Through Hotelopia we've booked a one bedroom apartment. We've requested a roofterrace and got one. Our apartment didn't have a normal balcony, only a French balcony. The roofterrace with lots of flowers and two sunloungers was nice, but it didn't have a lot of privacy because there are a lot of terraces together.
Parking is Puerto de Mogan is very difficult, you can park near the apartment and the beach, but the cost is almost 10 euro's a day.
The apartment was furnished with old furniture and IKEA furniture. Puerto de Mogan is very charming with lots of flowers, shops and restaurants.
We do not know if we want to return. During our stay we've seen lots of very little ants in the apartment and an enormous (6 cm) cockroach in the showercurtain. The cockroach was removed by a cleaner. The cockroaches come in through the doors and windows, but there is no mosquito netting and due to the absence of airconditioning, you have to open the windows in the evening because the apartment has to cool down. If we return we shall take mosquito netting and tape ourselves.
The Puerto de Mogan beach is rather small and was crowded because a lot of Spanish families were present. The part of Puerto de Mogan where the Spanish people live is very ugly. Some houses have got big Spanish flags. I don't know if that is related to soccer or being proud of being Spanish.
Staff at reception was friendly and efficient. The site was quiet during weekdays but I think there will be a lot of noisy Spanish families during the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have a selection of high quality one and two bedroom apartments all situated in the Mogan Marina area, either in the first or second line. All our apartments are unique with a large roof terrace and / or balcony and access to our large swimming pool just metres from your apartment. They are all fully equipped with everything you'll need to enjoy your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Venecia de Canarias reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Venecia De Canarias Hotel Gran Canaria
- La Venecia De Canarias Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria