My wife and I went to Puerto Mogan in Gran Canaria for a couple of days in February to get a bit of sunshine. Weather was good, but it also rained quite heavy several times.
We stayed at Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa, which we chose based on the good reviews on Tripadvisor - my 'travel bible'.
Hotel was good, rooms are in very good condition and clean. Service was good in general and food in the restaurant mixed. There is a lot of choice for both buffet breakfast and dinner - some dishes are great, others are not. In February the majority of guests were older couples enjoying a holiday in the pleasant climate of the Canary Islands. Price of drinks was reasonable. We went to the spa, which I don't think is worth the extra money.
My disappointment was Puerto Mogan in the sense that I expected a more authentic local village, but found a resort completely built for mass tourism same as other resorts - can't see what is authentic in Puerto Mogan. Compared to the other resorts, there doesn't seem to be much nightlife - it is oriented towards a more quite holiday.
Overall, Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is good 4-star hotel if you like big hotels geared for mass tourism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria