“Macanese hospitality at its best!”
Review of Antonio Restaurant

Antonio Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 873 Restaurants in Macau
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Portuguese Cuisine Open Everyday From 12:00 Pm To 12:00 Pm Last Order - 10:30 Pm
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We happened on this restaurant in a quiet lane in old Taipa by chance when we found our long time favourite, O'Manel's, was closed. The dining room although rather small was comfortable and inviting with traditional decor. The menu had an extensive range of traditional and some not so traditional macanese/portugese dishes. The service was impecable and staff very friendly. The chorizo and sardines were superb, accompanied by a very fresh crunchy side salad, but the African chicken and chocolate mousse disappointed. The house red was excellent as were the very generous glasses of the portugese equivalent to Grappa which followed.
From what we saw of other dishes served around us there are some great meals to try on the next occasion we go to Macau, especially the seafood. We will certainly return here and would recommend this as an excellent, if rather high priced, place to dine out.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant restored my enthusiasm for Macau. Away from thje glitz of the casinos, and the shove of the mainlanders, it was an oasis in a quiet laneway. service was excellent; very attentive and quite informed. the food was delicious and too filling. When our taci driver was lost, they caqme and found us quite some distance. a charming corner of old Macaufa

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I believe this restaurant has seen better days, at least when it got this recommendation from Michelin. Normally I don't post reviews but after today's experience I feel it is a must that people get an understanding of what a bad service + under par food + unfair pricing is going on in this place. I am Portuguese and this restaurant claims to be also, however, the garlic prawns (frozen and more like shrimp) were under seasoned so bad that even the salt didn't want to come out from the dispenser, nothing tasted portuguese, the service was horrible, a tea took forever to come and no sugar was provided. Don't know what those chefs have against salt but everything was tasteless! Maybe over concerned over customer's health? They could have thought about that when setting up a dining area without any emergency fire escapes. when you pay 420Mop or 52USD for a steak on the stone (naco na pedra) you're hoping for something outstanding, well this was not the case. The steak was chopped into slices and grilled on a not so cold stone. The garnish was some ugly very disgusting French fries that I had to send back and (check this out) two pieces of pineapple, an old banana sliced in half, two strings of asparagus on a lettuce leaf - WHAT?? The server was so clueless of what that plate was for as much as I was. It was dropped on the table and I felt embarrassed. 50 dollars!! For real?! I never felt so robbed. Left hungry, disappointed and speechless because once again I was victim of a buzz and hype that serves tourist fools who don't mind to overpay. Michelin recommendation? Yeah right, never to trust that again.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend deside to try Antonio restaurant cos we see Michelin recommendation . What a mistake . Food is horrible and overpriced. We order garlick prawn and meet on stoun . Instead of prawn we get shrimps and they was not fresh and no salt at all . Meet on stoun was a joke. Stoun was almost cold so waiter cannot even fry meet on it . We get half cooked meet and also no salt . I think they have some issue with salt there . After we left we get feeling like we was robbed . I will not recommend this place to any one . Waist of money and time . For price they charge you can fine much better place to eat in Macau .

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a small place. I tried to get a table here more than three times in the past and failed. Do not try to come here without a reservation!

Wine selection is good. Food is traditional Portugnese and is excellent. There is no need for a suggestion. Everything on the menu is great! By the way, the restaurant also has a dessert place across the street. It is a good choice to visit after a nice hearty dinner.