“Nice place for business gatherings”

Clube Militar De Macau
Ranked #34 of 858 Restaurants in Macau
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went to Clube Militar de Macau with some friends and during a specific event - Gastronomy and Wine Festival at the Military Club - with special invitation of Chef Henrique Sa Pessoa. It was a La Carte, for such a special event the dinner was quite affordable even though we enjoy a member discount. The dishes we ordered were totally inspired in the Portuguese cuisine and flavours: rolling goat cheese with purple onion compote, sea bass with pudding (farinheira, in Portuguese) and rice, lamb tenderloin and sweet rice with caramelized apple. The food was really good and service was very fast and attentive.
I really suggest this restaurant for businees gatherings, it's quite, nice and elegant decor.

1  Thank Lcaseiro

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having been here more than fifteen years ago, I had better memories of the food.

The place is still great with its colonial flavour and Portoguese food and wine. Still, a bit more attention with the service and with the quality of the food would be required to match my memories: for example the duck was a forgettable dish and the leek soup was very poor of taste.

Not sure if the need to wear "no plastic shoes" is really enforced any longer ...

1  Thank Zia_Angelina
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Genuine Portuguese Food, excellent wines and a unique environment. If you can only eat in one or two places in Macau this one of them.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went to Clube Militar last night for the first time. It was recommended by the hotel staff as being a very popular Portuguese restaurant. The location was great, the facilities were nice too, but the service was a bit slow, and it wasn't busy at that time. We went at about 9pm, so there were only 5 other tables full. It had been fully booked when our hotel phoned at 5pm.
Anyway, I order the Leitao Assado with chips and salad. It was nice, although the tomato was still green & the chips were like packet crisps, a bit stale too. My husband order the chef's recommendation for the day which was chicken breast stuffed with Portuguese Alheira sausage. It was dry and if it had been mine I would have sent it back, however my husband doesn't like to complain so he ate it. I did mention it to the waiter when he came to clear the tables to which he replied that it had been freshly made. Having done a Commercial Cookery course last year, I know freshly cooked from reheated.
I won't be going there again in a hurry. The chef & staff are all Phillipino too, so that was another disappointment for us.
One thing I can't complain about was the price. Having just come from Hong Kong and eating at Temple Street Markets. This was much, much better, cleaner and still cheaper

1  Thank LILIA176
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Macanese food to me is not at the top of my preferences but this place is a must do. The setting is wonderful and convenient to the old twon and main square. The service is tops by Macanese standards

1  Thank AlterK