Grand Hyatt Macau
Nuwa(Macau)
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,137 results
All reviewsbeijing kitchenclub towerhouse of dancing waternespresso machinechinese teapeking duckother hotelsthe hard rock hotelliving roomking suitefountain viewrain showerdinner buffetwater showconstruction siteexcellent stayexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here one night on a business trip. Booked into the club level.

Checkin and out: Fast, efficient and friendly.

Room: Very good design, fantastic beds. Quiet. Loved it.

Club lounge: One of the best I have ever been. Very good quality food, nice selection of wines. They offer them only for a few hours...
Club team: Very friendly, more a friend experience than a service one.

Location: Close to the ferry terminal. Fine for business.

Overall: Very good hotel, good value, very good service. Will come again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This is s fabulous property and the service is great. Suggest you pay the extra for the club room. They are Huge and soooo comfy. Our club guest predinner canapes were served in their beautiful restaurant!! And really, no need for dinner after earing a selection of Asian tidbits, Western and mini desserts. Then went to the Dragons Treasure show which is complimentary for Hyatt guests or maybe just club guests? Great show, love the hotel and will be back when we can. Thanks to Randy too for all his advice.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've been staying in this hotel whenever i visit Macau during the weekend about every 6 weeks this year. The location is perfect for my purpose and the Club Tower rooms are roomy, modern and very comfortable with a large bathroom. I like this hotel because I feel there is more privacy with less weekend crowd when compared to the mob you see in Venetian and even in Galaxy hotels next door. However, the service needs improvements as the check-in and check-out process is long and the concierge is not very helpful. The restaurants in the hotel are most average and pricey and not many people use the pool or gym.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We spent just one night there to see the House of dancing water show. The hotel is great, rooms were huge with bedroom, livingroom and a big and clean bathroom with tub and shower. Check in was smooth, great service. We also had dinner at the Messa 9 on third floor, it was ok, but not exceptional. Quite pricy, especially the wine, and service so and so.
The show was great, dont miss it.
Location for us was ok because of the show, but it is on the other part of the city, so if you are interested in more than shopping and gambling....well then you should stay in town. But for what we came for this time it was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DrammenDrammen
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I must admit that I had some apprehension on booking the property given other reviewers claiming 2 hour waits on check-in and given the size of the property as well as others voicing concerns for the smell of smoke on non-smoking floors.

Let me DISPELL ALL SUCH CONCERNS as I am able to give this property high marks without reservation.

1. I was greeted at the front quick by a staffer who escorted me to a check-in counter with ZERO queue at around 12 noon on a date that the property was at high occupancy.

2. The check-in staffer then WALKED me to my room and pointed out the amenities. No hand-off to a porter.

3. The property had assigned a bed type that was different than my choice and I asked them to make up for it with a view. I was asked City or Sea - I choose the sea. I don't mind the construction site next door as seeing the airport strip and sea was pleasant.

4. The Room and the the FLOOR had NO SMOKE SMELL. I am very sensitive to the smell of smoke as well. I walked the entire floor I was on to have a look at the views and did not smell smoke AT ALL.

5. I would estimate my room at over 60 m2. There was a separate large sitting and small dining area separated from the bedroom in a way that hides the bedroom completely. The raw amount of window space permitted a lot of refreshing natural light into the premises. The shower had a rain shower head, traditional hand washer, and a bathing tub as well.

6. A nespresso machine with 6 shots was in the room as well as some a collection of several teas. I do not refer to the cheapest tea one can find but genuinely nice teas in both sealed bags and refillable jars.

PRO's
1. Check-In and Check-Out were simple
2. Lesser taxi queues and shuttle queues vs. Venetian or others where show is staying
3. Larger suites than most competing properties
4. Relatively new
5. Staff exceeded expectations for brand and location.
6. Nice tea/coffee collection.
7. Nice views.
8. Nice breeze in the front.
9. Northern restaurant downstairs does a fine Peking Duck and Excellent char shiu.

CONs
1. The tea/coffee cups are hard to handle when hot given lack of a handle.
2. Pool deck closes in evening limiting the places to sit and enjoy the breeze.

From the beginning this was a good experience and I suspected I would be giving them 5 stars at the beginning of the trip. All they had to do was keep the same pace of service. Well they did. It's a rare occasion when I feel comfortable offering the 5 without reservation.

I have stayed at many other properties in Macau over the years; and this was one of the smoothest experiences yet.

Also note that I tested 2 of the restaurants for the property. The first is in the lobby and is Northern. Peking Duck was excellent. One of the best I have had before. I will definitely repeat this location. I also ordered the char shiu pork as found it was on my top 3 list as well.

The second was Jade Dragon in the common mall area connected (cantonese). Jade does their Char Shiu with an Iberico (spanish I think) pork product and it was the best that I ever had. Their seared the outside and the inside was very juicy. Crispy pork was sold out so I could not evaluate.

I"LL BE BACK.

Room Tip: If you are tired of cities then look at the sea. If you like cities, then look at lights on the city side.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple