What makes this hotel unique is the amount of effort, thought, and money invested into the gardens separating the various buildings of the hotel, described in their brochure as; "Luxurious botanic garden distributed over a surface of 48,000 square meters with over 200 species of subtropical plants." The plants global originations are carefully labelled and their size and quality are magnificent. I particularly liked the cactus garden.
Service is friendly and well managed for a hotel that can accomodate approx 1000 guests.
The Los Guyares Restaurant is highly recommended for those, like myself, who prefer a full service restaurant with a larger wine list and a grand cru glas to the self service buffet, which had a very wide choice of fare.
The hotel was full during our visit, creating slightly overcrowded conditions around the pools, but no problem for swimming due to the large size of the major pool.
Direct access from the hotel to a pedestrian 5 minute walk to the very attractive Puerta Mogan fishing village, and marina, with its 50 boutique restaurants and bars was a major plus.
Internet access with wifi was limited to the lobby and surrounding area.
The weather at the end of Dec. during our stay was ideal, 20 to 24 0 C during the day, and warm enough to dine outdoors during the evening if one wished, but a little fresh for breakfast outside, although many people chose this option.
Many Europeans will now be choosing destinations like Gran Canaria for a winter break, motivated by the volatile climate change weather conditions to the north.
We intend taking a much longer break next winter in the Canary Islands in preference to the tropics or the american continent, because of the attractive climate, beauty of the Islands, relatively short flight (4 hours) ,great infrastructure, and the increasing problems elsewhere in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria