“Excellent”

Ranked #12 of 775 Restaurants in Macau
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

It's my second time dining here and the first one was a year ago. Excellent service and food quality maintains good. I had a great time with my mom and best friend here.

There are newer reviews for Robuchon au Dome

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Frequent diners at L'Atelier de Robuchon in Hong Kong. We have always heard so many raving compliments about the one in Macau. Each time we went, we never had the opportunity to try. This weekend getaway, we planned ahead of time, and booked the dinner reservation well in advance.

Situated at the 43rd floor of the Grand Lisboa Hotel, access to the 39th floor first, then you get greeted by the receptionist, and walk pass this impressive collection of wines, to another elevator.

The restaurant is elegant, and beautiful. The view is also one of the best (if not perhaps THE best) in Macau. Unfortunately, I would choose better choice of Classical music if possible, the music that was playing was kind of "lame" classical music, and Richard Clayderman ?! So 80s !!!! Anyways, the bread cart was so impressive, all the waiters and waitresses are very professional. We picked a variety of breads to start. The butter was shaved from the two mountains of salted or unsalted butter.

We picked the Menu Degustation 2013. Priced at $ 2100+ per person , takes about 3 hours to complete. Every dish was impressive, and this particular menu, we had a LOT of Black Truffles as it was in season.

The desserts can be more interesting and creative though in my opinion. The sweets/candy cart at the end of the meal, when served with your coffee or tea was fun. Felt like a kid, choosing all kinds of chocolates, candies, lollipops, macaroons from this huge cart of goodies!

Before we left, at the elevator, the waiter gave us a "lemon cake" to take home. We brought it home and my kids devoured it in one minute. Delicious cake.

We will definitely go back again next time we visit Macau.

2  Thank Katetam
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have read the many reviews here and as always they reflect the differences in tastes that make these reviews so interesting and compelling.

Living in Hong Kong we are very familiar with the local Robuchon but this was a first for us au Dome. We were celebrating my birthday and our anniversary which fall on the same day and this seemed an appropriate lunch venue which did not disappoint.

Making a reservation was nigh impossible and in the end was achieved only through the intervention of a good friend.

We opted for a champagne aperitif and stayed with the champagne for the rest of the meal, I did check out the wine list with the eye watering prices which prepared me somewhat for the price of the champagne but hey what the hell this was a celebration.

Bread
A wonderful variety of breads and the butter shaved from the butter mountain.

Starters
Crispy pork for me and dressed crab salad for madame both very acceptable especially the truffles on the pork.

Soup
La crustace which was reviewed earlier absolutely superb bouillabaisse style full of shrimp and scallop with three shrimp heads deep fried on a stick... delicious.

Main
Madame had caramelised quail stuffed with foie gras we are still wondering how this was done it was so neat served with creamy mashed potato and pronounced excellent.
For me the steamed salmon which was a major departure as I generally prefer grilled salmon but I have to say this was extraordinary, so light and delicate it melted in the mouth. I was also served the mashed potato which had so much butter you could almost hear the hardening of the arteries.

Dessert
This was a spectacle as you will see in the photographs, madame had the mille feuille, the floating island and a sliver of chocolate pistachio tart. I settled for the mille feuille and the cassis cheesecake. The mille feuille which is the signature dessert is worthy of the title and was superb.

The location is stunning and the view is breathtaking I have included a picture from the window of the facade of St Paul's Cathedral, Macau's best known landmark. I imagine at night the view must also be impressive and maybe we'll go there for dinner on a future occasion.

Well worth the three stars, service was unobtrusive and efficient and the music was a delight which proves my case for appropriate music in restaurants or none at all.

1  Thank Midorosan
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My fiancee and I had dinner here last Wednesday. We were greeted upon arrival and seated at a table with an amazing view. However, the view was second to the delectable food that was presented to us. We chose the degustation menu and was blown away by the flavour and presentation. The langoustine ravioli was the pick of the bunch.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Scenic view of the city is doubtless. As regards our taste buds, they were working busily with luxuries throughout the two and a half hour lunch time ! To us, each serving dish represented a master piece of the chef; all our five senses would be activated with full satisfaction in return. Time just slipped away so fast without any noise and sign. Set lunch menu is just good enough; you could choose from two to full courses with dessert or cheese at your wish and budget. Reservations by email or phone in advance (at least two weeks) is a must !