“Be prepare to be treated like an idiot.”

Crown Towers at City of Dreams
Ranked #38 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Hong Kong
“Be prepare to be treated like an idiot.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I spent 1 night with my girl and my parents at this hotel in late August for my birthday.
Before staying I had high expectations in this hotel but it turned out to be rather unpleasant experience.

to be honest, the hotel itself is very nice.
The second you stepped into the lobby it stunned me with the elegant design and layout.
Check in is okay, while staff is very nice and kind.
I booked 2 Premier King bed rooms and I had 1 room at 15th floor and 1 room at 21st floor.
The room is nicely designed, decorated and I had a stunning view over the Cotai strip.
Its over 2K HKD per night but I gotta say its worth every dollar.

I also visited the pool in the afternoon and the gym in the next day morning.
Both facilities is awesome with deep impression.
For example free drinks by the pool and iced Pokari sweat at the gym.
I also asked the Concierge if there are any buffet near COD and he told me there are no buffet in COD but he will check and get back to me.
After 10 mins, he checked and gave me all the details I wish to know and I gotta say its very nice. Feels like VIP.
I even got a free cake with "happy b-day Mr. Wan" on it.

So far, every part is nothing but perfection but it took a steep dive when I checked out.
In the next day morning my father asked me did I used the coffee machine in room, and I was like what? Because there are NO coffee machine in my room. along with a iPhone docking.

So I asked the front desk staff why the set up is different when I was checking out.
At first I got the reply is "The set up will be different depending on floors."
To me this is simply unacceptable, so it means if you got lucky you get a cup of joe.
And my luck just ran out when I was checking-in.
Anyway I know arguing with the front desk staff is totally meaningless so I asked the contact of the manager. By that time I suspect the front desk staff knew they screwed up and tried to cover it up.
By the time my father checked out, the front desk tell him a second reason is "The room at 21st floor got an upgrade. So the set up is different."
OMG, are you even being serious? I stayed at room 1589 and my father stayed at 2187.
The rooms is basically next to each other, the layout, the view and everything is identical. Except for the coffee machine and iPhone docking of course.
So is it my father is staying at room type "Premier King with coffee" and I am staying at room type "Premier King"?
I felt being treated like an idiot and I felt extremely offended.
The coffee machine is not the important at all. All I wanted was the truth and an apology.
But instead I was treated like an idiot.
The management really need to fix this and start to educate the staff, it is the attitude and heart that matters.

Anyway, if you want to be treated like an idiot, feel free to stay at the crown towers.

Room Tip: Higher floors = better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank JustinW797

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Recently stayed at Crown Towers at COD and the service I received from all the staff was superb. All staff were attentive , professional and were trained to anticipate my needs. Highly recommended if its with in your budget

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

You will not be disappointed staying at this amazing hotel, My wife booked a premier king room at the hotel on line without fuss, and everything that was promised was given.We check in with the assistance of Vicki a young lady that is so dedicated and passionate about her career she could not do enough for us going well beyond what any traveller would expect for example, Vicky arranged and escort to take my wife and I to our room who then intern took the time to show us how every thing in the room worked from the safe, TV, lights TV in the bathroom to the electric curtains. After coming to terms and settling down in this amazing room we headed down stairs were Vicky had arranged VIP tickets for us to see The House of Dancing water show. This is a show to see whist in Macau it is captivating, amazing, exhilarating you just can not take your eyes off the performance.
To sum up our stay at the Crown, Just amazing, Great show, good variety of restaurants,easy underground air conditioned access to the Venetian and shops, Amazing professional staff, fantastic neat,clean room with an amazing view over to the Venetian hotel

Room Tip: We had an amazing room with a view over to the Venetian on level 33
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just wonderful, Right from the beginning,check in through e mail, luxury of a suit overlooking Venetian hotel,great Bath tub, Great bed,special request by us for making a veg Dish for us in breakfast and late check out which was honored.We had booked this hotel with a Dancing of Water show from the City Of Dreams site and we got a very reasonable deal which included 2 tickets of House of dancing water show, 2 tickets of Dragon Show and 2 breakfasts and all this in 2596 MOP plus 15 percent tax.This was our stay till time.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor overlooking Venetian hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Even though the hotel is located in the busy City of Dreams Complex, the sense of tranquility you get when you step into the hall way of Crown Towers is completely amazing. Totally unlike other casino-based hotel that are crowded with site-seeing travels or guests. For the rooms and amenities, keywords are spacious, luxurious and tasteful. And must ask for a room with a view pointed at Venetian. At night, the view will definitely make you linger and distract you from going to the casino for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Regularly stayed at Crown and I have to say that my last stay is a disappointed one.

If you are very particular about hotel towels, this is a hotel to avoid. The towels are either stained or the thread runs.

4 years into business and there is already mold growing around the bath tub suggesting lack of maintenance. And Crown tower is meant to be the best hotels out of the three situated in City of Dreams.

If you must stay at Crown, the advice is, bring your own towels

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Pohim
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed July 9, 2013

A bit busy...but very convenient place to stay. There are free shuttle from Taipa port to hotels. Walking distance to other nice hotels and shopping places. Great pool, access to nice affordable restaurants.

Room Tip: Choose one facing the pool area...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family