SanVa Hotel
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
$228
$205
Grand Lapa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
$128
$91
Trip.com
$241
$191
  • Pool
Rio Hotel & Casino(Macau)(Great Value!)
$105
$81
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here (2 person) one night in this hostel on June 27, 2014. It was actually my second time going there. HKD 320 for Friday night (220 for weekdays) for two person in one room which is probably the best price in Macau but lack of an air conditioner and noisy environment whole of the night made our night an absolute nightmare. Probably prison can be much better than it. Only a fan is working which is not really enough for that humid and hot weather of Macau in Summer. Few steps out Hotel Ko Wah Charged us HKD 850 for twin bed room, we end up with that one for the other nights.
Forget privacy all the time in this hostel and if you go in summer, forgot sleeping too.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I've decided to stay here because this hotel was a filming location of Kar-wai's 2046. I didn't find anything special, though. The hotel is very old, but clean and you can feel how the hotels looked like 50 or even 100 or more years ago here.)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I spent one night there and it's totally fine... I was reading the reviews before but it was the cheapest I could find anyway so I still booked there. I had a warm welcome despite no english speaking, the room was cute but really really old style. Maybe a few bugs but it's fine, as a backpacker, I've seen worst! the place is really authentic. And the location is perfect.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank aaaudreyyy
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Don't expect anything more than basic, but we found this place charming. It fits perfectly into the characteristic narrow corridors and rustic history of Macau. The walls are little more than cardboard sheets but you have everything you need. Really well located too - can get to most tourist attractions in a 15 min walk... 20 min walk from Macau tower. Really nice fresh fruit store right underneath- perfect for breakfast juices and smoothies. Good way to soak in the real culture of Macau.

Room Tip: Twin room with window is good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Melimei
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is recommended as one kind of a hostel in Macau. Finding an affordable (cheap) accommodation in Macau is nearly impossible. That's why I decided to give it a try. They clearly state in their website that the place is a bit rundown. So, I've prepared myself. When I arrived, a 50's man was the receptionist. He only speak very basic English but he's friendly & I could understand what he's saying. So, no hassle with check in and check out. They asked me HKD/MOP100 for deposit which would be returned on my check-out.

I booked the "deluxe" room for HKD220/night. Okay, the room made me speechless. It's worse than I expected. The wall doesn't go up to the ceiling so it is easy to hear your neighbour's conversation. To be fair, the room and the bathroom were both very clean & spotless. However, it still gave me some goosebumps. They provide you a cupboard, sink, cups, chairs & table in the room. But, I did not dare to open the cupboard yet put my luggage there. I simply put my luggage on the chair because the cupboard seemed very old & (maybe) dusty inside.

I stayed only one night here because I was going back to Hong Kong the next day. Despite all of those creepy feelings, I could sleep quite well that night. I think it's more because I have neighbours. I could not imagine if there was no one in the next rooms. Yeah, it's dirt cheap for an accomodation in Macau. But, if you aren't an adventurous person, you're better not staying here.

Room Tip: I think it's better to choose a balcony room. Spend some money to get a sunnier room. It's around HKD360.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo