We booked this trip at the last minute having looked at many, many hotels on Trip Advisor most of which sounded awful! Cordial Mogan Playa certainly had the best reviews and we weren't disappointed! Lovely room just where we'd requested on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. Beds very comfortable with the mattress toppers provided. Previous reviews said beds very uncomfortable. We decided on bed and breakfast as we love to experience the local cuisine and enjoyed our walks into the Marina most evenings as there are many lovely restaurants there. Felt very safe in the area and the walk into the Marina was lovely being flat, well-lit and pretty.
The staff were all very helpful, smiling and pleasant. Couple of improvements could be made to the Bar area where when busy staff a bit harassed! Also we found the music overpowering and mainly classical whether it be recorded or live with the violinist playing in the bar area. We love classical but not ALL the time! It was very heavy and dreary and it could do with some lovely Spanish music (we are in Spain after all!) or some lighter music generally. We found the breakfasts very good and the overall layout of the hotel with the beautiful tropical plants inside and out were lovely and made this quite a unique hotel.
Entertainment could be better especially by the 'animation team' whose rendition of Grease was rather painful to say the least although I appreciate they do work very hard. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria