“Good, inexpensive food, popular with locals”
Review of A Lorcha

A Lorcha
Ranked #22 of 774 Restaurants in Macau
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had dinner here. Staff was friendly. Portugese-Macau cusine, authentic, and crowded with locals/hong kongers. Don't miss the clams.

1  Thank UWA_Traveller
There are newer reviews for A Lorcha

Reviewed March 11, 2013

what a delight this place was. My wife and I made a day-trip from Hong Kong to sample the Portuguese food here and we were not disappointed. Busy, busy here for a reason. There was a short line-up for a table at 2:00 PM on a Monday.
We had (based on our Waiter's help) #22 spicy clams (not too spicy), seafood rice, and coconut/curry chicken. All three dishes were delicious and generous in their portion size. We couldn't finish it all.
A great restaurant experience. Will return if in the area again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Being a Portuguese restaurant, I guess I figured the staff would be Portuguese, but not a one in sight. A hard working crew of Chinese cooks, waiters, and bar folk buzzed around like Whirling Dirvishes, catering to the needs of a very packed place. Our meal, gleaned totally from the sea, was delicious and VERY GENEROUS, so that if you do not have a big appetite, consider sharing mains (and appetizers). I ordered the octopus salad with garlic and coriander and it was huge and impossible to finish. My husband had a seafood soup which was also very good. We shared the clams and there were big fat hot crusty rolls to soak up the broth. No room for dessert, but the coffee was excellent. With 2 glasses of good wine and bottled water the meal was by North American standards, very reasonable.

2  Thank hoppiewanderer
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a late lunch here after walking from the Largo do Senado to the Maritime Museum via several colonial landmarks and the newly restored Mandarin's House. A great route, and what a great restaurant at the end of it. We hadn't booked but the restaurant was only half full at 2-ish on a thursday afternoon, so no problem getting a table. The menu has all the portuguese classics. I ordered fish chargrilled with herbs, lovely and fresh, but the Scot hit the jackpot with the clams, which came in an enormous pot with lashings of the most delicious garlic sauce - also very good on my fish! We had a crisp Portuguese vinho verde from a fairly comprehensive list. And the serradura was to die for. The service was very friendly and efficient, and the prices very reasonable. Highly recommended.

1  Thank paulinefossil
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our family of three stumbled upon this restaurant quite by accident. We were visiting the Maritime Museum, peeked in, saw how busy it was, how yummy the food looked and then waited 45 minutes for a table. It was worth the wait! I would recommend to anyone visiting this place to pop in before visiting the museum and make a reservation an hour or two prior to ensure that you get a table. The restaurant is literally right next to the square where the museum and A-Ma Temple are. We ordered the clams (unbelievable how delicious and generous the serving), the seafood rice and a grilled chicken dish. All were amazing! If I lived in Macau this would be a regular establishment for us.