“Exceeded High Set Expectations”
Review of La Bonne Heure - CLOSED

La Bonne Heure
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I read a few reviews of LBH and noted the chef had pedigree so was expecting a reasonably good meal - we got an exceptional one. The pate, fried goats cheese, steaks etc were all amazing and the ambiance was fantastic as set in a cave like room - very cosy and quite French. Service was also up to the task and we brought a few bottles that didnt upset them and we paid a reasonable corkage for those (HK$100). Suggest u book and go!

1  Thank StuckinBangers

Reviewed June 28, 2012

After meaning to go for ages, I eventually went with a friend and was not disappointed. Our waitress was warm and polite and not annoyingly intrusive (as they usually are in Macau - grrr!) which scores big points with me. Scoring even bigger points was the food. We both had the duck in blueberry sauce which was tender and seasoned with a pepper crust. Dessert was a shared chocolate fondant with ice cream, which was small, elegant and one of the best I have tasted. We washed it all down with a good bottle of reasonably priced red, chosen on recommendation. Along with the calm, rustic surroundings of La Bonne Heure, it all added up to an excellent experience that I will definitely be repeating many times in the future.

1  Thank Jules F
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I think I need to give some supports to this restaurant. Good foods in good price. Good wine list choice and also good in price. Not many tourists know this so I can easy find a seat at any time. They are off on Sunday. Only one complaints. It have a very strong bleaching agent smell from the toilet at the upper floor. It is fine at the G/F and semi recessed basement but unbearable at the upper floor.

2  Thank wichan70
Reviewed May 14, 2012

love the place, very french boutique restaurant offering very good quality food for a very afordable price warm cosy and very comfotable chef Koji is doing a terrific job and really showw all the passion he has for his job
Went there many time and more to come

1  Thank ypd
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is the place for the best value added French cuisine in town. The lunch menu is perfect to those who have tight budget. Otherwise the dinner will be perfect to have a fantastic evening with your partner. The service is considerably good with very attentive server. The wine menu is good with the right price.

1  Thank kentkflee