend to be from mainland China, as is usual in Macau.

Reviewed December 11, 2010

Excellent hotel only 12 months old, Hyatt service as always perfect. Located in the city of dreams complex close to the Venetian, easy to get around. The only slight disappointment was the Bejing Kitchen, we were looking forward to the Peking duck. I was going to have a full duck for my wife and me but the waitress said half would be ample, it was not and it wasn't anything like a half, probably only a quarter. I would certainly return again to the hotel. Early December was a good time to visit as weather was nice.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple