“Easter stay at the Hyatt”
Review of Grand Hyatt Macau

Grand Hyatt Macau
Ranked #6 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Personally I can't recommend the service at this hotel enough. Out first trip to Macau for a stay -over in 15 yrs. I choose the hyatt because I tend to stay in the hyatt a lot around the world and I know what I'm getting! the service is usually great. I fell sick on our first day of arrival and the staff ran around getting medicine for me even sending freshly squeezed orange to my room, every time I ventured outside, the hotel staff asked if I was feeling any better and if they could help with anything, nothing was too much trouble including arranging a doctors visit.
The hotel itself is in a quiet location, a little off the beaten track with construction site views ( but not at all noisy) but really quite nice after going into central Macau where it's noisy and super crowded. The hotel offers great free transportation to most of the hotspots, which is a great saving as a taxi into town will cost almost 100 each way. Most places can be accessed by the free shuttle buses which run frequently.
We upgraded our stay for a few hundred dollars which gave us access to the club lounge, which is fantastic. Basically it more than payed for itself . . This gives you access to a very good breakfast service, hot and cold drinks throughout the day, an evening buffet and drinks till 7.30pm . To be honest I didn't use the evening buffet myself but my husband and son did, and consequently didn't need to take dinner that evening as they had such a good meal.
I didn't use the facilities this time, the pool looked great albeit a bit sterile ( it's really large and sparse) the gym was used by my family and it's adequate .
The hotel is a couple of minutes from Dancing on water, which was the highlight of the trip , highly recommend a visit to the show.

1  Thank Jo_A273
There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Macau

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel is very clean and tidiness. It was spacious and staffs are very helpful and provide good service. If you are looking for hotel that is quite, this is the hotel. You can pre-check in to your room, they will deliver your baggage to your room if the room is ready and you no need to worry about your baggage and come back to check in at the middle of the day.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

A great hotel with first class rooms, first class service, attention to details and wonderful follow-up on various inquiries.

Great club lounge with attentive services. Nice concierge follow through and great Housekeeping services. Absolutely a place that other hotels should learn from.

TEN out of Ten!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank TheTHotel
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is my first time to choose Grand Hyatt Macau after compare to others similar hotels in macau.
The hotel location ,environment , layout, staff service and the cleanliness of the room are make me have a wonderful holiday with my family. The staffs always helpful and attentive , the room is big and conform and the club lounge is a good place where you can have a very quiet breakfast with nice view ( the view might be blocking by the other hotel in future seem the construction is on going). Worth to upgrade to the club lounge access without regrets. Will look forwards to stay again and it will be my priority hotel in macau.
Free Shuttle bus to ferry terminal, airport and macau.

Room Tip: Upgrade to club lounge access
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed in a King Suite for 1 night. 2nd time at City of Dreams. Such a beautiful hotel. Most wonderful service by terrific staff who all looked great in beautifully tailored uniforms. Great attention to detail. Superb beds with excellent line. Bathroom great. The hotel spa area was also very good as was the Beijing Kitchen restaurant. And the hotel breakfast.... without doubt the best I've EVER had - in a stunning space. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were having the time of our lives at what was arguably the best hotel experience in 40 years of travel experience.

We agreed to play some tennis before we headed home only to have our amazing experience expanded by the hotel providing us with the best of equipment and... A ballboy. We felt like we were at Wimbleton.

Then I pulled a muscle. Extremely painfully. And within minutes five staff members were on the court with ice (and a banana for potassium) and a wheelchair. They helped us with getting our packing done and even sent us off to our rapid ferry with an organized car to avoid taxi mix ups.

We've now decided that our favorite brand, after the one we are building in our business, is the Hyatt.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sajecoach
Reviewed April 6, 2014

True to brand this hotel is a grand experience. From check in to check out we enjoyed superb service and a very pleasant room with large bathroom. Great finishes, attention to detail and quiet privacy are all there. Being able to enjoy cocktails, snacks and breakfast in the executive lounge area, far from the masses, was also a very welcome plus. Unfortunately the ongoing construction work on a nearby site is audible and not so pleasant. So too is the fact that despite the grandness of the hotel not all customers who support it are yet skilled with etiquette. But this is not the fault of the hotel.

That apart, the only points scored against the hotel were from the black night blind collapsing during the night. The noise obviously startled and woke us up. But the immediate downside was that there was no possible way to enjoy a lazy morning in bed (as one might like to do on a long weekend) after being woken by the morning light.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple