“Sufficient English. Good value. Good hotel.”
Review of Casa Real Hotel

Casa Real Hotel
Ranked #41 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I choose casa real hotel. If was the best value for money I found on the internet. Check in was easy easy. Went to room . Very nice. More than expected . Better than photo. Can go anywhere easily. Taxi pick up in front of hotel. Did not wait at all. I think most hotels have taxi pick ups though. When we got back from our night on the town the lock could not open. We could could not call front desk for service. So had to go downstairs to get someone with a masterkey ( card ) to open the door. This happened every time during our 3 night stay. They did give us new cards but the new cards were.just as useless. No discount or free breakfast or anything was offered. I asked on the second night if they could switch us to another room. And got handed new cards for the second time. The food was good. For the price even better. The bellboys are the best and also the friendliest. Casino standard Macau style. Boring dealers , very few smiles. This is the same for.most casinos in Macau.
Would I stay there again ? ... Yes.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank SuidAfrikanerInAsia
There are newer reviews for Casa Real Hotel

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Spent a short holiday in Macau and stayed in this hotel for 3 days. This is an average hotel amongst the luxurious ones in Macau, with its own casino.
The location is both good and bad. the good point is it is close to the ferry terminal to Hong Kong, so rather convenient to have a day trip there or even just to take a shuttle bus from the terminal which is provided free by most major casinos to their places. The bad point is besides the ferry terminal and the Macau Fisherman's Wharf, there is no other attraction within walking distance.
The room is decent and clean, with adequate amenities.
The service is satisfactory, with polite and helpful staff, having fairly good command in English.
The buffet lunch is of reasonable price, considering the standard of living there. The food is tasty even though not too much varity.
The indoor swimming pool looks great with cosy environment, but clearly under utilized by the guests.
There is an exclusive non-smoking floor, good for family with kids.
The in-house casino is of considerable size, convenient for those who want to try out luck.

Room Tip: Ask for the non-smoking room if you are not a smoker. Book breakfast or lunch in advance when checki...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Overall good. We booked via Air-Asia Go, without breakfast & in view of early flight the next morning, so we pay MOP 210 for breakfast (3 pax). 30% off upon check-in. Clean room & toilet made our stay more pleasant. The staff is also very friendly & helpful to remind me there is a jacket left in our room when check-out. Near to one of the attraction : Macau Fisherman's Wharf (walking distance). After visited the Venetian, we took its bus to Macau Ferry Terminal & there is free shuttle bus to Casa Real.
We did try our luck at the casino too. only one thing not convenient to us is WIFI is only available at the lobby. Only free wired-internet service avail at room. Breakfast, not much choice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 38Daph
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I booked in this hotel through macau.com and i booked elite room double which comes with a double bed for me n my wife n i was very excited to go there,but when i reached there i was told that they can only give me elite room twins which comes with two single bed what the hell (they want us to sleep seperate)
when i asked her i booked for a double bed n what she replyed was when i booked through net it was already full,and i cant cancell my booking,so i got no choice. i was really pissed. atleast they could have informed me.
the room was nice and clean but again the only view i could see was others room.\
so i wont recommend anyone to go there especially if u r on a honney moon or vacation wid ur wife coz they will seperate U.with no choice left

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beekrum
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Though I did not stay at this hotel, I have to say that even though I booked 3 rooms at this hotel through Macau.com with 100% advance payment, they cancelled my booking with only 3 days to spare.

Very unprofessional operations.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Upon arriving from Hong Kong on the TurboJet, we could not find the bus stop for the hotel shuttle. Dismayed, we waited for almost 30 minutes in line for taxi. The short 3 minute ride took us to the hotel. I was told that i was difficult to walk to the hotel from the ferry, but looking through our hotel window I could see clearly where the ferry terminal was. Perhaps there is more than meets the eye.

The room was spacious and clean. All the amenities was available, including white cotton robes. We had a non-smoking room. Upon checking in, the receptionists warned us that there will be stiff fine if we were caught smoking in the room.

The bed was comfortable and everything worked as expected. The only down side is that there was no "clean-looking" restaurants around the hotel. Aside from another hotel, there is nothing for us to find a place to eat. The area surrounding the hotel is also dark and creepy...

Service at the hotel was good. Internet connection was mixed bag, but free.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Normally, I will take photos of the hotel room and post on tripadvisor but this hotel, I do not find the need to as they look exactly as they are on the website, new and clean.

Made 2 different bookings for 2 rooms from Agoda.com and Hotels.com
Pleasantly surprised when upgraded for free with Agoda booking. Both same price. Hotels.com gave me the Welcome Rewards of stay 10 nights and get 1 night free. Check in was speedy with no fuss. Requested for non-smoking room which is at level 8 (the only floor that is for non-smoker).

No free shuttle to hotel from airport. Free shuttle only from ferry terminal, which is about 500m away from hotel. Taxi costs HKD80 from airport for 4 people with 5 pieces of luggage.

Rooms are newly refurbished and cleaned up daily even though without request. Towels were changed daily too. Though not all the amenities like tooth brush, shampoo etc were given every day but adequate and I am sure they will bring them to you upon request. Nothing was lost even though I had my iPad placed on table for charging and went out sight seeing. Bravo to the housekeeping department.

Bath tub is truly a heaven for a soak after long walk during the day. Hot water for the bath was very consistent and full. You can fill the whole tub with same temperature of hot water and fast.

The wall posted LCD TV is awesome. About 30 channels including AXN, HBO, Discovery, Bloomberg and ESPN. Also have Japanese channels. Chinese channels also inclusive of TVB.

Free wifi at lobby with good speed. Didn't use the LAN in room as I didn't bring my lap top.

Indoor heated swimming pool and gym on 5th floor. Pleasantly surprised by the hot water pool, which is under utilized. Gym is small but adequate. Our flight was at late night and we requested to use the pool and shower after check out to refresh ourselves before flying home, was granted.

The concierge booked us a van to the airport for HKD 150 as we have extra luggage after shopping.

Casino in Casa Real Hotel is limited to some Baccarat tables, 1 Roulette machine (min bet HKD 5), 1 SIC BO machine (min bet HKD 5) and not more than 50 not-so-new slots machines.
If you like slot machines, no worry as Oceanus casino is just around the corner of about 300m walk. Oceanus casino has 1 Roulette table of HKD 20 minimum bet. QAuite a number of new slot machines. Free drinks like coffee, tea or water can be requested from the tea lady that walk around the casino with tray in hand. No obligation to tip her. A bit further about 600m walk is Sands Casino with even more variety.

If you want to explore Taipa area or go to Venetian, City of Dreams or galaxy hotel, you can take the free shuttle from hotel to the ferry terminal, then take the free shuttle to Venetian from there.

If you want to explore St Paul Ruins, just take a taxi, cost not more than HKD 20 and easy to get a taxi from the front of hotel.

Overall, I am very pleased with the stay at Casa Real Hotel and highly recommend to anyone with the budget of about USD140/nite. If you have a party of 4 pax and don't mind sharing a room and a bathroom, I would recommend Hyatt twin suite at Taipa. It will cost about USD280/nite and can fit 4 to 6 persons (2 Queen beds and L shape sofa) and much much grander and nicer. Avoid Venetian. Venetian is overpriced and furniture is tired. Go for Grand Hyatt if you have the budget for Venetian.

Room Tip: Level 8 is the only level that is smoke free. Request for 8th floor if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple