“Good Indian Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fogo Samba - CLOSED

Fogo Samba
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good Indian Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at Macau during the month of April 2014 and tried Fogo Samba restaurant for Breakfast.

It is relatively smaller restaurant as compared to the other breakfast restaurants and mainly serves Indian breakfast. (even though they claimed to serve International Buffet Breakfast on phone).

The Indian spread and the taste were good. Since Fogo Samba is Brazilian restaurant, they added a little touch by serving grilled pineapple and BBQ sausages on the table, which was nice

Indian Masala tea is also very good. The staff was a bit slow to refill the food but we were not pressed for time so it was ok.

Defiantly worth visiting once

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is the 2nd time i visited this restaurant. First time was few years back when i had a company trip and my ex-boss booked buffet dinner for the whole lot of us, and since then i had good impression of this restaurant.

This time round, i recommended it to my family and brought them here to try. We decided not to go for buffet as we are not exactly very hungry. Thus we went for ala carte.. and oh Boy! Portion was huge for us.. BUT we are really happy with the food quality and the great service that the staff had rendered to us..

Only feedback is probably the lamb whereby it is too tough which my dad had a harder time to chew on...

I will definitely visit the restaurant again when i am back to Macau... Love this place!

Visited March 2014
Hong Kong
“Worst meal of our lives. I would give this a 0 rating if it was available. AVOID”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was our fourth time to try Fogo Samba at the Venetian in Macau. The previous other 3 times we had good experiences. But after this trip, we will NEVER go back and STRONGLY recommend all of our friends do the same.

We were sat and at no point did a waiter ever come up to introduce themselves to us. No wine list, no drink menu and no order taken. Luckily we had been before so my wife and I helped ourselves to the salad bar. The salad bar was not bad, but the crab legs were definitely not fresh and stunk of seafood that was turning. They had food poisoning written all over them.

After about 20 minutes I finally was able to get the attention of the woman who busts the tables after people pay their bill. I asked for tap water, which she brought after about ten minutes. This was the last time our water glasses were filled.

Still no waiter, the meat guys finally came to us after passing us by 3 or 4 times. Over the next forty minutes we were served a lamb chop and a cut of sirloin. The meat was oversalted and tough, low quality cuts of meat.

After an hour, my wife and I gave up, spoke to the manager and told him we were leaving. The only bright side of the dinner was the manager comped the bill after such a terrible experience.

AVOID and only eat there at your own risk.

• Visited March 2014
Hoover, Alabama
“Worst service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Worst service, had to get up 3 times to look for our server to get service. I have tried several Brazilian Steak House in US and I have always enjoy the service and food but in Macau it was my worse experience

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Indonesia
“Be Careful with the bottled water”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went there for dinner due to using a voucher of buy 2 get 1 free meal voucher if you stay at the Venetian Hotel. We let the guy know beforehand about the voucher and there were no problems. The quality of the meats were below average as you do get what you pay for. I've tried the meats in a brazilan fogo de chao in Los Angeles and they tasted tender and high quality; this on the other hand tasted like low quality tough meat where the meat wasn't even hot enough.

Another issue was they offered 1 liter italian bottled water in which the first bottle was okay and they added lemon. The second 1 liter bottle we ordered had a cap that was already opened and we noticed it tasted like tap water. Now I know why they offer lemon to the water as they can trick people with their 'bottled' tap water. We asked for a new bottle replacement because it tasted like tap water which the guy DID give and this time he opened the cap in front of us and it did taste real bottled water this time. I told him to not do this kind of scam with the bottled tap water but the waiter's reaction was pretending that he didn't know about it but he willingly replaced it.

I guess they wanted to make up the cost of the free meal voucher by charging us italian bottled water and replacing it with tap water. Also, we ordered a cocktail which was too sweet and not recommended either.

The only thing nice about the place was the ambiance and interior design as well the salad bar.

• Visited December 2013