“Great Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Makati, Philippines
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Grand Hyatt Macau is located at the City of Dreams, a big building complex consisting of three hotels with a huge casino in the middle that you can see as soon as the plane touches down.

I spent a week there on business and honestly can't fault the hotel. Amazingly friendly staff, a room that was positively huge, a modern gym and a breakfast buffet that left nothing to be desired. This is very close to as good as any hotel can get.

The hotel did offer a limo service for pick-up from the airport (at extra cost) but I'm glad I turned it down as the trip takes about three minutes and they have a free shuttle bus anyway. Once at the hotel, check-in was quick and professional and I was in my room in no time. The whole complex is wifi enabled, so you can get free wifi on your phone anywhere in city of dreams, which is great and worked fast and well. Very impressed there.

The whole point of the hotel and CoD is of course the casino. If you're not there to gamble or on business, then there really is little point to be there at all - no matter how nice the place is. So if you're planning on blowing your hard earned cash in a casino, you could do worse than staying at the Hyatt Macau.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had stayed for 2 nights in the month of March when an unfortunate incident happened on myself. Had emailed the hotel and their reply was prompt. Not only have they followed up throughout, they compromised and answered my questions and doubts without fail. I would like to thank the Front Office Assistant Managers, Chris Un and Florence Lou and the management for the thorough investigations and explainations in assisting myself in understanding the whole situation.

Overall, room was great with a good view of macau. Cosy. From toilertries to coffee machine was a wow!. Wifi was available and the location is pretty accessible without much difficulties.

I would still choose to stay there in my future visits.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Wow! Beautiful hotel. Got upgraded to a suite. Huge room. Super new. Amenities. Very modern look.

I'm not a gambler but it is connected to the casino so you don't have to go outside to gamble and the spa is amazing if a bit expensive.

The lobby is stunning but breakfast was disappointing--they kept recycling the same choices--I was there for 10 days so I would have liked to have a bit more variety but oh well. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The check in desk was full of chinese travellers. So I suppose to check in at the Hyatt Diamond desk but there was no staff. However, one of the staff notice me and he quickly come and ask how may I help you? I sincerely said I like to check in and I am a diamond member. He quickly called to someone. Within one minute, a senior staff came down to meet me and quickly check me in. He then lead me to my room. (I got an upgrade to a Suite). Thank you.

The staff was kindly introduce me around the Suite and inform me if he can send the welcome wine and fruit to my room. In five minutes, I have received a bottle of red wine and a plate of fresh fruits. Very good customer service and fantastic welcome gift.

As for the room, it's very spacious and new. There is a living room, coffee/tea/mini bar area, one bedroom with luggage room. The bathroom and toilet connect to the bedroom, so it's like a master Suite. There are two flat TV, one in the living room and one in my bedroom. There is no electric blind but it's a manual curtain. I didn't expect much view because Macau weather is not very good most of time.

As for breakfast, i would say it's so so because there are not many food to choose from but the juice are fresh at least. The pool is empty and most of the guests seem only go there for gambling. So I have the entire pool on my own.

The good thing for all major hotel in Macau. There is a free shuttle bus connect you directly to the door from Ferry Terminal. So there is no need to catch taxi.

I would consider to stay there again next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were spoilt and stayed in a grand suite which was just superb in every way. Everything from the layout to the toiletries were without fault. The view from the room was second to none - and we enjoyed the benefits of a Nespresso machine in our room.

Lovely breakfast at Mezza and it's lovely to have a range of restaurants - everything from McDonalds to more elaborate venues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We didn't stay here but we had drinks in the lobby lounge before the House of Dancing Water show. The staff are really well trained and extremely helpful. I am writing this review though to praise the service and efficiency of the front of house staff in particular the front door. One of our party was elderly with mobility problems. At the end of the performance we decided to get a taxi from the Hyatt rather than the bus terminal. There was a lot of people wanting taxis after the performance and many of them not wanting to stand in line. The door staff a young man and woman organised a queue and arranged for one of our party to stand in the line while the rest of us waited in the lobby lounge. We were very impressed with their service orientation, training and efficiency and will stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've stayed at all the top hotels on the strip and this is my second favorite, after Banyan Tree. This hotel is the total package. I love the modern, beautiful suites and the pool is very nice and relaxing. As it is part of the City of Dreams complex, you can find many great restaurants and shops within. What especially stood out for me was the breakfast, the best breakfast on the strip in my opinion! Also, I love the fact that this place is not tourist infested like the Venetian complex is.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family