Firstly I want to point out to all the people who have slated this hotel in various ways...worn towels, a bit of dust, a broken bulb, a poor view,a little mess on a carpet!,.....Get a life....you get what you pay for. This is a 4 star as it states itself. Not 4+ not 5, a four!!! I went there with my elderly parents and have seen the Four stars outside the hotel main entrance for myself. Yes there is the odd broken light fitting or a mess on a carpet and I am sure the maintenance dept is aware of these little faults and are working as hard as possible to fix them. For those people it did bother, this hotel is obviously not for you or your champagne lifestyle. Personally, I think it offers exactly what you expect from a 4 star. The staff are knowledgeable, personable without being intrusive. The rooms a large enough, well appointed, and smart...its only a room! I only used it to sleep in.........after all, I am on holiday!!! Mogan itself is quaint and charming with a lovely marina and working harbour. We had two rooms on the third floor of block 4 which received the sun on the balcony from about mid day onwards. Although the hotel has lots of rooms, its architecture, and layout feel just a small Canarian Village with beautiful fountains,gardens and courtyards .
There was a good variety of good quality food available both at breakfast and in the evening. Peak time was at about 9 oclock a.m and p.m.
Evening buffet meal is an allocated table affair so it doesn't matter what time you come in during the sitting slot you have chosen. The food on the evening buffet is of a good quality, and there is lots of freshly cooked meat and fish available as well as a range of other dishes to try.
Service: When we stayed at this hotel the service was excellent. Staff at the reception are very friendly never rushed you.
Room/Sleep Quality: Excellent, rooms cleaned spotlessly daily.
Cleanliness: Very clean indeed, you would be hard pressed to spot a single bit of dirt!
Location: The location is brilliant! It was extremely close to the harbor where all the bars and restaurants are located.
Breakfast & Dinner: The food was excellent and varied! There were so many different choices, and the staff who were serving the meats are ever so friendly.
Overall this is a truly wonderful hotel set in its own little piece of paradise, I think that this hotel and all it has to offer its suitable for anyone! The people who gave this hotel bad reviews are talking absolute rubbish! This was a dream short 1 week break for me and my seventy something parents. We will definitely be going again!.....Jan 2015 I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria