“Simply Awesome”

Ranked #5 of 95 Hotels in Macau
mumbai
“Simply Awesome”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

You are received at the Ferry Terminal by the lovely attendants who help you put your bag in their complimentary shuttle service.We were met at the reception by the front desk and food and beverage manager and guided to our suiites.
The rooms looked absolutely perfect.We were with two kids and they had taken extra special care to make separate beds for them and special bath kits.They even put a small play tent in one of the rooms.It was perfection to the T.
Bathrooms were the best I have been with bath tub separate shower and toilet area,closet ,storage etc.
The swimming pool was nice and inviting.The staff of the hotel was extraordinary they were happy to provide whatever we asked for.Courtesy and hospitality at its best.The breakfast and dinner at their Chinese restaurant was of the highest standards.Very good buffet spread at breakfast and the staff ever obliging though we were pretty late for breakfast,they did not hurry us up.
Since we were pressed for time we could spend only one night but must visit again.
Only draw back was the extra soft beds and pillows.We forgot to ask them for the hard pillows and little harder bed,it was like sleeping on a water bed.

Room Tip: All their rooms Re good but preferably take a suite,as it feels like home not claustrophobic like mo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ashlyMumbai
FSMacao, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Macau, Cotai Strip, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear AshlyMumbai,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. As we read through your comment, we are glad that you basically enjoyed the entire experience, including the complimentary shuttle, the room and amenities, our F&B, as well as the service and assistance offered by our thoughtful staff in every area. Regarding the bedding, the only imperfection in your experience, actually can be resolved easily, as we do have a pillow menu and option of hard mattress available for guests. Please feel free to write to our Hotel Manager, Mr. Yonatan Kachko (yonatan.kachko@fourseasons.com) prior to your next arrival. And we have them set to make you enjoy the most. We look forward to having you back soon.

Your sincerely,
Reginia Tam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went there for a weekend getaway. The hotel is about 10-15 mins coach ride (complimentary service from the hotel)from the ferry terminal.Was waiting at the wrong spot for the coach but this kind driver noticed us and bought us to the right place with shade,minding us til we got on the coach.
The hotel lobby is small but elegant and clean,feels so different than any other busy hotels in Macau.
Staff at the front desk were all helpful and friendly,we were given tips about dining and travellings.Check-in was quick!
It was a big surprise when we get into our room.it's spacious,tidy and hey we got the special arrangement in the room.which is lovely and very thoughtful of the hotel.
The front desk staff also offered to book table for us and sent us info of the restaurants within minutes after our conversation.Feel so good for such efficient service.
The hotel is attached to a shopping mall and Venetian which is very handy.
The buffet breakfast is the one we ever tried so far.The selection of food and quality is just on the money.
There was a small issue at the breakfast that I couldn't finish the scramble egg as its a bit not for my taste.But it didnt bother me much and I still cleared all the other food on my plate.(the food was really tasty)then there came the waitress and two other staff (I suppose they are managers) asking me if there was anything wrong with the food etc.I was impressed and scared at the same time.i was impressed that they would even care about their service/food at a buffet breakfast (never happened to me in any other 4/5 star hotels!) and scared that I may have got the young lad at the egg station into troubles.
Oh I need to give any thumb up to the fresh juice at the breakfast service,it's so fresh and tasty!
We are so pleased with this hotel in terms of food,service,facilities.i wish I could stay longer and use their gym and pools. I did not feel like I was in the bustling Macau at all.It's such a quiet and relaxing place.
Yes the hotel rate could be expensive but it would worth the money if you are lucky to get if off any promotion rate.I'd rather pay the same money to stay here than those large resorts around.
There is no casino inside the hotel but there is one plaza casino next to it so you won't be experiencing those smokey and busy moments there.
There is free shuttle from the hotel to the ferry terminal every 15 mins.you could also do a 20 mins walk to the Taipa old town for some local food.Dont bother to get cab,traffic is really bad there.its good to walk around the mini Vegas ;-) and explore the area.its fairly safe in Macau.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and I can't wait to go back.Next time,I would be smart to book their Michelin starred Chinese restaurant Zi Yat Heen and try their food.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Sal_QF,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you had a wonderful weekend getaway in Macau as well as in the hotel. Your nice words about the shuttle experience, check-in efficiency, breakfast quality, etc, were shared with the teams. We were all motivated to continue keeping up the good works for every guest. We also appreciate your concern about the staff who prepared the scramble egg for you; and no worry at all, we as a team, only aim at enhancing our guest experience in a positive way. Therefore, we look forward to hearing more about your preferences for us to better prepare for your next visit. Please feel free to write to Mr. Yonatan Kachko, our Hotel Manager (yonatan.kachko@fourseasons.com). Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Best service I've ever experienced in Macau, hands down. From the moment you enter the hotel until you get to your room, you are tended to and acknowledged. I'm not into the whole follow me around thing but they are subtle and gentle about their approach. It's a rather small hotel which doesn't take away from its charm. We took our infant son and he was given a teddy bear upon entering which he quite liked.

The rooms are little dated but not in a bad way. They have the old school ritzy flair which is nice. The furniture is clean and somewhat comfortable. Bathrooms and bedroom were amazing. We upgraded to a suite since the price wasn't bad halfway into our stay and they were very helpful with that.

My wife's favorite part was that they provided a basket for our baby with lotions, baby bath, a toy among other things.

