“A quaint French haute cuisine place to be”
Review of La Bonne Heure - CLOSED

La Bonne Heure
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A quaint French haute cuisine place to be”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The small and quiet place which was my 4th time to dine in many times l have been to Macau always has my favorite foie gras and duck confit, so crisp and well made. My friends had salmon and sea bass also excellently done and a wine selection that is fairly priced and good. Highly recommendable.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
“Good Choice. Nice food.”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was there last week with my wife and my son. We tried the foie and the duck. The food is handmade and feels like homw cooking in france.
They have good deals also in daily menus at lunch time.
Really worth a visit if youa re tired of chinese food and enjoy french dishes.
I will go back there for sure.
Wine menu if also OK.

• Visited June 2013
Shanghai
“Very good little place”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away in an alley by Senado square. Very good French food and decently priced. Service is good and atmosphere is very intimate. Worth going

• Visited February 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food, low ceilings, too sweet dessert.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Let's start with the good--great wine list, good prices.

Then lets go to the food. Decent if simple cuisine de terroir. Nothing out of the ordinary. I had the sea bass (yes I know that there are no sea bass in the terroir, leave me alone!) and that was nice and crispy on the outside.

Then let's finish with the mediocre-the strawberry souffle sounds good but its just a ball of sugar with strawberry flavor. Don't get it if you don't want to go into diabetic shock.

If you're tall, stay on the downstairs--dont' go upstairs. I'm not that tall but I got close to whacking my head a few times.

• Visited February 2013
Rome, Italy
“Surprisingly good food, excellent service”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

A small, unpretentious restaurant with French food in Macau seemed a bit too good to be true - but actually La Bonne Heure is all that! The decor is pleasant, the service absolutely excellent, the prices a welcome break from all those expensive places in Hong Kong. And the food, just very good! My daughter and I had seabass and salad (sorry for the lack of originality, pretty much every recent reviewer seems to have chosen the same dish), and it was deliciously fresh and light. My husband's pasta was perfectly al dente. A really nice place, which we warmly recommend.

• Visited December 2012