Hotel is one of the best looking hotels I've stayed at, it's impressive to look at and is situated in a good location. The hotel inside and outside is very impressive and staff are very friendly. The hotel rooms were very big with a large bathroom, very nicely furnished.
The food in the hotel was generally ok, nothing bad but nothing special either the breakfasts didn't take my fancy bit the choice was plentiful. The buffet evening dinner was also good but nothing special, I've had better elsewhere.
Mogan is a nice town but dont go there if you want a bit a small bar after 9-10 to have a drink or two- there isn't anything there. I went down for a meal around 9:30 one night and most places were empty or shut.
One aspect of the hotel that dissapointed was the pool bar (La Fula) - I've never seen a pool bar so quiet, maybe something to do with the expensive prices, €3.50 for a local beer and €1.50 for a small bottle of water. People seemed to be voting with their feet and avoiding it. It's something the management should closely look at if they want to attract people to actually spend their money there. At the supermarket across the road you could get a dozen beers for €6 and a 2l bottle of water for a euro, put them in the room fridge and save a fortune. One cheap way of getting the fridge is just order an initial 6 mini mar drinks, after that just use the fridge with stuff bought from the supermarket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria