“A restaurant you could enjoy is the extravagency and vanity”
Review of The Eight

The Eight
Ranked #18 of 783 Restaurants in Macau
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Frankly speaking, I have been this restaurant thrice. The first time definitely was full of surprise, the beautiful big crytal ball-like light and the cyber look of gold fish swimming undearth the doorway. However, apart from the expensiveness, I really do not think the quality of food matches the price. Do take my advice, go to the old hotel and enjoy the real Chiu-chow food there especially the lunch. Spend less money but more tasty foods.

1  Thank Amy3344

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went there for Dim Sim, absolutely beaufiful !! They were so nicely done, the prawns dumplings and the pork bun were the best. The atmosphere was comfortable, not really long like other chinese restaurants. The services were appropriate. And the little gold fishes, nice. Great value for money too.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to The Eight quite late in the evening after a show as friends of ours from HK recommended it to us. To get to it you need to walk through the Grand Lisboa, which can get very confusing if you are trying to get directions in english. Because we were late we had the whole place to ourselves, which made the experience even better i suppose. The decor of the place was great, every little detail of it was well thought out. The service was absolutely top class, the maitre d, Luigi approached us and offered help with planning out menu for the evening, which we left for to him to organise (I HIGHLY recommend that you ask for this if you are willing to be more adventurous and experience more authentic food). Every dish was absolutely spectacular - I wish I could say what they were called though, but since he sorted it for us I have no idea haha.
Moreover, because of the fantastic service and decor of the place, we expected it to be very pricey - but we were pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived and it wasn't much more than we would spend in an average restaurant.

Over all, the Eight was one of the highlight of our Macau trip. I recommend it highly.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Best dimsum in town!! If you come to macau you must try this 8 restaurant, the presentation of the dimsum is full of art..service is good.. the price is reasonable and they give small welcome food and mini egg tart for dessert as complimentary!! The egg tart is so yummyy.. love this restaurant! Will come back next time..

1  Thank henyberry
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Cozy and stylist environment with excellent dim sum. I have been there for more than 5 times and there isn't any single time which has disappointment. The dim sum presentation is just like a piece of art and of perfect taste. I also tried the suckling pig rice which is truly delicious but a little bit on the oily side, so if you don't want too oily food, make sure that you have to pair it with some strong tea to digest it well.

One tip for all, at least 2 weeks advanced reservation should be made, or just try to go at 14:30 and see if you have luck to get a seat without booking.

Overall, thumbs up.

Been to The Eight? Share your experiences!