“love it”

Ranked #17 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Jakarta, Indonesia
“love it”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

arrived after a tiring day trip on 4pm, fast check in, and got an extra hour check out time. stayed one night here booked the package with house of dancing water C class ticket , free dragon treasure show and breakfast. room is very comfortable but what i dont prefer is the toilet in a separate room than the bath room. great view from the room toward venetian. highly recommended.and request for higher floor. breakfast was just ok. free shuttle from citi of dreams to venetian, and few other major casinos, and to ferry terminal. i would recommend to just walk from city of dreams to venetian just across the lobby with a nice view especially at night.

Room Tip: request for higher floor facing venetian
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HardRockMacau, Manager at The Countdown, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with us. It is only through continuous and objective feedback from guests such as yourself, that we are able to review and improve upon the facilities and services that we provide to ensure that we are meeting; if not exceeding your expectations. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that each and every guest that chooses to stay or visit the Hard Rock Hotel has a memorable time.

It is definitely very motivated and encouraging to know that we have made your stay a pleasant and memorable one. We will continuously striving for better service and we look forward to welcome you back to Hard Rock Macau.

Hotel Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

As per the hotel policy, we can only check in at 3pm. I reached the hotel at 1pm, at first the receptionist (a lady , I should have taken down her name) told me that "u r lucky, we have a room now so you can check in earlier..." after we have waited for 10 mins (while she was SLOWLY doing her check in procedure) she said "oh , im sorry, something wrong with the arrangement, we can only let you check in later".
Well, im totally fine with that, so I told her i will leave my luggage there and come back to check in later at 3pm (in fact, she said i can chect in at 2.30pm).
I went to the town area and walked the old street. I went back to hotel at 4.30pm and i thought i should have my room ready so i can have a nice rest.
BUT, when i reached hotel and went to the same receptionist, THE ROOM WAS NOT READY YET!!!! she started to ring to different person to check which room is ready.... that was already almost 5pm!!!!! i thought our room should be ready latest by 3pm????????? she told me to wait for another 10 mins as the cleaner is tidy up the room....
im very very very very very dissapointed with this kind of service, the receptionist did apologies but i don't see any sincerity. If there were a lot of guest checking in, i will be considerate, but there were no other guest checking in except us!
With the same price, i would rather stay in Sintra with a lot cheaper price and pay slighly higher to stay in Venetian.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HardRockMacau, Manager at The Countdown, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam

Please allow me to introduce myself as the Hotel Operations Manager of the Hard Rock Hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to your arrival experience. It is only through continuous and objective feedback from guests such as yourself, that we are able to review and improve upon the facilities and services that we provide to ensure that we are meeting; if not exceeding your expectations. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that each and every guest that chooses to stay or visit the Hard Rock Hotel has a memorable time.

It is definitely discouraging to know that your experience was not pleasant as we were unable to accommodate your request. Please accept my apologies that we were not able to deliver the experience you were hoping for. I have investigated the matter with our Front Office Manager, Ms. Mandy Lee and believe that we could have handled the situation better.

Sir/ Madam, I can understand your sentiments from this unpleasant experience. I definitely take on your comments as feedback on improving our services. Once again, I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for any possible inconvenience. I do hope we have the chance to provide you with a true taste of what the Hard Rock Hotel service is renowned for.

We certainly hope you will allow us an opportunity to recover your confidence in our services and allow us to extend the equality of service you truly deserve. If you have any plan of visiting Macau in near future, please do contact me (conniekaw@cod-macau.com) or my Front Office Manager, Ms. Mandy Lee (mandyhclee@cod-macau.com) directly so that we can personally take care of your future arrangements for you.

(+853 8868 6227)
Jakarta
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love this hotel, Located on City of Dream, close to any major casino, have free shuttle bus from airport and Ferry terminal. I will stay again in this hotel for sure and recommend to other traveler.

Room Tip: Book in advance to get cheaper rate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hard rock sits across the road from the Ventian. Basically the rooms are as all other hard rocks. It's nice, it's priced competively for the hotels in Macau. The casino is nice. Highly recommend ......

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Excellent Service with big smile!
Room is very large & comfortable, great view in higher level
good facilities!
I bought the package with two tickets for House of Dancing Water which was so much cheaper than buying them separately. We call the room service for cleaning rubbish bin and re-fill the shampoo only, but they gave full set bathing set and re-fill the fruits for free. And they also provide the cleaning for leather shoes. It is free! We just stay at room and wait for 10 mins and the shoes are ready. My room face to City of dream and airport without noise. Great stay here!

Room Tip: choose corner suites has good view

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We bought the package with house of dancing water had a great stay 2 adults 2 young kids.....What a FUN hotel. BIG rooms, clean, hotel staff where very good we needed two cots and still lots of space, Loved the bathroom in the middle of the room, great views looking out onto the Venetian.

There is a kids play zone upstairs not part of the hotel which kids loved.

Show was excellent and lots to do around hotel.

Great Stay and Kids also enjoyed it was a Fun trip

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a suite, and it was quite nice, overlooking the pool and the venetian. Check in was a little bit slow, but the staff was courteous. When we got to our room, someone was in there with their phone just talking on it, we surprised her, and she went out leaving all her stuff, and came back in saying she was replacing the apple. That evening we came back to find a house keeping cart completely blocking our suite door, so we moved it to get in, and again found someone in the bedroom of our suite. Nothing was said, except "Hello" and (presumably for turn down service) he proceded to take around 20 minutes of awkwardness while he did (I'm not sure, moved a few pillows, remade the bed, and replenished the water). The lack of any explanation and the disregard for our comfort was a bit off putting. My wife was alarmed, and didn't feel comfortable after that, feeling that people were just coming and going from our room as they pleased.

That being said the room was quite nice, very spacious, clean, I'd rate it a 4*, the reason it gets a 2* review here is the food at the Hard Rock Cafe. DO NOT EAT THERE! We had a show to go be at by 19:30 so the restaurant options in City of Dreams at that time, (really nothing nice is open for a 17:00 reservation) This was our fault for timing, but the food at the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner was revolting. I had a burger that was completely flavourless, and so messy to eat that it fell apart 1/2 way through. The fries were over-done and no seasoning had been applied to them either. It's obvious that everything comes pre-frozen here. My wife had nacho's and they were pretty uninspiring as well, very flat on the plate, minimal toppings, but that said it's hard to screw up nacho's too much, they were edible.

The breakfast buffet at the Hard Rock Cafe was just as bad, if not worse. I really didn't want to eat there again, but since we had it for free my wife (always frugal) insisted we go. We got there around 9:00 and were seated quickly, and the seating process was the highlight. My wife had some fruit and the congee, which again, is hard to mess up, but she said it was the worst congee she had eaten. I tried a few things, the hash browns tasted like they were cooked when it opened at 7:30, and left under a very underpowered heat lamp. The dim sum dumplings were tolerable. The fruit was OK, but seemed a bit flavourless. The omelet station was unmanned, and after we were nearly finished someone finally came to ask us if we wanted an omelet. Since my wife was nearly finished, and I thought that the quality of the omelet would be similar to the quality of everything else we said no. He disappeared again, leaving about 20 other customers without any offer of an omelet by the time we left.

If you're staying there, eat elsewhere, and eat later. There are some really great restaurants in the hotels, or around Taipa.

I often go to Macau, but this was the first time I stayed in Taipa, if I were going to stay in Taipa again, I don't think I would consider this hotel, as City of Dreams isn't the most interesting of the malls there, and the food options were just so horrific and limited (in the whole property for an early dining time) that I think you could find better offerings for a comparable price. If you're not seeing a show, the room is great, and you can definitely arrange for a better meal elsewhere and enjoy your stay a lot more.

Dear Sir

Please allow me to introduce myself as the Hotel Operations Manager of the Hard Rock Hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to your experience staying with us. It is only through continuous and objective feedback from guests such as yourself, that we are able to review and improve upon the facilities and services that we provide to ensure that we are meeting; if not exceeding your expectations. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that each and every guest that chooses to stay or visit the Hard Rock Hotel has a memorable time.

It is definitely discouraging to know that your experience was not pleasant as we were unable to meet the basic requirement of service. Please accept my apologies that we were not able to deliver the experience you were hoping for. I have investigated the matter with our Executive Housekeeper, Sebastian Aw and believe that we could have handled the situation better and definitely a re-training for the room attendant on this particular situation is a must.

And on behalf of Hard Rock Café, we would like to apologies again for the less than stellar product delivery. This certainly is not our usual Hard Rock Café standard and thanks again for your frank review, and for coming back to us in our direct mail exchange. This has allowed us to address weak spots with immediate and targeted training efforts, so that neither you and your family nor any of our other passionate patrons have to endure any similar, below par experience.