“Special Chinese Cuisine”

Ranked #21 of 776 Restaurants in Macau
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is my second visit to Grand Lisboa' restaurant this year since the visit to Robuchon in May, this time, I decided to visit "8" restaurant, that gained the Michelin 2 star status in 2012.

Before I come. I've request their favorite dishes which are recommend by many goumnents:
a. Suckling Pig Stuffed with Fried Rice
b. Shredded Roasted Duck with Cantaloupe, Melon, Mango and Caramelised Walnuts
c. Barbecued Pork with French Goose Liver
d. Deep-fried Macau Sole with Spicy Salt

On the above, I would recommend b and d.

Shredded Roasted Duck with Cantaloupe, Melon, Mango and Caramelised Walnuts: It was seasoned with the sesame sauce with their secret recipe, the taste is really fresh while the oily roast duck combining with several kinds of fruits, you just feel summer is back again despite it is in november! I've finished the whole plate on my own!

Deep-fried Macau Sole with Spicy Salt: It is crispy that you should not worry about any fish bones, better to serve with beer or wine.

Suckling Pig Stuffed with Fried Rice: The Rice absorb the oil from the pig make it more tasty, with a crispy skin, but it's a little bit heavy for me...

Barbecued Pork with French Goose Liver: Taste is good, but the size is too small.

Better to go with more friends to taste more dishes....

1  Thank smith2012_12

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had lunch at The 8 restaurant. There was a choice of a la carte or dim sum menus. We chose dim sum and apart from the bottomless teapot of jasmine tea, we had 6 "courses", plus the best dessert of all time; try the chilled mango and coconut pudding in the shape of 2 golden fish. It is a very popular restaurant, and we were lucky to be there at 11.30 am to get a nice table.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The place has changed a little since the last time I reviewed it, but I still think this is an amazing restaurant for dim sum. If you are near the Grand Lisboa you should definately reserve a table. The food does not taste processed at all, and every dish has an amazing presentation! I have a little bit more posted about the history of the cuisine for this restaurant at http://yesterdaysshadow.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/dim-sum-in-the-eight/. Feel free to take a look!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Drunken Shrimps...Super show...
Beijing duck is the issue in this kind of Restaurant...3 ways should be offered without any question asked...
Other dishes were great and delicate tooooo...
My problem here is the slowwwww service...and the heart breaking feeling to see my Expected soup beeing served in Front of me but NOT ON MY TABLE...( "Sorry sir, but you have ordered the option 2 ways Beijing duck" ..)
It could have been one of the best experience in a fine dining in Macao but still, i feel that there is something missing...
Food Excellent.
Service Poor.

2  Thank Lucien M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Atmoshphere and decor was great. Food was well presented and tasty. Unfortunately photos wmflash not allowed. Friendly staff who was willing to help customers take photos and refill tea