We had another great week at this hotel. An excellent and swift check-in with well-mannered and polite receptionists. E-mailed hotel prior to arrival asking for a room in a specific block and on a specific floor and my request was granted. Beds were a little hard on the first night but we asked for a mattress topper the next morning which was fitted when housekeeping cleaned the room.
The hotel tour at 11.00am every Friday morning starting from the reception was really good and informative taking in many unseen places, such as the kitchen, laundry etc. We were also informed that the staff were taking English lessons. Over the week we saw the lifeguard testing the water in the pools whilst on duty and members of staff having life-saving training in the pool. The pool was never cold.
The evening entertainment was really great compared to last year, even the entertainment teams premiere of We Will Rock You was well presented and received by the holidaymakers.
The food was once again of the highest quality with a greatly improved variety of desserts with not so much of the mousse type offerings. The coffee at breakfast was certainly not strong and bitter as you usually get in hotels both here and overseas. If you go in the covered terrace for meals it is as good as eating outside. You are given a table for evening meal but if this is not the place for you they will change it . It is easy to buy your water from the hotel gift shop for 1 euro for 5 litres and then you don't have far to carry it.
The only one downside during our stay was that Friday and Saturday seemed busier than the rest of the week which we think was probably due to islanders (locals) making up the numbers.
We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria