Four Seasons Hotel Macau, Cotai Strip
Hotel Royal Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$96
  • Restaurant
$233
$226
  • Pool
Grand Lapa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$128
The Countdown(Macau)(Great Value!)
$133
$116
Travelocity
Rio Hotel & Casino(Macau)(Great Value!)
$108
$81
Agoda.com
$241
$191
  • Pool
All reviewswindows restaurantambassador suitechinese restaurantferry terminalvenetian casinocotai stripother hotelsguest relationsbreakfast buffetluxury hoteldim sumin room diningcakedeluxe roomshopping mallamazing hotelupon check
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Not a typical Four Seasons, nothing was up to the usual Four Seasons standard. I had visited many Four Seasons around the world, and I have to say I am extremely disappointed about this one in Macao. My whole family got woken up in the middle of the night around 2-3 am by some irritating heavy metal music. Believe it just sounded not coming from upstairs or downstairs, very close by. We called the front desk and they told us that the music was from the pool side party of the newly open hotel across the street. It was actually quiet far from our hotel, as we could not even see the pool of that hotel. Anyway, the hotel just simply responded us that that hotel was not theirs therefore they had no control over it, FULL STOP. TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE. RISK YOUR GOOD NIGHT SLEEP if you insist to stay in this overrated FOUR SEASONS.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Frequestflyer
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We've stayed at most of the better hotels in Macau (and some of the 'not so better') and have to say the Four Seasons' service is the most impressive we've yet experienced. It's just the little touches, like so many of the staff memorizing the names of all the guests, even those just staying for an night. (Course it probably helps that even on a weekend, hotel didn't seem all that busy...). We upgraded our package the night before we arrived after getting a promo email with a package that was slightly more expensive than the one booked, but including lots more frills of value.

Room was quite nice and as discussed by others, swimming pools are very good (again, not busy, despite the great weekend weather) -- oddly, most swimmers took to the heated pool, and seemed unaware of the big 'lagoon' style pool behind (admittedly, we spotted it more from our overlooking room than from the ground area).

Place is far more navigable and pleasant than the neighbouring Venetian which is just too damn big to get around readily. But big strike is need to take a taxi to get anywhere other than the two ferry terminals. View also is just so so - our southwest facing window looked out over the river border with China and the neighboring island -- but, closer, lots of desultory construction (which promises worse views to come).

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YonHither
Reviewed February 20, 2009

We really enjoyed this hotel. We must have had the most enthusiastic welcome imaginable. The staff were all smiles and tripping over themselves to help us. It made us feel like VIPs. We were even given an upgrade to a premier king bed room which was an excellent size.

The concierge were very helpful with the extensive DVD selection, however we did have one issue and that was getting the DVD to work. A call to the reception soon fixed this and in seconds (literally) there was someone at the door to rectify this problem.

We had Sunday dim sum in their Chinese restaurant and it was simply fabulous. The food was excellent quality, the service and the restaurant itself were everything you would expect from the FS.

We also used the gym which was excellent and had all you needed. Fiji water is given to you and a towel of course. We didn't use the spa but did purchase some of the lovely Aromatherapy Associates products (my fave)

We had lunch in the Venetian. It is wonderful the way the FS connects directly to it, even if it is a bit of a walk. There are many fabulous shops and plenty of restaurants including a Mortons Steakhouse and Roka (sister to Zuma) Japanese. Then you have the big, bold and brash casino itself of course, and the Zaia production of Cirque du Soleil. There is much to keep one occupied for the weekend. Plus you can buy your ferry ticket to get to Hong Kong from the Venetian too.

We really loved the lobby and the ambience of this FS hotel and we would certainly stay here again in Macau. It was a very enjoyable stay and I highly recommend this hotel to you. The service, the vibe and the room made for a very comfortable and relaxing experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2009

This is certainly better hotel than Venetian (having stayed three nights in both places). I don’t give 5 stars easily (see my other 30+ reviews for proof…) but this one does deserve it. Doesn’t obviously have the historical greatness of hotels such as Peninsula Hong Kong, but really fine in its own class. Despite staying around the world in some great hotels such as Conrads, Shangri-Las, Pensinsulas this was my first meeting with Four Seasons. And have to say that I’m looking forward to my next one after this experience.

Location: Connection from Tampa ferry terminal (Cotai Jet) is handled with free transfer bus which is shared with Venetian hotel. However, I was told at the terminal that the next bus would go only to Venetian and not to Four Seasons at all. So I had to walk all the way across the huge Venetian building from the north end (where the bus arrives) to the south end (where the hotel is located). This took 5-10 min, way is relatively easy to find, just follow the signs for “Shoppes at Four Season”.

Location is basically in the middle of nowhere. Though in a year or two the situation could be totally different due to number of big hotels raising in the immediate neighbourhood. But at the moment you either stay inside or take a taxi to downtown Macau (which isn’t really much of a sightseeing destination either). Of course all the shopping/eating/entertainment services of Venetian are available, so basically you don’t need to go outside for any purpose.

Room: I had booked a Premier Room using “Stay Longer – Third Night Free” offer. Room was located in 13th floor which was extremely large, certainly one of the biggest rooms I’ve seen anywhere. Actually bigger than the already very large suite at Venetian! Room had a table for four people, separate office desk, 42 inch LCD TV (plus a small one in bathroom), big bathroom with separate bath & shower sections (including a rain shower) and also a separate WC.

Room had a stylish classical décor with shades of light brown & white. Didn’t notice any Macau/Asia theme or details though, so basically this could have been located anywhere in the world.

WLAN access was available for 160 MOP per day.

Hotel is almost brand new, so everyplace was completely spotless. Either the room was very well soundproofed or there was nobody else in the hotel since I heard no noise whatsoever during my four day stay. Views were not the best possible ones, basically directly into a construction site. But I guess there’s nothing much to do about it since almost everywhere around the hotel is a construction site…

I was attending a conference in Venetian, distance between conference location and Four Seasons wasn’t really much longer than when staying in the actual Venetian hotel. So I was happy with my choice and would certainly pick Four Seasons again when in Macau for a conference in Venetian.

Service: Level of service was very good (though I’m a low-maintenance type, so don’t really need much additional service…). Check/out was fast and efficient. I was escorted to my room and asked if wanted a demonstration of facilities. Everybody spoke good or very good English.

Hotel does have an executive lounge in top floor, but my room level didn’t entitle visiting there. I didn’t receive any upgrades, but this certainly didn’t matter since the room was anyway excellent,

Etc: Pool area is big with a number of different pools. Some of them are warmed. Personal poolside cabana was certainly nice with own LCD TV. Didn’t try gym or spa.

I did not have breakfast included in my room price, cannot comment on that. Otherwise restaurants were out of my price level so didn’t try them. They looked quite stylish, though.

Would I return there? Yes, certainly if I’m ever in Macau/Cotai area again

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dadsasdasd
Reviewed February 1, 2009

We came to Macao for the show "ZAIA" by Cirque Du Soleil. I noticed a package at the FS website called "Cirque for the Night", which includes staying at a deluxe room, daily breakfast for 2, buffet dinner for 2 at BELCANCAO and 2 reserve A tickets to "ZAIA". I have never made a booking at the FS website before. Since I was very interested in this package, I just gave it a try. The whole booking procedure was, in fact, very simple. I got an instant confirmation from the FS Worldwde Reservations Office and another confirmation from the FS Macao the next day. I was happy and ready to go.

When we checked in, the staff located my booking but he said there was no indication in the computer record that my package included a dinner for 2 or tickets to "ZAIA". He asked me if I had made call in advance to confirm the details. I was surprised by what he said. I showed him the confirmation from the hotel listing the details of the package. He looked very confused and he needed to make call to the reservation office to clarify. I was finally directed to the concierge who arranged the show tickets for us as well as the booking for dinner. We thought the staff at the front desk should have a better knowledge about the packages that they are selling. We were not offered an explanation for what had happened but we did not care as long as we got what we ordered.

There were many people at the lobby when we arrived around 2:30pm. At check in, we found out the hotel was full and our room was not ready. We asked if the room could be ready by 3:00pm which is supposed to be the FS official check in time. We were told there were groups of people who checked in before us and they were still waiting for rooms, so the staff had no idea when our room could be available. It was annoying but we decided to start enjoying the hotel rather than sitting at the lobby waiting like many others. We left our number with the front desk and we went to WINDOW for afternoon tea. At 3:30pm, the staff called our cellphone and brought the room keys to the restaurant for us. To show their apology, our coffee was on the house.

We had a room on the 15th floor. It was beautifully appointed in FS style and nice in size even for a standard room. The bathroom was spacious with a rather large shower room. The buffet dinner at BELCANCAO was good and there was a huge variety of food choices. Breakfast was also served in buffet style at the same restaurant and the food choices at breakfast were as many as there were at dinner. Because we stayed only for one night, we did not get the chance to try the Chinese restaurant or the Spa. However, we went for a drink at the Bar Azul after the show and it was a cool place to chat and relax.

If you want to see the show and do not mind having buffet for dinner, the "Cirque for the Night" package certainly gives good value for money. If they did not make a mistake about my booking, I would have been very pleased with my stay at FS Macao.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ryu0803