“What a gem!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“What a gem!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Went with about 20 family members, and had a wonderful meal! Prompt and friendly service. Reasonably priced with a wide and wonderful selection of options on the menu, would recommend to anyone!

Douglas, United Kingdom
“WE FOUND IT BY ACCIDENT! BUT SO GLAD WE DID”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were out for an evening drive on my birthday looking for somewhere to eat. Foolishly, we hadn't booked. Stopped, went in and it was packed. Luckily, there was just one table for two not booked.
Brenda had a goat's cheese pie for starters. She gave me a small piece and it was to die for. I had the most wonderful pateI I had a pork loin chop (in fact in was 2) smothered in a blue cheese sauce served with vegetables which were done to perfection. Bren had breast of Caribbean chicken (in fact, 3 breasts). She said it was fabulous but she did struggle to eat it all. I guess that the desert menu is good too but we were too full even to ask for it.
The staff were friendliness itself, very attentive yet in no way 'pushy'.
We had 2 courses each and a drink and it came to about £40'. (A pot of tea and unlimited coffee! )We have already booked to go again and we urge you to try it. You will not regret it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank alanbuck
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Super lunch”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a lovely lunch ....... Staff were very helpful, food was excellent and sitting out on the new roof terrace in the summer sun looking out to the hills ....... We could have been on holiday !!
We will definitely be returning to dine here and will be recommending to our friends.

• Visited June 2014
“........I think the standards are slipping.....”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

...until recently I would have said that this was my favourite place to eat....well I think things are going down and I think it's since the big new extension. It's not improved the surroundings and def. not improved the food or the service which seems to have become a bit slip-shod.
V, v sad but it's been coming on for a while, in my opinion anyway.....sorry! (:-(

Visited June 2014
douglas isle of man
“family occasions”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

we often pop in for lunch /evening meal & find the staff very accommodating as we sometimes turn up on the spur of the moment & have never been refused a table .We regularly have family meals here for Birthdays etc & have never had a bad meal or bad service . The staff are always very helpful & will try & accommodate fussy eaters by tweaking the odd meal

• Visited June 2014