“Love it!”
Review of The Countdown

The Countdown
Ranked #19 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here for one night as part of the Dancing Water show package. The hotel is trendy and the room is very comfortable. We had a room facing the Venetian which offered a very nice view. There are free shuttles between the hotel and different points of Macau which made it very convenient. The free breakfast at the hard rock cafe was also excellent with both chinese and western varieties. The only odd layout in the room (and it's in our room and also in the suite that my friends stayed at) is that the toilet is in a separate tiny room outside of the bathroom that has the sink and the bathtub/shower. It felt quite castraphobic while in the tiny enclosed toilet room and also you wouldn't be able to wash your hands rightafter!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Countdown

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was a belated Christmas present to my wife and me from our son, who lives in Hong Kong and has already stayed there. Very classy hotel, crammed with rock memorabilia. We were only booked in for one night, but we were welcome to make use of the superb pool even after we had checked out. Spacious bedroom with wifi, ipod dock, huge flat screen t.v., large en-suite, clean and well-furnished. Excellent bars and restaurants. Would definitely like to stay there again, but for longer !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we've been given a great room - 28th floor, 2865, view to the Venetian, full-height windows, nicely equipped and decorated, the staff is trained very well. You can enjoy restaurants and casino not only in City of Dreams, but in Venetian that is just accross the road and other hotels. Shuttle buses are very convenient. Food in the restaurants for dinner and lunch was tasty.

through the room is called non-smoking, the smell of sigarettes is still in there (maybe, from past times). I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep, but in the end the ventilation was ok and I slept well. there were just two tiny bottles of still water in the room, other drinks were in mini-bar and no still water there..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khenaro
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Purpose of the visit was to watch the House of Dancing Water show and as this show was being played at the City of Dreams - for convenience we stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Upon arrival at the Macau Ferry Terminal - the City of Dreams shuttle bus took us straight there which took approximately 20min depending on traffic. And returning back to the Ferry Terminal, we took the same bus back. There is also the Taipa Ferry Terminal which would be more convenient and has the same shuttle bus service but the convenient time for our Ferry meant arriving at the Macua Ferry Terminal.

There are a selection of restaurants in the City of Dreams however, if you want something that is simple, quick and at a reasonable price - the restaurant that we ordered from was the one within the Casino itself (chinese cuisine). The meals were quite large sized, so we did walk out feeling content.

This hotel was great for a 1 night stay for our purposes. The rooms are large, clean and bedding was perfect for us. Only thing that I did not like was the shower over bathtub but is not a show stopper and most hotels that I have stayed at is this bathroom/shower layout. BUT it was clean and decent size which most of us would look at when selecting hotels.

My first time visit to Macau I had stayed at the Venetian which is only a short walk from the Hard Rock Hotel.

In summary - we had a great stay at this hotel and would recommend this hotel if you are purely there for a show and do not have a lot of time to wander around. Or if you prefer to stay at a hotel that is more "hip" then this is the place to stay. Otherwise - Venetian too is a great hotel to stay for the 'venice feeling" and shopping downstairs!!! Either way - both hotels are great to stay at. I would stay at the Hard Rock again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AVKT
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I looove this hotel! It's soo hip, not like all the other hotels doing all the same thing. First, I love the colors --- silver, gun metal and deep red! Plus, they have killer speakers in the room so you can blast the music and party in your own room!
Excellent service at the reception. People are just scrambling to assist you, whether to get your luggage or offer you complimentary water that come in vodka-shaped bottles. Cute!
The pool area is just so-so.. not really something young kids would get excited about. This hotel is more for adults, not really families with young kids.
I love that music is everywhere.. and hip, current music, not classical or Enya.
The buffet breakfast was also delicious! They have the best croissants. Remember to eat their famous burger too.
Hard Rock is excellent -- service and room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ambie7
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had stay in 10fl. it got 1 bedroom 1 living room, and separate bathroom and toilet
my bed room staying with a such beautiful view of Venetian macau The whole building and lake just nicely opposite your bedroom I don't wanna go out anywhere I spend a night with my bed with this plus champagne and Hard rock plates of chocolate
Here breakfast, I has picked an Egg tarts everyday it so awesome!! ( seriously)
I love congee and everything yummy!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Queeny_May
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Hard Rock Macau (HRM) in May 2012 while holidaying in HK & Macau. The experience was good. So I have returned to stay 4 nights at the HRM again in Oct 2012 to reaffirm that its quality is consistent.
I would say I was not disappointed. The service and room qualities are just as good as my first stay. Such consistent quality is a reflection of a good hotel.
The standard room that I stayed in both times is spacious and comfortable. Comtemporarily designed and furnished. Front desk staffs are helpful and engaging both times I stayed there. The room rates are very reasonable for its quality.

The HRM is one of 3 hotels in the City of Dreams casino "integrated resort". The other 2 being Hyatt and Crowne. On the ground floor there is a shopping arcade filled with fashion brand name shops, restuarants and cafes. Along it are 2-3 access entrances into the casino.

Dining at the Hard Rock Cafe in the HRM is unfortunately only an average experience. On the other hand the Beijing Kitchen (not in HRM but in City of Dream) is quite delightful. There is a food court for budget eating called the Food Paradise somewhere on the second floor. Not the most exciting place in term of food varieties on offer but a great view down onto the water feature at the front of the City of Dreams casino and across to the Venetian casino.

When in Macau one MUST NOT miss the Water Dance show in the City of Dream. It's simply spectacular.

The City of Dreams is adjacent to the Venetian and Sands casinos. The Galaxy casino is about 5 minutes drive away. Amongst all the major casinos in Cotai part of Macau they provide enough shuttle bus services to/from almost everywhere in Macau (ferry terminal, airport, city, inter-casinos ...... ).

I would not hesistate to recommend it to any fellow traveller who is visiting Macau.

Kewlmeister