We also were able to get free breakfast which was a breakfast buffet and probably the best breakfast you can ask for. All kinds of bread, fruit, cereals, pastries, etc. they had an egg station where they prepare eggs for you, as well as an asian section with congee and fried rice.

My only complaint is if you arrive by the pier, they don't have their own shuttle which is rare. Almost all hotels in Macau had their own shuttle to take you to the pier, airport, casinos and into the city. We had to go to the city of dreams and then transfer from there to our hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed over the weekend in this Four Seasons Hotel in Macau and we were really pleased with our visit. By the time we were checking in, the front desk told us that our room was not ready and we were not pleased since our travel agent told us that we should be able to do an early check-in/late check out during our stay. Immediately, the manager took over the check-in process and offered a better room (and a huge room...) to us. We were impressed with the service and also suite, which was indeed a great room. The swimming pool is also very nice and should be a must-visit. Unlike other hotels in Macau, it was NOT that crowded and the experience was great overall. However, the cleanliness of the hotel was not the standard of Four Seasons, but I do believe this applies to other brands in Macau as well.

Hangzhou, China
Reviewed August 1, 2013

1. service is incrediable, I left for breakfast buffet, when I came back, I see their careness more than just a clean room. I love to collect hotel shampoo and condition these stuff, even you can clearly see I put them into my make up bag, but the room cleaner still gave you one more set, and the fold your clothes, put more free water, and even filled the champagne bucket with ice. And there is a pool man named Fred, he is super friendly, you can ask him for as many noddles as you want, also at the front desk, a lady named Michelle, she is really helpful and thoughtful! If you are going to Macau for first time, you can ask her to give you some restaurant recommendances.
2. location is great, plus there are many shuttle buses at Venetian you can take.
3. buffet is amazing, Japanese food, Indian curry, Chinese food, Portugese food.....
Another special thing about four seasons is they've got free wifi covered the whole hotel, after you paid for a room, it feels like lots of free things is coming, pools, drinks, wifi... not like others, you have to pay for wifi, and some extra stuff.

Hangzhou
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with world-class service. After I checked in, I asked the receptionist (Michelle) for some restaurant recommendations outside of the hotel. Sure enough, about an hour later when I returned from the pool I had an envelope under my door containing a handful of notes with a great assortment of dining options.
Fred the pool man was nothing short of helpful, he checked up on us whenever our glass were empty.

All in all, this is without a doubt my favorite hotel in Macau and I'll for sure return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FSMacao, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Macau, Cotai Strip, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Shaolinchris,

Thank you very much for the great comment. We are very happy to hear that Four Seasons Hotel Macao is your favorite, and to know that our attentive staff had delivered an enjoyable experience to you. We all look forward to having you back very soon. Once you have set your plan, please feel free to write to our Hotel Manager, Mr. Yonatan Kachko (yonatan.kachko@fourseasons.com), we always look for opportunities to enhance your next experience. Hope to see you again soon.

Public Relations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

my wife and i booked the four seasons for a special weekend away to watch the boxing. we were greeted at reception for an early check in with a bouquet of roses for my wife and also taken straight to our room by Ricardo (guest relations assistant manager) which had been upgraded to a Junior Suite. There is nothing Junior about it! its 50% larger then our HK apartment! the room had a half bottle of champagne on ice and a fruit platter to welcome us. We were allowed to check in early and they also arranged a late check out time for us. The room was superbly furnished and the bed like with all Four Seasons was the comfiest we have ever slept on.
we used the pool and were given a cabana to call home for the afternoon. the pool staff were attentive in the heat always topping us up with ice cold water and bringing round occasional complimentary soft drinks like lemon grass water and iced tea. the food by the pool was a little limited (although very high quality) so they allowed us to order off the Splash restaurant menu that we could have outside in our cabana. the staff could NOT do more to help us. so relaxing.
check out was clear and straight forward and arranging return ferry was all taken care of. the breakfast is incredible, an enormous selection of the highest quality. we were allowed to use the pool until we left in the afternoon and use the fantastic spa to shower and change. even though it was just a weekend break im back at work now refreshed and happy after being pampered by the Four Seasons team (again!!!)
only criticism (which is not aimed at the hotel directly) is the 'stay and play package' includes a HKD300 token you can use in the adjoining casino. it states on the back that you have to match this amount with the same amount of cash and if the minimum table amount isn't met by the cash portion of this you need to add more cash. whats more is that if you use the token and add your cash ONLY your cash is considered in the odds when it comes to paying out should you win. ie we played roulette and matched the voucher with another 300HKD. we won and the pay out total was 900 (our 300 double and the token just converted to cash). thankfully we had a Four Seasons rep help us understand this pay out split as the casino linked to the hotel were not prepared to explain to us when we thought we had been "under" paid.

Room Tip: we had a junior suite, 1712, and it was simply fantastic. quiet, huge room, great bed and bathroom
Dear Jimbo1981,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great comment. We are happy to know that you did enjoy the entire experience of your weekend getaway at Four Seasons Hotel Macao. Your nice words were shared with the teams, and we were all highly motivated. We will keep up the good work for every guest, and look forward to having you back soon. Meanwhile, should there be anything that we can do to enhance your future experiences, please feel free to write to our Hotel Manager, Mr. Yonatan Kachko (yonatan.kachko@fourseasons.com). Hope to see you again soon.

Public Relations