“Threatening staff!”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Threatening staff!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

The shopping parade with the river is nice if you've never visited Venice. The shops are very upmarket. Smoking is allowed in the casino, which I disliked but smokers may find it a bonus. I found the casino terrible. I was taking a picture of the fancy frescoes on the ceiling and didn't realise you weren't allowed to take photos. A security guard marched over and shouted at me in an extremely rude and threatening manner. I felt extremely intimidated and felt a simple 'excuse me, no photos' would have done. It is not acceptable to speak to anyone in the manner he used, especially not a young woman. I left immediately and will never return!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Overpriced! Fake! Why?”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

On our last day in Macau it rained heavily and since we had a few hours to kill before our flight we went over to the Venetian as someone had said the children might enjoy the gondola ride. When we finally found the place to buy tickets I was shocked to discover that it was going to cost 500 mop for a 15 minute ride for our family. They also insisted that we pay for each member if our family as an individual because a private boat was apparently only for 4 people and we have 3 kids so were 5! There was a big sign saying we would need to wait for 15 minutes. It was not busy - little wonder if you look at the price - but after waiting more than 15 minutes we complained as there were still two parties before us and they seemed only to be using 2 boats with lots tied up at the side. When I complained they eventually put on another boat but the wait was still 20-25 mins. I hate to think what it would have been like if it had been busy! We then went to find a restaurant and had to walk miles to find an escalator that the kids could use to reach the lower floor as only adults can go through the casino. The dim sum restaurant we found was also not busy, the service was slow and incompetent with the waiters bringing the wrong dish and then taking ages to bring the one we had actually ordered. The food and atmosphere were worse than a low end shopping centre in Hong Kong or Macsu proper. Well seen these places cater to tourists. By the time we left we struggled to get a taxi and for the first time in 3 days in Macau the taxis wouldn't take our whole family saying they could only take 4! The only redeeming feature was the sky in the fake Venice bit where the lighting was clever and it did seem like a sunny day. Otherwise I really can't understand why anyone would want to go there. Macau is a fascinating place with a rich history, beautiful and real old European style buildings and fantastic little restaurants serving wonderful Eurasian food at a fraction of the price of this fake piece of overpriced cross between a conference centre and shopping mall!

Visited May 2014
Bengaluru, India
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“WOW”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Yes it is a Casino but soooo much more, this is the first place i have ever got completely lost as took 1 hour to get out. If you like bling and the experience go for it

Visited February 2014
Singapore, Singapore
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Place to walk around for its Venice feel”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Venetian is one of the biggest hotel in Macau and is a place that must not miss not because of its casino but its beautiful architecture design. It is beautiful at night and should spend some time with your love one here, experience the Venice feel.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Unbelievably Large”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We travelled to Macau and having been to Las Vegas thought we could not be amazed but the size of the Venetian was unbelievable. We would walk around and be in the wrong place and it would take you ten minutes to get back to the original spot.

The shops were great and my husband loved the casino.

Our suite was lovely with views over the mini golf course. We only stayed one night and would really need to go back to see all of the hotel.

The staff were helpful and if I am honest I just found it too big.

Visited April 2014