“Just don't ever go! Period.”

Restaurante Afonso III
Ranked #604 of 775 Restaurants in Macau
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've been living in Macau for more than 7 years, and tried many good and many not so good dining places. Don Alfonso III is surely the worse place. The waitress was very rude to me and my two female friends that night. She even urged me to settle the bill before I asked for the bill - simply means she didn't want to serve you. When I complaint, her boss was even more rude....! I think that they don't want tourist esp. Chinese people to go there, as simple as that.

2  Thank Sunny L
There are newer reviews for Restaurante Afonso III

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Small portuguese restaurant, with authentic portuguese food, not to be mistaken with existing macanese restaurants ...
big portions, as two persons (asian) can eat one portion and be satisfied (the portion price is proporcional to what you get).
The location is near the city center.

4  Thank AFONSINHO
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is definitely the best Portuguese restaurant I have been to Macau so far.
I am Brazilian and I am living in HK and from time to time me and my girlfriend go to Macau to eat. The location is just fine. It is located in the center of the city. The place was accessible but the interior needs more lighting. It was a bit too dark inside. The owner treated us very well and he talked to us for several minutes too. He looked so happy to see that we speak Portuguese as well. The food was just amazing. The waitress was not very polite but well, nobody is perfect... I will definitely come again to this amazing place and I am planning to bring my other Brazilian friends too. The cod fish tasted so yummy and it reminded me of the one I had at Portuguese restaurants in Sao Paulo. The menu was written in Portuguese and English and it was easy to read. They don't have a wine list but you can just go and grab the one you want. We paid MOP 300 and we couldn't finish all the dishes since the portions are big.

3  Thank Robson H
Reviewed March 5, 2012

It looked closed from the outside with very dark interior. My 3 coworker & I, who are all in ther hospitality/service industry, experienced such unwelcoming and insulting behavior from the waitress that we had to walk out of the restaurant after placing our orders. On our way out, we mentioned to the owner that we were leaving because the waitress was rude. His response was, "That's my daughter, maybe you were taking too long to place your orders and didn't want to order enough dishes. We are here to make money, not be nice to you." After that comment, we were glad to leave. Maybe the food is good, but the service was terrible.

4  Thank 365dragon
Reviewed November 28, 2011

had one of the purtugues specials, didn't really know what I was ordering, got a veryt salty cod potato and olive oil dish I couldn't finish, even though I normally eat a lot. Jokingly was asked why I couldn't finish, not I realize that synchronizes with the other reviews on the list. Maybe this is macau's "soup Nazi"? Worth a try once because of the interesting location and authentic old school Macau character but be careful and don't go to impress a date...

1  Thank MaxmacauHKG

Been to Restaurante Afonso III? Share your experiences!