“Tantalisingly good.”

Ranked #13 of 783 Restaurants in Macau
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My fiancee and I had dinner here last Wednesday. We were greeted upon arrival and seated at a table with an amazing view. However, the view was second to the delectable food that was presented to us. We chose the degustation menu and was blown away by the flavour and presentation. The langoustine ravioli was the pick of the bunch.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Scenic view of the city is doubtless. As regards our taste buds, they were working busily with luxuries throughout the two and a half hour lunch time ! To us, each serving dish represented a master piece of the chef; all our five senses would be activated with full satisfaction in return. Time just slipped away so fast without any noise and sign. Set lunch menu is just good enough; you could choose from two to full courses with dessert or cheese at your wish and budget. Reservations by email or phone in advance (at least two weeks) is a must !

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to this restaurant back in September for lunch. I made the reservation way in advance as I wanted to make sure we get to try this well known restaurant. The dress code is smart/formal (no short for men and no trainers or flipflops). I requested a table by the window, and for personal reason I had to change the date several times (in advance) and each time the lady I spoke to and email to was very nice and understanding. This is was the first time my boyfriend visited Macau and he was so impressed with the entrance of Grand Lisboa and the restaurant itself. We were given a table by the window ( as requested) and as soon as we sat down we were treated like VIPs. The service is faultless not to mention the cool ipad they bring to your table so u can check out the selection of the wines available. The food we ordered was just out of this world, from the selection of bread, the butter, our starters, mains, desserts, and coffee. My brother was amazed by the selection of desserts and how tasty they all are and beautifully presented. For the experience and for the quality of food we ate, the price is just amazing. This is the first time we tried out a 3 Michelin restaurant and I cant wait to explore others as we get to visit other cities. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Macau!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I had high expectations given the reviews and the Michelin star rating review of this restaurant. Our rating is based on our expectation of food, service and ambiance for a Michelin starred restaurant.

This was only our second 3* experience and the two experiences differ completely. Whereas our first experience (Akelarre) was polished, with exemplary service and stunning originality in the menu, this experience paled in comparison. We have also had several better quality dining experiences at 1* rated restaurants and restaurants that haven't been rated by the Michelin guide. Our dining experience also compared unfavorably on all fronts (service, food, value) with a meal earlier in the week at "The Tasting Rooms" also in Macau.

Firstly the positives. The staff were all very friendly, the sommelier attentive, the bread selection, desert selection and cheeses were all fantastic. The restaurant had a good ambience (though our table left a lot to be desired). Ask for a window table when you book. The food (when served) was of a high standard, worthy of a Michelin star though only 1 star in our opinion, lacking somewhat in originality, with some courses being a lot better than others. There was no stand out, memorable course.

The experience however was sadly let down on a number of fronts. We opted for a tasting menu and enquired about wine matching which was not offered by the restaurant. You could however elect to have the sommelier select a wine by the glass for each course at c.$30USD per glass.

Secondly our first course took 50 minutes to arrive from being seated, whilst we were not in a rush this did set the tone for the evening. Service for this standard of restaurant was not as would be expected. My wife and I (both having the same menu) only received our courses at the same time once in the whole evening.

During the dessert course my wife was served a dessert that was not on our menu, the waiter realised this prior to serving mine and there was some deliberation as to how to handle this (at one point I thought they were going to remove the desert already served). Eventually they also served me this dessert. This was followed within 2-3 minutes by the dessert we had originally ordered such that we each had 2 desserts on the go at once, followed shortly after by the dessert buffet. There was no one taking the lead in terms of ensuring our courses were well timed which I would expect from such a restaurant.

Overall whilst the food was good quality we both felt let down given the price, and our expectations of this restaurant and this is first time we have visited a Michelin reviewed restaurant and not agreed with the star rating. Definitely a nice meal but there are better options at this end of the market.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

First of all I apologize for the review below as I am not a foodie and rarely write restaurant reviews. As a result the below will be very layman. We made a day trip to Macau to celebrate our wedding anniversary. After doing research on Tripadvisor we learnt that Robuchon au Dome had a very reasonably priced set lunch so decided to give it a try. We booked about 1.5 months in advance by email. I had tried to call them many times via the telephone number on their website in vain. Fortunately they responded to my email fairly quickly. They sent me a credit card authorization form to secure my booking.

We arrived at 12nn sharp, being the first to arrive. We were seated at a spacious table and enough to seat 4. The restaurant is on the top floor of the Grand Lisboa hotel. The ceiling is in a dome shape (hence the name of the restaurant). The restaurant is small and in a circular shape - tables are right up next to the windows (each table is a window table) in the outer circumference of the circle. The centre of the circle is what I believe to be a private room. To my surprise the place did not fill up – up to when we left at around 2pm there were only 4-5 other tables. There were also a couple of young children. The weather was lovely so the view was beautiful, our seat overlooked the ruins of St Paul, the Macau Tower was on the other side of the restaurant. The ambience was very quiet and intimate as the tables are fairly far apart.

My husband and I ordered the appetizer+soup+main+dessert ($558) and appetizer +main+dessert ($458) sets respectively (I am not a big fan of soup).

Appetizer
Breads – Robuchon’s breads are to die for. They are all home made, still warm, and there are several different types to choose from – bacon, cheese, sourdough, walnut. It was so delicious that we went for seconds.
Le foie gras - foie gras (creamy paste form) topped with a runny egg. The egg yolk and foie gras goes surprisingly well together.
Les moules de Bouchots – mussels were small in size but portion definitely generous for an appetizer

Soup
Les crustacés - Shellfish bisque with scallop and prawn meat inside; the tiny heads of the prawn served deep fried

Main
Caramelized quail - 4 small pieces, 2 were stuffed with foie gras; this dish was a bit too salty for me. Also it seems soy sauce was the main marinate so the quail tasted quite Asian. Served with very beautiful buttery mashed potatoes
Crispy pork belly – very fatty pork belly, skin was very crispy; also served with mashed potatoes

Dessert
We were the first table to reach dessert phase; everything on the dessert trolley were untouched. Each person can choose 2 desserts from the trolley.
Napoleon – a must try according to the waitress; the pastry was very buttery and the crème patissière was good too and you could see all the black vanilla dots in it.
Yuzu tart – similar to a lemon tart but the lemon was replaced with yuzu (Japanese grapefruit), very sour and refreshing.
Floating island – an egg white ball floating in unidentified white liquid
Ice cream – nothing special
My black coffee was terrible (overcooked and bitter) but the lovely petit fours that came with it made up for it.

Other
I opted for the “privilege degustation” which is 2 glasses of wine paired to the food by the Sommelier. I requested 1 white and 1 red. Both were quite good. However I must say that the Sommelier (French) was quite snooty. He’d pour my glass of wine, read me the label and then immediately leave our table before I had even taken a sip. (Meanwhile, later a wealthy couple sat at the table next to us and opened a bottle of Dom Perignon. The Sommelier checked on them almost every 5 minutes!)

All the other wait staff were very good and attentive, each dish and its ingredients was explained to us. They also happily took pictures for us. The total bill came to MOP1400. If I hadn’t had the wine pairing or gave into the pressure to drink 2 bottles of bottled water the bill would be just MOP1000 which is very reasonable for a 3 star Michelin restaurant! Overall we had a lovely anniversary lunch and highly recommend RAD to others.

1  Thank Jade C