“Favorite place to stay in Macau”
Review of Grand Hyatt Macau

Grand Hyatt Macau
Ranked #8 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed here back in November 2010 and decided to stay here again. I saw that the Venetian was a little less but I prefer the modern design rooms at the Hyatt. Plus looking at the pictures of the rooms at the Venetian, it's almost the same as the one in Las Vegas. Checkin went smoothly and was given a room in the Grand Club Tower. Staff were friendly and even showed me how the room functioned even tough I already knew how things worked in the room. I reserved a King Suite like last time and received a room at the end of the floor which had a great view of the pool and venetian along with the rest of the City of Dreams property. The room layout was different from the past king suite but I liked it. The size of the room was large and the bed was very comfortable to sleep in. This version of the king suite has a bigger bath tub and the walkin closet was in the middle of the room. The fitness center at this property is excellent but wish it had a few more machines but it is good enough when on a vacation. The property has a shuttle bus that goes from the City of Dreams property to the MGM hotel in downtown and runs every 20 minutes until 9 PM I believe. There are several restaurants on the property to choose from but room service is pretty good and not too expensive compared to western hotels. I will probably stay here every time I go to Macau.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank EarnyinLA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed May 2, 2011

Stayed in the grand club level. Beautiful rooms, great location and grand club lounge is the best Hyatt has...period. Would highly recommend for those who don't want to stay right in the middle of the casino action although very close by. I love this hotel. Mezza9 Sunday brunch to die for.

1  Thank serviceobsessed
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon, the hotel is located within the city of dream complex across the road from the Venetian. It really is a stunning 5 hotel. The hotel is very modern but still elegant the staff did seem a little disconnected with western traveler's which may of being due to their limited English. The hotel offers an excellent gym with high tech equipment and an outdoor pool which I didn't use as it was very windy and cool when I was there. We ordered some room service on our first night as we arrived on late flight into Macau and most restaurant were closed by then. I have to say its probably one of the most delicious room service meals I've had and I had a few in my time as my husband works for a global luxury hotel chain. We did receive a nice welcome and congratulations card along with a bottle of french champagne from the Rooms Division Manager to congratulate us on our wedding which was a really nice surprise. I think the hotel would benefit in having some western employees around the public area within the busy periods to assist western travelers and really make them feel at home as this is currently lacking. There are fantastic restaurant within the hotel including a great patisserie in the lobby offering the most amazing treat for high tea. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Macau.

Room Tip: Club rooms are the pick!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelbugzSydney
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Grand Hyatt Macau, this is a fantastic Hotel in the City of Dreams near to other locations and resorts. The hotel is just stunning, the suites are very large, confortable, the lobby and the patisserie are impressive and the restaurant it is also very nice. The only downside is the service, not yet Hyatt standards, missing of little touches that you normally find in such hotels, for example no turn downs in the evening, no a little note or a chocolate for the “Good Night”.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2011

I have been traveling all my life. I am a senior citizen that uses a stick to walk. Macau is a great destination. The hotel facilities and service were superb. The hotel made everthing easy for me. The Grand Club lounge located on the ground floor is very practicle. The House of Dancing Water show in the adjacent theater was very enterntaining as was watching the action on the casino floor. I very much enjoyed my stay at Grand Hyatt Macau.

Room Tip: As for a Grand Club Room in the Grand Tower
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swissmaximilian
Reviewed April 27, 2011

the hotel is new with spacious and well-appointed suites that let in a lot of light. overall, i enjoyed my stay here and would recommend the hotel to my friends, however, there are still some kinks that need to be resolved:

1. the svc, though well-meaning, is somewhat lacking (e.g., no porters to accept our luggage upon arrival, and no staff to manage the taxi line, which gets really long during the day)
2. very slow internet - watched the nba playoffs online using the league pass, and it froze several times and never rendered the highest resolution. (at least it was free.)
3. they don't accept hyatt pts if you've purchased your stay from a discount purveyor (unlike some other hyatts)
4. the "ocean" view is pretty shabby, shoudl be much nicer when fully built up, but, right now, i would suggest getting a room w/ a pool view

3  Thank johnk348
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Best possible score for quiet, tasteful rooms and cleanliness. Free internet and TV with a fantastic sound system was a plus. The breakfast buffet was very good, and the staff aimed to please. The gym and pool looked great, although I didn't have time to use them. Is this a family friendly place? That depends. You don't have to worry about walking through clouds of second-hand smoke to get to your room like a certain big hotel across the street. Like many other hotels in this town, however, there are lots of prosties walking around, including one who tried to pretend she was in our group while we waited for the elevator so security wouldn't kick her out.

1  Thank tulipjones