“Very good value for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Lisboa

Grand Lisboa
Ranked #40 of 95 Hotels in Macau
panama
“Very good value for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

Very well located, free mini bar, free internet, free movies and very good room service, very fast. Clean room, but I did not like the decoration. The food in the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Boli10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York, NY US
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

I arrived at 21:30, the only customer in the lobby and it took more than 30 minutes to complete the registration and go to the room. The safe deposit box is not secured to the wall or floor, it has a wire attaching it. It is not secrue enough for me. I called the front desk to ask about a safe deposit box. It took the front dest 2 hours to find out and it took more than 30 minutes to open the box. The next day i wanted to get something out of the box. it took 25 minutes to get assess and after i wanted to lock up my box the person from the hotel looked in my box before locking it up. I was shocked. there is no room security. anyone can enter the elevators to go to the rooms. this is a casino hotel and needs better security. the free razor in the bathroom is very poor quality. The registering problems and safe deposit box problems wasted 2 hours of my time. The staff does not speak English and are poorly trained. They do not seem to understand this is supposed to be a luxury hotel. I am seeking a 50% refund for my stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank NewYorkDsbob
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed here in the 2nd week of May for 5 nights. I had booked a standard room but we were upgraded to a deluxe corner room for free which was great. Our room overlooked the Wynn and MGM casino's and we could see the fountain show in front of the Wynn from our window.

I was a bit anxious about booking this hotel due to the poor reviews about service, but I couldn't get a room for the full 5 nights at any of my other hotel choices so decided to take a chance on the Grand Lisboa. Well we didn't have any problems with service at all - no problems at all with check-in and when we asked concierge to get our ferry tickets a few days later to the HKIA, they were only too happy to do it and had them for us within the hour. Everybody was lovely and very attentive and most people could speak English.

The room itself was great - it was big, new and stylishly decorated. It included a king sized bed, a big flat screen tv in the bedroom and also tvs in the bathroom and toilet. There was a jacuzzi and shower with sauna. Toiletries were cool - Hermes - and there were slippers, matching bathrobes and an umbrella for your use. Drinks in the fridge were free (or more like included in the room price) as long as you left the empty cans/bottles in the room - there was soft drink, juice, water and one beer. No liquor. Tea and coffee were also available. We also had free wifi in our room which was very handy. The evening turn down service meant a little cleanup by the house-staff and top-up of any toiletries that you may have used that morning. Very efficient.

The casino itself was adequate. No where near as big as the Venetian but there were a few gaming floors - mostly table games.

The location of the hotel was really good - only a five minute walk to Senado Square. We took taxi's to the Fisherman's Wharf, Three Lamps district, etc and it only cost about HK$17-19 each way. The taxi ride to Venetian was about HK$50.

All in all, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Macau.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wimbli
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2009

My family & I stayed at Hotel Lisboa (the "old" Hotel Lisboa) December of 08. I must say that I have no qualms about the hotel room & service within the "old" Hotel Lisboa. I will even go so far as saying that I liked our Hotel Lisboa room better than our Luxor suite in Vegas (which was total crap but that's another story..or review). Broadband was free, & so were the minibar drinks (you just need to leave the empty cans at the minibar, otherwise you'll be charged for them). Guests are given the option to take home the terrycloth robes, & the free toothbrushes & hairbrushes were of such good quality that even though it's not my thing to take home hotel toiletries because it's so 'ghetto', I thought I'd make an exception. I felt dirty about it, but I did it & now I'm coming clean about it on Tripadvisor.com. The bathroom was an entirely different experience altogether. The basins were transparent & you could see the terrycloth robes placed underneath, begging for you to take them home (which, as specified in the note that came with the robes, was actually an option--too bad I didn't have enough room for them in my luggage). In the tub/shower area, you're given the option to use the shower, the handheld shower, or the 4 'shower spray things' attached to the wall. What you don't get is everything spraying all at once for The Full Shower Experience but you can't have your cake & eat it too, I guess. Anyhoo, I wasn't sure I was ever going to figure them out without a manual, but I guess playing Mystery Case Files during lunch break at work finally paid off. My only gripe was with the service within the Grand Lisboa casino itself. There was always a long discussion amongst the staff (in Chinese) whenever we'd ask them to break, say, 500 HKD into five 100 HKD bills, or ask for ten 20 HKD bills in exchange for two 100 HKD bills. Sometimes they'd flat out refuse to provide change. We didn't have this problem at The Venetian, & this is perhaps among the manifestations of the $100++/day difference between these two 5-star hotels.

• Liked — The free minibar drinks & the free broadband service
  • Disliked — The service within the Grand Lisboa casino
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kittenheel
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2008

In all my travels I have never stayed in a room with its own sauna in this respect Grand Lisboa is unique. A deluxe room admittedly this stay was beyond luxurious although some of the finishings did border on gaudy just to remind you this is a casino hotel. Comfortable king bed and flats screen TVs in living room , bathroom and toilet just so you dont miss any moment of your favorite shows. Well equipped gym and pool and of course casino on the ground floor. Hotel has free transfers available from the ferry terminal. Is modern and clean throughout and service was without fault. A memorable stay.

• Liked — Room comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Alena&Steve