“very very unprofessional”

Ranked #41 of 96 Hotels in Macau
Hong Kong, China
“very very unprofessional”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I booked in this hotel through macau.com and i booked elite room double which comes with a double bed for me n my wife n i was very excited to go there,but when i reached there i was told that they can only give me elite room twins which comes with two single bed what the hell (they want us to sleep seperate)
when i asked her i booked for a double bed n what she replyed was when i booked through net it was already full,and i cant cancell my booking,so i got no choice. i was really pissed. atleast they could have informed me.
the room was nice and clean but again the only view i could see was others room.\
so i wont recommend anyone to go there especially if u r on a honney moon or vacation wid ur wife coz they will seperate U.with no choice left

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beekrum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Goa
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Though I did not stay at this hotel, I have to say that even though I booked 3 rooms at this hotel through Macau.com with 100% advance payment, they cancelled my booking with only 3 days to spare.

Very unprofessional operations.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Upon arriving from Hong Kong on the TurboJet, we could not find the bus stop for the hotel shuttle. Dismayed, we waited for almost 30 minutes in line for taxi. The short 3 minute ride took us to the hotel. I was told that i was difficult to walk to the hotel from the ferry, but looking through our hotel window I could see clearly where the ferry terminal was. Perhaps there is more than meets the eye.

The room was spacious and clean. All the amenities was available, including white cotton robes. We had a non-smoking room. Upon checking in, the receptionists warned us that there will be stiff fine if we were caught smoking in the room.

The bed was comfortable and everything worked as expected. The only down side is that there was no "clean-looking" restaurants around the hotel. Aside from another hotel, there is nothing for us to find a place to eat. The area surrounding the hotel is also dark and creepy...

Service at the hotel was good. Internet connection was mixed bag, but free.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Normally, I will take photos of the hotel room and post on tripadvisor but this hotel, I do not find the need to as they look exactly as they are on the website, new and clean.

Made 2 different bookings for 2 rooms from Agoda.com and Hotels.com
Pleasantly surprised when upgraded for free with Agoda booking. Both same price. Hotels.com gave me the Welcome Rewards of stay 10 nights and get 1 night free. Check in was speedy with no fuss. Requested for non-smoking room which is at level 8 (the only floor that is for non-smoker).

No free shuttle to hotel from airport. Free shuttle only from ferry terminal, which is about 500m away from hotel. Taxi costs HKD80 from airport for 4 people with 5 pieces of luggage.

Rooms are newly refurbished and cleaned up daily even though without request. Towels were changed daily too. Though not all the amenities like tooth brush, shampoo etc were given every day but adequate and I am sure they will bring them to you upon request. Nothing was lost even though I had my iPad placed on table for charging and went out sight seeing. Bravo to the housekeeping department.

Bath tub is truly a heaven for a soak after long walk during the day. Hot water for the bath was very consistent and full. You can fill the whole tub with same temperature of hot water and fast.

The wall posted LCD TV is awesome. About 30 channels including AXN, HBO, Discovery, Bloomberg and ESPN. Also have Japanese channels. Chinese channels also inclusive of TVB.

Free wifi at lobby with good speed. Didn't use the LAN in room as I didn't bring my lap top.

Indoor heated swimming pool and gym on 5th floor. Pleasantly surprised by the hot water pool, which is under utilized. Gym is small but adequate. Our flight was at late night and we requested to use the pool and shower after check out to refresh ourselves before flying home, was granted.

The concierge booked us a van to the airport for HKD 150 as we have extra luggage after shopping.

Casino in Casa Real Hotel is limited to some Baccarat tables, 1 Roulette machine (min bet HKD 5), 1 SIC BO machine (min bet HKD 5) and not more than 50 not-so-new slots machines.
If you like slot machines, no worry as Oceanus casino is just around the corner of about 300m walk. Oceanus casino has 1 Roulette table of HKD 20 minimum bet. QAuite a number of new slot machines. Free drinks like coffee, tea or water can be requested from the tea lady that walk around the casino with tray in hand. No obligation to tip her. A bit further about 600m walk is Sands Casino with even more variety.

If you want to explore Taipa area or go to Venetian, City of Dreams or galaxy hotel, you can take the free shuttle from hotel to the ferry terminal, then take the free shuttle to Venetian from there.

If you want to explore St Paul Ruins, just take a taxi, cost not more than HKD 20 and easy to get a taxi from the front of hotel.

Overall, I am very pleased with the stay at Casa Real Hotel and highly recommend to anyone with the budget of about USD140/nite. If you have a party of 4 pax and don't mind sharing a room and a bathroom, I would recommend Hyatt twin suite at Taipa. It will cost about USD280/nite and can fit 4 to 6 persons (2 Queen beds and L shape sofa) and much much grander and nicer. Avoid Venetian. Venetian is overpriced and furniture is tired. Go for Grand Hyatt if you have the budget for Venetian.

Room Tip: Level 8 is the only level that is smoke free. Request for 8th floor if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jentmy
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The rooms have been newly renovated, and we were upgraded for free - our room was very big.The staff is kind, helpful. The slight drawbacks were that communication in English was not always difficult, and the western breakfast items (ordered thru rm service) were really unappetizing.

• Stayed March 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The hotel just simple...nothing special but what i loved is the concierge staff's always help us to talk with the taxi driver & explain where we want to go as most of the taxi driver;s in Macau can't speak English. Its really help us a lot....keep your good job, guys....and we will come to see you again the end or March 2012.

PS: they have free broadband internet in every rooms....and the internet connection really good....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is my first time staying in this Hotel at Macau. It is an ideally located opposite The Fisherman Wharf. The shuttle bus service is convenient to get you around to other casinos.
The Concierge Staff are friendly and ever readynto assist visitor. The room which I stayed is very cosy and comfortable. The indoor swimming pool and the gym are really good as I enjoyed during my three nights stay. Not forgetting the Staff at Pena Restaurant where they serve the daily breakfasts, with their courteous services. The speciality there is also your own choice of ingredients for your porridge.
I am greatly pleased with their overall service and will surely return again during my next visit to Macau

Room Tip: Choose a non- smoking floor. I stayed on the 8 Floor., facing the Lighthouse
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple