we chose this hotel on a late booking, based on recommendations from this site. We were not disappointed at all and enjoyed a relaxing week of hot weather in beautiful surroundings. This hotel has a wow factor which hits you when entering the foyer. It is very clean, the decor is of a very high standard and the staff are multilingual and very helpful. Little touches like champagne on arrival, made us feel very welcome. we had an elderly relative with us who had her own room next door, both our rooms opened into a private lobby area with an outer door into the corridor, so we could lock that and safely leave our doors open if we wanted access to both rooms. The pools were well laid out with private areas for sunbathing, each pool has spa's and a bar area. Beach towels are provided each day ( by a really happy guy ) the rooms are spotless and very spacious. We stayed half board, the food was good and varied, although like other comments the time allocation system can be restricting and make you feel like your part of a process. Evening entertainment was a little uninspiring, but sitting in the huge sofa's in reception listening to the pianist or sax player was really pleasant . The childrens entertainers did a great job early evening with the youngsters and spoke in all languages.
Mogan is a quiet area with good restaurants and bars. they are not " tacky " like some places in Puerto Rico. The beach is a 10 minute walk from the hotel, it is sandy and safe for children. Their are some good quality shops and the usual souvenir outlets and a huge market appears on Fridays which is well worth a visit. we usually stay in Marriott Hotels when taking short breaks as the quality is very high, this hotel is better and we would definitely return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria